Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2019, 12:54 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Wow. Racism and sexism. You should be proud.
Did you read the article? If so, could you explain to we clueless cat ladies why it is relevant to the discussion at hand?

Thank you.

Old 07-21-2019, 12:58 PM

2,448 posts, read 893,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I grew up in southern california. I am very familiar with the sight of immigrant laborers doing stoop labor in fields when it is 100 degrees outside, while I was comfortably riding in a car.

I've done physical labor - worked in machine shops, mopped floors, cleaned restrooms, worked in nursing homes. I have never worked as hard as those people in the fields. My parents did, and sacrificed much so that I would never have to. Just as many of the people in those fields are doing.

It's a simple fact - field work is extremely hard work, and few people, other than immigrants, are willing to do it at the wages offered. Farmers themselves say this. Are you willing to do it?

And again, avoiding these jobs doesn't mean that a person is lazy. It means they think they can find a job with better pay and more of a future if they keep looking.
I live in the rural Midwest, among farmers. Farmers employ illegal immigrants because they can ignore laws and regulations, pay them less and avoid having to provide health insurance. They know they can exploit them and they do, and, again, I marvel at fellow Democrats who treat this like it's okay because, after all, our people refuse to do these jobs.

You can perform whatever mental contortions you wish, the gist of the point that liberals make is that our native-born working poor refuse to do these jobs because they won't work as hard as illegal immigrants. They're unaccustomed to someone like me calling them on it, so it's unsurprising that they attempt to spin it after the fact in such a way that they try to avoid the implications of the mantras they repeat about this issue.

Old 07-21-2019, 01:05 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,129,622 times
Quote:
Did you read the article? If so, could you explain to we clueless cat ladies why it is relevant to the discussion at hand?

Thank you.
You missed this?

Quote:
If they are white and have a Y chromosome their sense of superiority doubles
Ditto What I said previously

Old 07-21-2019, 01:06 PM

2,448 posts, read 893,685 times
Quote:

Thank you.
Since you won't drop this and are not in on the joke, I'll just explain it: the person in the article exemplifies what I touched upon above. The author of that "article" is emblematic of the sort of people to whom the Democratic Party caters, certainly in 2016 with Hillary's campaign: middle and upper-middle class white women who live very privileged lives and whose idea of travails and challenges are radically different from working people. Entitled, self-obsessed, whiny people who are divorced from the realities of most people in flyover country. You could read to me the introduction to that atrocious piece of writing and I could create a rather long and almost entirely accurate profile of her and of people like her based solely on that snippet. People like her and, dare I say, some people in this thread, should be wondering aloud, "How is he able to divine so many accurate details about me/us from little bits of information," but, alas, that calls on a semblance of self-awareness that is usually absent with such folks.

Old 07-21-2019, 01:06 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,442,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Based on sheer numbers then the US would be better off with less whites and more Asian Americans. Right? They are more productive after all.
How do you define success?

Old 07-21-2019, 01:15 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,442,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
The hardest working people I ever met were all immigrants and the laziest people I ever met were born in this country who take their freedoms for granted and don't contribute, complain all the time and tend to be racist too. They feel they are entitled because they were born in this country.
I don’t doubt that many immigrants work hard, but that is not what she appears to be addressing. She seems to be talking about cultural customs such as cleanliness, trash, orderliness, public presence etc. She is right on that front for SOME cultures but NOT all. Look at any of the major cities in central and South America and the streets are covered with trash. Houses are made without code enforcement and public transportation is often done without any real organization. This is not what you see in countries with more advanced cultures.

Old 07-21-2019, 01:18 PM

19,757 posts, read 22,661,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
The truth hurts sometimes. I’m all for people of any color or ethnicity as long as they are productive, law abiding citizens and appreciate the freedoms afforded to them here. The facts are though some groups don’t contribute much at all and others blatantly try to destroy the foundation this country was built on.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/u-pe...220301733.html
Aww. Wittle whitey has an inferiority complex, lol.

PS- a great deal of ‘the foundation’ this great nation was built upon was slavery and the iradication of native peoples.

Truth hurts, and so does history.

Old 07-21-2019, 01:22 PM

203 posts, read 121,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Also along with this cultural appropriation, one race cannot wear certain hairstyles, schools cannot have Taco Tuesday, etc. This is ridiculous.

Instead of celebrating various cultures, now some people are insulted.
How is Taco Tuesday offensive? Quite a few Austin restaurants -- many owned and run by people of Hispanic descent -- advertise and have Taco Tuesdays. Lots of people love tacos, which are a tasty treat. How on earth is this considered to be offensive or racist?

Old 07-21-2019, 01:28 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,406,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
The hardest working people I ever met were all immigrants and the laziest people I ever met were born in this country who take their freedoms for granted and don't contribute, complain all the time and tend to be racist too. They feel they are entitled because they were born in this country.
I agree that generally speaking, immigrants tend to be harder workers, as they feel they need to prove something (generally, not all the time. There are definitely immigrants who exploit the country and who aren't productive). However, I disagree with the second half of your comment, where you say people born in this country "tend to be racist too". Pretty much every single race in every single country on this PLANET is racist in some way. Mexicans are racist to other Latin American countries, and vice versa. There's probably no single region that is more racist than eastern Asia. Yes, even you liberals who like to tout your liberal policies, yet live in neighborhoods that are 99% White/Asian. Racism is a human trait, stop trying to only apply it to certain races and countries.

And btw, people who were born in this country ARE entitled to their rights. Illegally immigrating/invading the country does not at all make you equal in terms of rights to people who were born here. I definitely think this country should help its already poor native population before it helps anyone else, period.

Old 07-21-2019, 01:36 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
We all need each other but we have to do a better job of looking out for each other as Americans. What none of us need is another 100 million ignorant, Spanish speaking peasants from south of the border.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies