U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Should 'trannies' be legally obligated to inform sexual partners of their change?
Yes 77 55.00%
No 63 45.00%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 07:47 PM

13,169 posts, read 4,503,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
But the question is: Do you believe they should be LEGALLY required to tell their partners? And when you say they should tell them or possibly risk serious injury, are you saying that they deserve to be injured if they aren't up front about it?

I'm really amazed by the responses to this topic. To me, it's more evidence of the hatred people have for alternative types of sexuality, and really, sexuality in general.
Legally no, and besides how could you prove that they didn't tell their partner anyway? his word against theirs. By no means do I endorse harm to anyone. The point that I'm trying to make is that there are some people who actually "get off" on taking that chance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2009, 09:29 PM

47,288 posts, read 37,282,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBee View Post
Veltz, who would require them to tell?

I think a decent person would tell their partner...just as a decent person would tell their partner if they had HIV or an STD (not to equate being transgendered with an STD) but not all people do.
I don't know if the OP meant legally or just morally. Legally, of course not, but morally, that is a pretty big life change and I think one should feel an obligation to let his/her partner know about their background.

Nita

Old 10-31-2009, 09:32 PM

19,404 posts, read 10,219,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
The difference is that a "con-artist" is usually someone who steals from someone. Lying about being a transsexual doesn't involve stealing property and should not be a crime.

It appears that a lot of people would like it to be illegal simply to protect their own pride if it ever happened to them. It's something a nanny state would do. It shouldn't be the government responsbility to protect people from having their feelings hurt.
Ah but the theft of anothers trust although not a crime is real none the less and done for simular reasons. Personal gain. In this case a transgender wanted a certain kind of relationship and used deceit to get it.
Personally I think the lying game happens all the time. Heterosexuals do it all the time. Its a shame that personal honor has lost its place in society.
I'll go out on a limb here and say this. If you fall for someone transgender or natural it really should not be a beat down issue. But then I am old fashioned and would like to know someone pretty well before exchanging body fluids.

Old 10-31-2009, 09:39 PM

19,220 posts, read 5,891,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Ah but the theft of anothers trust although not a crime is real none the less and done for simular reasons. Personal gain. In this case a transgender wanted a certain kind of relationship and used deceit to get it.
Personally I think the lying game happens all the time. Heterosexuals do it all the time. Its a shame that personal honor has lost its place in society.
I'll go out on a limb here and say this. If you fall for someone transgender or natural it really should not be a beat down issue. But then I am old fashioned and would like to know someone pretty well before exchanging body fluids.
You'd have to show specific damage in court.

I don't think "trust" would be specific enough.

Old 10-31-2009, 09:46 PM

19,404 posts, read 10,219,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
You'd have to show specific damage in court.

I don't think "trust" would be specific enough.
Of course it wouldn't as I said although not a crime. It hurts none the less. Which depending on the individual will result in different reactions.
As I said earlier. No their should be no laws to force disclosure. If we pass that law we better pass disclosure laws for marrital status, previous mental health issues, criminal records etc. The list would be endless and how could any of it be proven?
Better to just work on society accepting that transgenders are no less human than anyone else and deserve an equal measure of happiness.

Old 10-31-2009, 09:59 PM

19,220 posts, read 5,891,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Of course it wouldn't as I said although not a crime. It hurts none the less. Which depending on the individual will result in different reactions.
As I said earlier. No their should be no laws to force disclosure. If we pass that law we better pass disclosure laws for marrital status, previous mental health issues, criminal records etc. The list would be endless and how could any of it be proven?
Better to just work on society accepting that transgenders are no less human than anyone else and deserve an equal measure of happiness.
How would "society" ever know?

Old 11-02-2009, 09:23 AM

7,360 posts, read 6,516,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I don't know if the OP meant legally or just morally. Legally, of course not, but morally, that is a pretty big life change and I think one should feel an obligation to let his/her partner know about their background.

Nita
i think the word "required" in the poll question implies legally.

i agree with you, as i said before - morally, yes they should. but there shouldn't be a law about it.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:59 AM

7,583 posts, read 4,257,329 times
To the OP: WHAT????

Are we talking about a Sexual Contact and Mating Permission Board (SCAMP)?

So whenever you and someone you are with are considering some sexual activity you both trot down to your local SCAMP board, fill out your questionnaire, go through a battery of tests, sign a government-approved list of disclosures and acknowledgements, and then, if permission is granted, you get to go ahead and do it?

Boy, what a great idea!

Old 11-02-2009, 10:10 AM

13,302 posts, read 6,015,461 times
Haven't read the whole thread, and I'm sure someone has brought this up already but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veltz View Post
Should 'trans-sexuals' MOD CUT be required to tell their partners of their change?
No.

Quote:
Would you feel comfortable finding that a sexual partner is actually a member of the same sex as you?
no.

Quote:
Would you be progressive and embrace such diversity?
I hope so. But who really knows until it happens.

Quote:
In my opinion, they should be required to.
Why?

Quote:
Just like I believe that those with sexually transmitted diseases should be required to inform their partner or face legal consequences.
Not remotely the same thing

You really think that the government should start making laws about dating? Really?

Old 11-02-2009, 10:29 AM

2,617 posts, read 1,675,571 times
Of course they shoudn't be required by law. Most transsexuals will tell their partner before they get to the stage of having sex anyway, and most men in a relationship with a transperson actively seek them out beforehand. Now there are post ops who desire 'straight' men, but straight men who would openly date a trans person are few and far between, so these girls tend to either remain single or meet men 'on the scene'. Straight men being tricked are few and far between.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies