Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should 'trannies' be legally obligated to inform sexual partners of their change?
Yes 78 55.32%
No 63 44.68%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 02:01 PM

89 posts, read 66,841 times

Advertisements

Should 'trans-sexuals' MOD CUT be required to tell their partners of their change?

Would you feel comfortable finding that a sexual partner is actually a member of the same sex as you? Would you be progressive and embrace such diversity?

In my opinion, they should be required to. Just like I believe that those with sexually transmitted diseases should be required to inform their partner or face legal consequences.

Last edited by NewToCA; 04-15-2008 at 03:51 PM.. Reason: pointless additional comment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2008, 02:03 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,215,585 times
You're wrong about every human being born male or female. You're proven wrong with this definition:

Hermaphrodite:
noun
1. one having both male and female sexual characteristics and organs; at birth an unambiguous assignment of male or female cannot be made

You can also be born with neither male nor female reproductive parts. Not common, but I knew someone like that.

Old 04-15-2008, 02:06 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,114,101 times
Veltz, who would require them to tell?

I think a decent person would tell their partner...just as a decent person would tell their partner if they had HIV or an STD (not to equate being transgendered with an STD) but not all people do.

Old 04-15-2008, 02:16 PM

27 posts, read 49,957 times
Required? no

Not unless you want to provide an in depth "required" list of everyone's you've slept with, who they are, what baggage you carry around with you, what secrets you have, etc.

Besides if you aren't sleeping with a woman of a trans past you shouldn't be concerned.

Old 04-15-2008, 02:56 PM

20,326 posts, read 19,909,198 times
Required? Absolutely. We're not talking about one's favorite color or ice cream flavor here.

We're talking about a procedure that makes someone the polar opposite of how they were born. A procedure that requires a extensive psychological testing and analysis. That's a little more than scar removal or breast implants.

That would be the ultimate in bait 'n switch.

Old 04-15-2008, 02:57 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,215,585 times
If you couldn't tell the woman used to be a man, what's the difference? That wouldn't make you gay!

Old 04-15-2008, 03:05 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,114,101 times
I have a hard time believing that the "area" still looks the same...but I'm sure a woman turned to a man would have a much more difficult time concealing this.

But the OP isn't about if the person should or shouldn't tell...it's if they should be legally required to tell. IMHO, decency requires that the person disclose this but there is not a legal basis for requiring this.

Old 04-15-2008, 03:12 PM

27 posts, read 49,957 times
The area as it were looks normal in a mtf, but from what I've been told the ftm does look semi "different" but I have no first hand knowledge of that.

Old 04-15-2008, 03:35 PM

408 posts, read 695,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston View Post
The area as it were looks normal in a mtf, but from what I've been told the ftm does look semi "different" but I have no first hand knowledge of that.
I have seen a mtf genitalia and it looks exactly the same, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Now as far as ftm, that I have not seen, only pictures in a Human Sexuality textbook, and there were some where you could not tell, and some that you would know right away. But why would it matter? You wouldn't be able to have children, but it's not like you are sleeping with someone of the same sex. Would it really matter that much?

Old 04-15-2008, 03:46 PM

4,147 posts, read 7,999,782 times
If you sleep around it might be your fault you slept with a transexual and did not know. Personally i think you should tell especially in a committed relationship. If you can lie about your past what else can you lie about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies