U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 08:18 AM

5,107 posts, read 1,401,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
It appears Iran is doing what it can to get 2017 sanctions by the US against them lifted,
Japan tried that in Dec. 1941.

Remind me, how did that work out for them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 08:25 AM

45,433 posts, read 18,014,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Trump said these recent provocations by Iran "proves me right." I recall a state of the union address in 2002 where Iran was part of an Axis of Evil. Hopefully the squad can keep him distracted long enough so real world leaders can work on it.

The president isn't aware of how slow the diplomatic process can be when you deal with world leaders who run their country for their entire lifetimes. He thinks there is a quick fix. He should have left the previous administration's band-aide on and placed his own on top of it How many American Presidents did Castro out live? The State Department should abandon the phrase regime change and quit using words like democratic reforms. In many parts of the world they equate those words with all that is wrong with America.
How silly.

Dear, it was a British tanker seized. Not an American tanker. Then again, the current British government is a failed administration.

Equally silly to suggest that the United States must bow down to the conveniences of the slow moving Iranian dictators.

Old Today, 08:42 AM

5,092 posts, read 2,234,414 times
So tell me exactly why Iran feels such a need for nuclear weapons that they are willing to go to war over it? I mean just what is the end result of that which would be a benefit?

Old Today, 08:43 AM

3,628 posts, read 1,566,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
The US should do nothing until all the EU allies pony up !!! Not our tankers !!!
only as long as Trump doesnt start a war. ONce he does, you , waldo will switch sides.

Old Today, 08:46 AM

The British just built a brand new aircraft carrier for exorbitant cost. Let them send it over there to handle business.

(never mind that it leaks )

Old Today, 08:47 AM

10,309 posts, read 4,111,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
So tell me exactly why Iran feels such a need for nuclear weapons that they are willing to go to war over it? I mean just what is the end result of that which would be a benefit?
How would you feel about a much stronger country forcing us to give up ours?

Iran isn't our child, jeff, whom we could tell, no, you can't have the sharp scissors.

They're a sovereign nation. And yes, we absolutely would prefer they were unable to aggress in a meaningful way.

But surely we have to understand they take umbrage with that.

Old Today, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Japan tried that in Dec. 1941.

Remind me, how did that work out for them?
Japan attacked our harbor, getting us in to war in the first place.

And we were developing the bomb to use on Germany.

By the time the bomb was ready to use, Germany was out.

So hey, we had these things, why not use them.

They weren't developed to be used against Japan.

That was an afterthought.

Old Today, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The British just built a brand new aircraft carrier for exorbitant cost. Let them send it over there to handle business.

(never mind that it leaks )
Do you realize how deeply we're in this?

This is as if someone had a grievance against you, so to retaliate he kidnaps your best friend's child.

Do you step back and say hey, dude, this is your fight, don't look to me for support.

Call me once this is resolved and maybe we'll go out for a beer.

Old Today, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Do you realize how deeply we're in this?.....
Why don't you tell us specifically how deep we are in it, instead of giving us a beer parable.

But it is fascinating, and to your no doubt dismay, that large segments of the British people are glad that Trump is there to deal with it, because Theresa May is totally incompetant.

Old Today, 08:55 AM

45,950 posts, read 34,111,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Member1 View Post
Iran has just seized another tanker, the second in 3 hours:

Iran Seizes Two Oil Tankers Off Its Coast - Forbes
So?

Not our job to protect privately- owned/ operated oil tankers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies