Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2019, 01:54 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
None of this is true. And the British are mad as hell at May for NOT doing anything. You might want to learn a few things before projecting your issues with Trump over world events.
Oh no they're not! They desperately want this to all go away knowing full well what's at stake. They're being taken by the Trump created current for a ride through the rapids and they're waking up to that fact.

https://www.rferl.org/a/british-seek.../30065974.html

If you've got any Brit friends I suggest you have a chat with them because mine are telling me they wish Trump would simply keep out of foreign affairs altogether with his latest abandoning a treaty authored by the U.S. and one by which Iran was complying setting that whole region on edge again for no good reason whatsoever other than Trump's infantile Anti-Obama obsession.

The Brits are getting fed up alright but it's not because of inaction on May's part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2019, 02:26 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,959,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Oh no they're not! They desperately want this to all go away knowing full well what's at stake. They're being taken by the Trump created current for a ride through the rapids and they're waking up to that fact.

https://www.rferl.org/a/british-seek.../30065974.html

If you've got any Brit friends I suggest you have a chat with them because mine are telling me they wish Trump would simply keep out of foreign affairs altogether with his latest abandoning a treaty authored by the U.S. and one by which Iran was complying setting that whole region on edge again for no good reason whatsoever other than Trump's infantile Anti-Obama obsession.

The Brits are getting fed up alright but it's not because of inaction on May's part.
The Brits better be careful are we may sanction them as well.
We have already threatened India with sanctions since they continue to buy Iranian oil.

Pretty soon, we will sanction all our allies to the other side.

When the great war starts, it will be the USA, Saudi Arabia, and Israel against the rest of the world.
We cannot lose though since Saudi Arabia and Israel have sent thousands of troops to every war we have started....... lol

Old 07-20-2019, 02:41 PM

57,269 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Your statement.
"military ships are not allowed entry into another country’s waters"
Is proved 100% wrong by that event. Of course they are allowed. All the time. Iran choose to fire on an American boat even though they had a "deal" with Obama. You were wrong. Just like you were proved 100% wrong when you said ships were not seized by Iranians when Obama was running things.

But the real issue is this. You aren't here to talk about that British ship. You are here to make up crap against Trump. And that's why you keep putting your feet in your mouth.
Boy you got me there Waldo, I guess I should have added the words “uninvited”lol. I guess I need to spell things out for you. The patrol boats were returned peacefully with the crew, it’s a good thing Bolton and Pompeo weren’t around they would have recommended an attack.

Why wouldn’t I bring up Trump, this is his foreign policy.

Old 07-20-2019, 02:47 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
Sounds like piracy
If it is ransom demands will soon follow

Old 07-20-2019, 03:00 PM

7,502 posts, read 5,751,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I would send special forces in and retrieve the ship.
Eh, The Brits lost their balls a long time ago. They will gather on Downing Street, drink tea, talk tough then
go home.

Old 07-20-2019, 03:30 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,742,791 times
Why would Iran not do that when Britain seized an Iranian oil tanker before?! Iran is only being consequent...

Old 07-20-2019, 03:46 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,742,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanonka View Post
For those who can still think by themselves without MSM guidance here are some facts:

1) Iranian oil exports were never under UN sanctions. And in 2016 all other UN sanctions were lifted up.
2) Syria is not under any UN sanctions.

Now, for those who don't understand difference between UN and unilateral sanctions:
UN sanctions are the only ones that can be (however remotely) considered as lawfully obligating for the country under sanctions. Unilateral sanctions are applicable only to the citizens and companies of countries that instituted them. For example, if country A issues unilateral sanctions against country B, it has jurisdiction only over citizens and companies of country A. It can send them to jail, confiscate their properties etc. But, if country C conducts any business with country B, then country A can do nothing. Well, lawfully, of course

