Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2019, 06:02 PM

62,939 posts, read 29,134,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
That is because you view the world through racial lenses, as is evidenced by your response.

I even spelled it out for you, and you still missed it. Diversity is not just where you are from, but it's your thoughts, your values, your ideas, your traditions. So origin will influence all of those things, but I agree, nobody "should" care where you are from.

The reason diversity makes us great is because without diversity, by definition we'd all be the same. The world needs diversity. We need leaders and followers. We need Libs and Cons. We need college educated C-level people, and we need trade-skilled workers. You seem to think this is all a lie, and that everyone can be the same? I respectfully disagree.

Without diversity, the answer to "can you do the job" will be no for a majority of jobs. The person who makes a great engineer may not make a great manager, and often does not know how to run the process he designs. Diversity is what makes us great. Diversity is NOT about where you came from.

And Trump does not support that. If he did, he'd welcome all capable and law abiding people who come here, and would ALLOW them to go through the legal process. And he certainly would not tell those who have, or those where born here in the first place to leave because he doesn't like their ethnicity or he doesn't like their diverse opinion. (and before you rant about all the illegals, don't. I don't advocate for illegals, but Trump's plan is to not allow them a legal way to immigrate. In order to reject people on the base of illegal entry, you have to give law abiding people a legal option to follow the process. He is not giving them one. At least not the ones on the southern border.
It's the Democrats that view everything through racial lenses. Diversity isn't always a good thing especially when their thoughts and intentions are evil. Well, if we were all the same we would all get along, wouldn't we? I'm not for that but you act like that's a bad thing. I'd choose harmony over conflict any day of the week.

Since when doesn't Trump allow legal immigrants who would benefit our society? So since when doesn't he "allow" them in here? He opposed illegal immigration are you confused. Trump doesn't like views/opinions that are not in the best interests of our country and neither do I. Their ethnicity has nothing to do with it. We don't need these millions of illegals here nor the hundreds of thousands that want to come here and those making bogus asylum claims they would be burden to our society not a benefit so why should Trump allow them into our country? We have annual quotas for legal immigration for good reasons. You lefty, liberals think we should allow the whole world to come here.

By the way, are you not aware that Mexicans and other Latinos already enjoy the highest quotas for legal immigration into our country already by far? So you were saying?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2019, 06:03 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Another way that Trump leads the pack, in how he has insulted women. I can't think of any other president coming even close.

‘Horseface,’ ‘Lowlife,’ ‘Fat, Ugly’:
How the President Demeans Women
President Trump has a history of attacking women by mocking their bodily functions, demeaning their looks or comparing them to animals.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/16/us/politics/trump-women-insults.html
Sticks and stones and so forth......

Old 07-22-2019, 06:16 PM

62,939 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
This "strategy" if you want to call it that has been around for a hundred years. Unite the base with hate speech; then mobilize them with fear - honestly it doesn't matter whether it is women, Jews, migrants, Mexicans, Muslims, the tactic is the same. It works for Trump with our current populace just like it did in Europe in the early twentieth century.
More spin and lies by you lefty, liberals of course. He's only made deragatory remarks about radical women not women in general, he only opposes Mexicans here illegally, he only opposes radical Muslims, etc. You guys can't tell the truth no matter what, can you?

Old 07-22-2019, 06:20 PM

34,230 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
More spin and lies by you lefty, liberals of course. He's only made deragatory remarks about radical women not women in general, he only opposes Mexicans here illegally, he only opposes radical Muslims, etc. You guys can't tell the truth no matter what, can you?
They have to lie. The Media lies, and they repeat the anti Trump crap. They don't have an original thought in their heads. How long did they preach Russia, Russia, Russia due to the MEDIA? Now it is Trump is mean, and racist. Oh no. The horrors. They are idiots.

Old 07-22-2019, 06:54 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,301,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
So not caring what race someone is, only caring about what they can do is viewing the world through a racial lens? I'm advocating for IGNORING race and giving opportunity with no racial bias! You're the racist one, elevating it beyond all else!

That's not the type of diversity the Progressives are pushing. I agree with all of that.

Nothing wrong with people that are different and from different backgrounds.

Again, not what the Progressives are pushing.

We already have an immigration system that allows people to come here LEGALLY. Trump fully supports that. The Media and Democrats lie and say he doesn't. Trump is against ILLEGAL ALIENS that we don't know anything about. 14 of the 22 MS-13 machete murderers recently are here ILLEGALLY.
Too tired to go point for point. I'll just say this:

I say you are viewing through a racial lense BECAUSE you view diversity as only racial (according to your earlier post) even though I pointed out the meaining in my use of the word.

Middle stuff: Blah blah blah

Trump does not support legal immigration. He is trying to stop people before they can apply. That's not how it currently works. I get that he's trying to change the law (the right answer if you think it's wrong), but until that happens, he needs to follow the current law. (I don't agree that the law should be changed, but I do understand that he thinks so, and is trying to go about it.)

Anyway, that's all I got for now. Oh, and I don't know or care what "progressives are pushing". I put right in my post what I AM PUSHING. Nobody has to buy it, but please don't misquote or misinterpret me when I put my meaning right out there from the get-go.

Old 07-22-2019, 06:58 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
'Priorities' used to be truth, dignity and morality. Now its money any way you can get it.
The left has found the lord. Can I get a hallelujah?

Old 07-22-2019, 07:04 PM

33,321 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No other women in congress have attacked him like they have.
That's irrelevant.

We're not talking about a playground.

We're not talking about 'well, Johnny pushed me so I have to push back so I don't get picked on' .

We're talking about the world stage.

No Congresswoman outside 'The Squad' is the President.

None of the four 'members' of 'The Squad' is the President.

Trump is the President.

If you don't expect at least slightly elevated behavior from the President than from other politicians, then I feel sorry for you.

Quote:
Most white women in congress are quite removed from their ancestral roots by several generations such as Pelosi whereby these hateful women aren't.
Again, irrelevant.

Three of these four women are United States citizens who were born in the United States, just like Pelosi, just like me, and just like you (if you were born in the United States).

Quote:
WTH does their color have to do with anything anyway?
That you would even ask the question above ^^^^^ demonstrates that you are utterly ignorant re the 'going back' trope. You might want to do a search for 'going back trope' and educate yourself by reading some of the results.

Quote:
He also said come back and show us how you fixed your ancestor's countries.
No, he didn't.

He didn't use any form of the word ancestors in those original 7/14/19 Tweets.

He told them to 'go back'.

He told, among others, a black woman who is a United States citizen and was born in the United States to 'go back'.

He said it. It doesn't matter what he said after that, as that doesn't mitigate nor change the fact that he still told a black woman who is a United States citizen born in the United States to 'go back'.

Quote:
Why do liberals always leave that part out?
1. I'm not a liberal, and disagreeing with you about this doesn't make me one.

2. It doesn't matter if 'come back' is left out or not. It is irrelevant. It is irrelevant because the criticism isn't over an attempt to banish them from the country, the criticism is of the Tweet being a racist statement because he told a black woman who is a United States citizen born in this country, like he was....who was elected, like he was...to 'go back'.

Quote:
You guys see a racist behind every bush especially when it comes to our president and his supporters. Cause that's what you do!
Everything isn't 'Us vs. Them'.

Everyone who disagrees with you on this thread isn't a Democrat, nor a liberal, nor a leftist.

Some of us are neither Ds nor Rs, and look at each issue as it comes.

Disagreeing with someone or some thing and being able to explain why you do so demonstrates critical thinking skills.

Some of the people on this thread are either devoid of critical thinking skills, or they have them and are choosing not to use them because they have decided that supporting Trump is an all or nothing thing and have twisted themselves like pretzels to try to deny that Trump's initial tweets on 7/14/19 = a racist statement.

Old 07-22-2019, 07:56 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 20 hours ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,599,037 times
Quote:
Trump is a COUNTER puncher. He fights back. Bush wasn't and they walked all over him in many ways. Democrats don't like someone who fights back. They have the MEDIA to cover for them, and promote their propaganda. `
He's simply a PUNCHER. HE is the one who started verbal abuse against others. What did his targets do to him before his punch? Nothing. They were just being themselves. Megyn Kelly, NYT reporter, McCain, the Miss America, the "s***hole countries", Ted Cruz's wife.

And even if they did step on his toes, Trump's response was far disproportionate to any offense they commit. A wise and respected fighter uses only reasonable and proportionate force. So even assuming Trump's simply "fighting back", it's akin to committing aggravated batter with a pipe wrench against a teenager shoplifting a candy bar.

Old 07-22-2019, 08:03 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,268,641 times
Quote:
Yet the economy is doing great. The stock markets and housing market is doing great. Unemployment is at historic lows. Energy prices are low. And you're worried about names Trump uses? Wow, great priorities.
We already had all those things under Obama. The difference is that Trump is an A-Hole.

Old 07-22-2019, 08:20 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,186,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
And yet, in the Bible they told the rich guy, yea but your soul will be required by nightfall. In the end can’t take any of it with you. Zero. I remind those that all they care about is their bank accounts
tell that to all the money grubbing liberal elitists around the USA living in their unaffordable blue cities in their high end condos and lily white sub divisions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies