U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 03:58 PM

7,171 posts, read 2,536,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
All of these women were voted in by thousands and thousands of democrat voters who wanted them as their representatives.
Too many democrats and independents who lean left have no idea what the democrat party is morphing into......
Perhaps, but we already know what the Republican Party has morphed into, and the Democratic Party is the only effective alternative to that. That’s why the “walk away Movement” is a YouTube con rather than a reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 03:59 PM

40,544 posts, read 40,038,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctr88 View Post
Looking at their resumes, I'd be much more impressed if they had some major career accomplishments in life before before congress. Like for example maybe 10 yrs as a engineer, doctor, top high school teacher, entrepreneur, home builder, etc... But unfortunately like many politicians (especially on the left), they did pretty much nothing before getting elected. AOC's only real job was a bartender, Omar did "community nutrition outreach", Tlaib never had a job before politics.

Now they have $175k gov't jobs as demagogues of the left, and if they don't get re-elected they will get book deals and become CNN hosts. So more liberal politicians that go into politics flat broke and come out rich.

I would just like someone who has shown they can succeed and be good at something difficult in the private sector, before becoming the great liberal minds that want to re-shape American economics and society.
I was flipping around the radio one day and someone was talking about the reasons why people get into politics now. He was basically saying that it's used as a stepping stone to get into other jobs.

The guy spent about 10- 15 minutes laying it all out and I can't remember all of the details but it was really compelling in how he was saying how people basically don't give a crap about actually doing anything to fix actual problems. They go on to get these high paying gigs in lobbying and a whole slew of other jobs where they can sit on boards of this organization or that organization and make high mid 6 figure incomes with cushy committee type jobs. Again, this guy listed it all out much better than I did.

I never realized just how gullible I have been my whole life. I assumed that people that went into public service were trying to do the right thing and help people, etc etc.

Jesus, was I wrong.

Old Yesterday, 04:16 PM

1,079 posts, read 203,573 times
These young people who has grown up with the internet, has a MUCH better ability to understand what is BS and what is true... both domestic and abroad.

And they know how the Republicans and Wall Street Democrats are full of BS, and bought by the highest bidder, and are not doing nothing to fix the problems their generation is faced with!

Should they either sit back for 30 years while they build a career then run for office... or react and decide to do something NOW!

Old Yesterday, 04:49 PM

26,901 posts, read 9,131,608 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman83 View Post
These young people who has grown up with the internet, has a MUCH better ability to understand what is BS and what is true... both domestic and abroad.
I'm calling BS on that !!! Back it up with something factual !!!

Quote:
And they know how the Republicans and Wall Street Democrats are full of BS, and bought by the highest bidder, and are not doing nothing to fix the problems their generation is faced with!
That's been known for about a hundred years !!! They didn't discover it originally !!!

Quote:
Should they either sit back for 30 years while they build a career then run for office... or react and decide to do something NOW!
So far they have no experience producing anything of value !!!

A full diaper and about it is how they react currently !!! Promising to be a nightmare to someone is that what you think people want ? Who in the world ran on that election issue and why wasn't it reported on ? Well it is one now and we will see how they do in the next election !!!
Omar is probably safe in her district where terrorist are molded with the same hate she has for the US !!! So maybe that works for her !!!

Old Today, 05:09 AM

3,910 posts, read 997,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Wouldn't the intelligent thing be to go to the websites? That is where actual policy can be found

https://ocasio-cortez.house.gov/medi...r-sworn-office

https://tlaib.house.gov/

https://omar.house.gov/

https://pressley.house.gov/

Opinion:

If you took the time to digest what you read " What is your opinion ? "
you would not have answered a question with a question.

Old Today, 05:32 AM

3,910 posts, read 997,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
The 4 women Trump obscenely targeted and relentlessly assaulted are U.S. citizens and duly elected congresswomen representing neighborhoods in New York, Minnesota, Massachusetts and Michigan.

Trump the President of the United States of America wants us to be afraid of 4 freshmen progressive voices in the diverse Party of Democrats because he hates The Bill of Rights that enables discourse and dialogue and criticism of our government. .

Opinion:

Obscenely Targeted and relentlessly assaulted?
In Comparison to who? Our President of Course.
Anyone who spews hatred of America and its people are to be considered enemies of the people.
They are fortunate they live in a country where freedom of speech allows them to spew their vitriol.

4 Progressive Voices?

In my life , not since the Vietnam war have I witnessed a protest against our government because of a war.
In my life, this is the first time I have witnessed an attack on our nation and its people espoused by four
politicians that happen to be young women of color which makes things sadder. They show no respect for
the beloved Shirley Chisolm and what she truly stood for. One of the greatest women of my lifetime.
If these 4 women could accomplish one iota of her life's accomplishments they would climb to greatness.

Old Today, 06:06 AM

I remember trump spending 2008 to 2016 complaining and complaining and complaining how terrible the USA was and spearheading the movement to prove that a US born child of an American woman was unfit for office... Because he was black.

Old Today, 06:09 AM

6,394 posts, read 5,470,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman83 View Post
I remember trump spending 2008 to 2016 complaining and complaining and complaining how terrible the USA was and spearheading the movement to prove that a US born child of an American woman was unfit for office... Because he was black.
Being black wasn't a huge reason Obama was elected?

Old Today, 06:20 AM

19,242 posts, read 12,256,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
The Resistance.
That sounds so bold, brave, and virtuous, borrowing from the title of those who have combated totalitarianism.

The problem is that liberals ARE totalitarians, such that your “resistance” is low IQ Brownshirt thugs following orders from oligarchs who are manipulating the ignorant.

Old Today, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Being black wasn't a huge reason Obama was elected?

He certainly got the black votes... being black and treated like s**t for 350 years does that to the downtrodden.

However I remember him speaking 1-2 years before the election in 2008... and thought to myself, He is going places!

The progressive left is certainly not happy with his time in office... but he was certainly a huge step up from WarCriminal Bush jr and trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or