So, the way things stand right now:
1) UK seizes Iranian tanker going to, as UK claims, to Syria. Since UK did not declare state of war with neither Iran or Syria, this act is qualified as piracy by international law. Why? Because there is no UN sanctions that could prevent such operation, and no unilateral sanctions can be applied in this case. Read this again, until you understand. To be clear - if tanker would have been flying any EU, or UK, or US flag, only then unilateral sanctions could have been applied. Since this was not the case, this seizing is an open act of piracy.
2) From now on, since act of piracy was conducted by a vessel flying UK flag, and UK govt openly admitted that it authorized the seizing, this makes - according to international law - any UK-flag bearing vessel a pirate vessel. I.e. every country on the planet now has a right to confiscate UK-flag bearing vessel and hang all crew members.

By the way, this applies only to vessels flying UK flag, not the vessels that are owned by UK companies. Someone in Tehran forgot about this nuance at first, so first they seized tanker owned by UK company, but flying Sweden flag. Then they corrected themselves - the did let go first tanker, but the second one is detained absolutely in accordance to international law, since it was flying UK flag.

But then why UK did it in a first place? Well, let's put aside the reason that UK was always a pirate state, and look at the economic reasons - the only ones that really spin the world.
Many did hear about shale oil. Let's put aside all the environmental damage that occurs from it's production - oil companies never cared about that. But what does matter is that to be marginally profitable, oil cost should be over $80/bar - that's the self-cost of shale oil. But as you know, for last few years crude oil prices were hovering in $50-60/bar range. Western oil companies that ventured shale oil drilling accumulated huge debt. They are on the brink of collapse, and would not survive past the end of this year - all their credit options are already exhausted by now. So, the goal of US and UK is to move crude oil prices to a $100-$120/bar. Price over that range will destroy US and UK economy, but current price will destroy US and UK oil companies. Question is, how the target price can be achieved? It is estimated that full-blown war with Iran will send prices over $300/bar. So, it's not an option. But, some short-term assault on Iran with careful destruction of its oil fields will move oil price just the right range. That's why US and UK are actively trying to create casus belli for such assault. So far it doesn't work since Iran stays within international law bounds.

I'm pretty sure we soon will see some more US/UK provocations.
Exactly. Unilateral, non-UN sanctions are merely disguised acts of warfare. What does Iran care about EU sanctions on Syria?! The EU itself is an utterly egoistic, immoral organization. Some countries like Russia and China do not at all share the West's propaganda on the oh so evil Saddad government. We should actually think Saddad and the Russians for their decisive contribution to the destruction of Isis.
All the victims of those acts of economic warfare should work together, use their own currencies, form an anti-Nato, etc.
That's why it's important that China rises as fast as possible. The world urgently needs a huge anti-Western weight.

Old 07-20-2019, 05:17 PM

4,709 posts, read 5,063,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
We have already threatened India with sanctions since they continue to buy Iranian oil.

When the great war starts, it will be the USA, Saudi Arabia, and Israel against the rest of the world.
We cannot lose though since Saudi Arabia and Israel have sent thousands of troops to every war we have started....... lol
What makes you think US sanctions make a difference?

Old 07-20-2019, 05:28 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,959,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John-UK View Post
What makes you think US sanctions make a difference?
Well, it will if we park some battle ships near your coasts and tell you, you cannot trade with not only us but with anyone in the world via threat of force, I think defensive measures would come into play. That is what we are doing to Iran.

If some thugs blocked my driveway and said I am not allowed to buy from not only them, but blocked me from trade with my neighbors, I would seriously look into getting some bombs to blow them up.

If Iran sank a US Military ship blocking trade, it would be an act of defense.
It would also make the evil warmongers shout with joy because it would allow them to open up a on them.

Nothing would make the warmongers happier than for Iran to attack one of our own, we have been here before many times and I am not going to jump on their bandwagon.

Old 07-20-2019, 05:29 PM

78,404 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post

Given the quality of you post....Mighty Mouse will certainly win any war for the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies