Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2019, 12:05 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
It's a way of bragging and not having to back it up.
Such a bloviating idiot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2019, 12:15 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,066,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
you don't think the joint chiefs have not looked at every scenario...…………..which would include the unimaginable nuclear option?
What difference would it make if they had? Trump continuously shoots from the hip without consulting the Joint Chiefs of Staff, as we have seen again and again. Remember when he announce via tweet that the U.S. would be withdrawing from Syria, without even bothering to tell them?

Trump listens to no one, because he truly believes he's smarter than everyone around him. Like most big-mouthed fools believe.

Old 07-23-2019, 12:54 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,012,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
From the source you linked:

"As a field grade military police officer, I never heard of any war crimes committed by our forces during my two tours of duty in Vietnam."

Do you believe this person? These are the same people who told us battle after battle, how they had killed thousands of the enemy and only lost a handful of our own. I'm sure the Viet Cong did much worse than we did, but to deny that US forces committed any war crimes just strains credulity:

"The Vietnam War Crimes Working Group Files is a collection of (formerly secret) documents compiled by Pentagon investigators in the early 1970s, confirming that atrocities by U.S. forces during the Vietnam War were more extensive than had been officially acknowledged.[74][75] The documents are housed by the United States National Archives and Records Administration, and detail 320 alleged incidents that were substantiated by United States Army investigators (not including the 1968 My Lai Massacre)"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...es#Vietnam_War

If it was John Kerry's word in 1971 against this guy's, who had more motive to lie?
well...…. heres someone else who lied...…………

WinterSoldier.com - Yesterday's Lies: Steve Pitkin and the Winter Soldiers

Old 07-23-2019, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
If anything, Kerry didn’t tell ENOUGH stories about what he saw. We committed so many war crimes in Vietnam that their aren’t enough trees to make paper to print the accounts. In fact, the whole war was a crime against humanity.

That’s not me implicating you or anyone else in crimes, but crimes against the Vietnamese people were rampant, wanton and brutal.

The whole war in Vietnam was a crime against the humanity of the Vietnamese people. If anything, Kerry held back dozens of stories.

If Kerry wanted to tell the military authorities about what crimes he saw being committed, he’d hardly ever had time to do anything else. You know damn well that snitching doesn’t go over well in the military anymore than it does on the streets. You don’t rat out your colleagues except in extreme cases, and crimes against the Vietnamese people were so normal that he would’ve looked like a fool if he’d reported it all.

Get real man.
so how many months did you serve with Kerry?

Old 07-23-2019, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Nope. I’m pretty sure that the JCS have never told Trump that nuking Afghanistan was a winning option...because it isn’t. If we obliterated Afghanistan, we still wouldn’t win.

That’s the problem, no one can tell us what victory looks like. Not even the Joint Chiefs. But they damn sure aren’t gonna describe victory as killing millions of people. They aren’t that stupid.

And even if the JCS told the president something stupid like that, why in the hell would you blurt it out? It’s a very stupid thing to say. Killing millions of people should NEVER be seen or even considered as a military option. I don’t want the damn world thinking that we’re a bunch of bloodthirsty American animals.
of course its a stupid thing to voice in public. I simply said that I am sure that a nuclear option is almost always mentioned or at least there are casualty figures for the event of it being used.

Old 07-23-2019, 01:23 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,687,088 times
Trump's enemies, in his mine, are four women of color who he has incited his trumpsters to commit violent acts against.

Trump is a coward who targets innocent people with the power of the White House. He didn't like the act that portrayed his presidency of one comedian and had her put on the no-fly list.

Trump is not a man. Trump is a little wimpy child who never grew up and at best is nothing more than a barroom bully.

Old 07-23-2019, 01:28 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,734,844 times
He's not only a warmonger, he's a lunatic.

Old 07-23-2019, 01:33 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,803,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
Trump's enemies, in his mine, are four women of color who he has incited his trumpsters to commit violent acts against.

Trump is a coward who targets innocent people with the power of the White House. He didn't like the act that portrayed his presidency of one comedian and had her put on the no-fly list.

Trump is not a man. Trump is a little wimpy child who never grew up and at best is nothing more than a barroom bully.
What's worse is that 40% of Americans believe he's a man of God who cannot do anything wrong whatsoever. They believe everything negative they may hear about him is some part of a liberal conspiracy to overthrow their dear leader.

Old 07-23-2019, 02:01 PM

30,996 posts, read 22,039,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
What difference would it make if they had? Trump continuously shoots from the hip without consulting the Joint Chiefs of Staff, as we have seen again and again. Remember when he announce via tweet that the U.S. would be withdrawing from Syria, without even bothering to tell them?

Trump listens to no one, because he truly believes he's smarter than everyone around him. Like most big-mouthed fools believe.
And he's still better than the Fool that destroyed Libya and tried to do the same in Syria. Between the Apology tour and his secret meetings with the Nation of Islam and the Islamic Brotherhood, you would have thought he would have been nicer to Muslim countries, but instead he destroys them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQhEtXcFyYw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkb3y6K3waU

Old 07-23-2019, 02:01 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
So all on you the left that claimed that Trump was a loose canon that would start World War III was total ‘BS’

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...an-war-1425692
He's sure got Afghanistan a little freaked out after this idiotic statement. Of course he wouldn't do that. I guess not doing so makes him a hero, eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies