Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2019, 07:26 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,383,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
This is an indepth article. It appears Iran is doing what it can to get 2017 sanctions by the US against them lifted, which are crippling their oil industry. And the UK is caught in the middle, not wanting to anger their stronger ally the US, but they don't really have a dog in this hunt.

I read a really indepth article earlier this evening, and can't find it again. Tehran is economically crippled, and is trying to strike out at the US and allies to get relief.

I have never sided with Iran before in my life, but sometimes, you have to listen to the other side. So far, they haven't apparently harmed any of the crew of the ship. When one country is crippling the economy of another, maybe they're justified in shouting out?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/b...ormuz-n1031866
Considerate post.

Which is exactly the type of situation that led to Japan feeling it had no choice but declaring war upon the U.S.

History can teach us all if some would only read a frikken book not written by a Hollywood playwriter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2019, 07:31 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,491,340 times
Quote:
This is an indepth article. It appears Iran is doing what it can to get 2017 sanctions by the US against them lifted, which are crippling their oil industry. And the UK is caught in the middle, not wanting to anger their stronger ally the US, but they don't really have a dog in this hunt.

I read a really indepth article earlier this evening, and can't find it again. Tehran is economically crippled, and is trying to strike out at the US and allies to get relief.

I have never sided with Iran before in my life, but sometimes, you have to listen to the other side. So far, they haven't apparently harmed any of the crew of the ship. When one country is crippling the economy of another, maybe they're justified in shouting out?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/b...ormuz-n1031866
UK is trying to incite a war between US and Iran. They are doing the same things that Britain, Turkey, and Israel had been doing in Syria and the Saudis have been engaging in in Yemen. It a consequence of the whole red line policy that permeates US intervention in the MENA where incidents are manufactured or fabricated in order to create a legal precedent for an act of war or to motivate parliaments to issue legal edicts for acts of war..

Old 07-19-2019, 07:33 PM

35,508 posts, read 17,732,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
UK is trying to incite a war between US and Iran. They are doing the same things that Israel have been doing in Syria and the Saudis have been engaging in in Yemen. It a consequence of the whole red line policy that permeates US intervention in the MENA where incidents are manufactured or fabricated in order to create a legal precedent for an act of war.
I don't see how you see that.

The UK, it appears to me, was caught in the crossfire between the US and Iran, for being allies of the US. Interestingly, this tanker that has been captured by Iran is only kind of British - none of their citizens were on board, and it appears they shared the cargo with Sweden.

This looks to me like Iran is trying to take a direct hit at a US ally, because they are unable to overtake a US tanker.

Old 07-19-2019, 07:44 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,778,908 times
Wasn’t this the reason why the European allies didn’t want to kill the original deal? Everyone said Iran would react in just this way (playing games with oil tankers) and the situation could get volatile fast... while at the same time killing the deal would weaken the moderates in Iran who might have been open to a peaceful solution.

So now the UK gets to enjoy being stuck with a problem they begged us not to create lol.

Old 07-19-2019, 07:45 PM

5,774 posts, read 5,064,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman57 View Post
Its about oil and controlling it, the historical reality between Iran the U.S. and British especially from the early 1950's on explain why and how we are here. Frankly i am wondering when instead of merely seizing them Iran starts slinging some Silkworms into a few and shuts down the Gulf. They did within a week gas here would be 8-12 bucks a gallon...and as soon as first American/British bombs start raining down on Iran America/Britain would be attacked from within by Hezbollah and Hamas and how many others. That would require martial law...and then there would be response by Russia and Red China...
Red china? How old are we exactly?

Old 07-19-2019, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
Wasn’t this the reason why the European allies didn’t want to kill the original deal? Everyone said Iran would react in just this way (playing games with oil tankers) and the situation could get volatile fast... while at the same time killing the deal would weaken the moderates in Iran who might have been open to a peaceful solution.

So now the UK gets to enjoy being stuck with a problem they begged us not to create lol.
LOL? Really?

How about :-(

Old 07-19-2019, 07:55 PM

Quote:
LOL? Really?

How about :-(
I was being sarcastic. Sorry that didn’t translate.

Old 07-19-2019, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
I was being sarcastic. Sorry that didn’t translate.
Sorry I misunderstood.

Old 07-19-2019, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Sorry I misunderstood.
No offense taken

Old 07-19-2019, 08:17 PM

39,810 posts, read 26,322,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Somali pirates on steroids.
Pretty much that-but backed up with a leadership of radical, violent Islamists. Leaders that are the world's largest state sponsor of terrorism, that have promised the genocide of the Jewish people and the destruction of this nation. Oh, and were allowed to have an extra $150 billion to develop nukes and support extremists by our nations former, failed leader. Sadly, this is one more of Obama's messes that Trump needs to deal with.

I expect the SAS will be reclaiming these ships from the camel-humpers fairly quickly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies