Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2019, 08:09 AM

12,966 posts, read 9,645,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Hypocritical Trump lovers won't ever do that. Trump himself hired illegals after all, and many red state industries like farms run off of illegal seasonal labor
I agree, I live in a red state in the deep south, and farmers in this area have mostly illegals working for them. Also some construction companies, roofing companies, and landscaping companies, and nobody blinks an eye around here. And these are Trump supporters who hire these people, and yet they cry the most about illegals. It's like they want to have it both ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2019, 08:11 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No such thing as a person who hires illegal aliens but then complains about them being here. That makes no sense at all. Typical liberal spin.
I actually agree with you, OG.

I doubt any farmers who rely on illegals to pick their crops are out anywhere complaining about illegals unless it's about illegals who are breaking the law in some OTHER way (robbery, rape, murder, etc). Like, gangs and the like.

But, hard workers they can get for a low wage? Nah... they're not complaining about them.

Old 07-22-2019, 08:12 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,315,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No such thing as a person who hires illegal aliens but then complains about them being here. That makes no sense at all. Typical liberal spin.
Denial... It ain't just a river in Egypt

Red States love their illegal labor as much as they do hating on illegals

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...arely-enforced

Old 07-22-2019, 08:13 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
I agree, I live in a red state in the deep south, and farmers in this area have mostly illegals working for them. Also some construction companies, roofing companies, and landscaping companies, and nobody blinks an eye around here. And these are Trump supporters who hire these people, and yet they cry the most about illegals. It's like they want to have it both ways.
I wonder if they were educated on the procedure to file paperwork to get those workers here legally, would this all make them feel better?

Old 07-22-2019, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivers View Post
Not willing but I do. I also boycott idiot company's who are anti American like Nike.
Nike is global powerhouse, I'm sure they miss you.

Old 07-22-2019, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I wonder if they were educated on the procedure to file paperwork to get those workers here legally, would this all make them feel better?
Only thing that matters to these guys is the cheap labor. They know nobody around here is going to question them, they probably all belong to the same country clubs. You will be hard pressed to find Americans of any race willing or can take the blazing hot sun and humidity down here right now, and it's not even August yet.

Old 07-22-2019, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Nike is global powerhouse, I'm sure they miss you.
Nike and Starbucks have done awesome in the stock market in spite of the right wing outrage.

The kapernick thing actually boosted Nike quite a bit

https://www.vox.com/2018/9/24/178957...cott-6-billion

Old 07-22-2019, 08:21 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
You avoid businesses unless they a confirmed users of e-verify.
Thank you!

Old 07-22-2019, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Only thing that matters to these guys is the cheap labor. They know nobody around here is going to question them, they probably all belong to the same country clubs. You will be hard pressed to find Americans of any race willing or can take the blazing hot sun and humidity down here right now, and it's not even August yet.
Yet these right wing hypocrites won't call on Congress to fix the system. They prefer to demonize the labor they are benefiting from

Old 07-22-2019, 08:22 AM

4,505 posts, read 1,860,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Oh come off it. The guy is white and probably a republican as its a very repulcian town,

Plus. Do you GOPers have no conviction. No salyt. You will complain on te internet about illegal immigration. You will go to a Trump rally. But you will not have the guts to follow through on your convictions? Trump would call you weak.
I think it’s funny that some liberal is goading me on to engage in behavior that many would consider racist.

Even if I did want to put myself at unnecessary risk, why would the contractor tell me the truth? He would obviously know where the conversation was headed at that point.

I also think it’s funny that you are so racist to assume that contractors are all white men, enslaving herds of illegals. There are MANY non-white company owners, managers, and foremen, you liberal bigot.

You fools made everything racist. Actions have consequences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies