Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2019, 03:28 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,260,493 times

Advertisements

It’s about immigration
England is in a position to exit eu
And then do an avalanche of deportations they got a channel
We need a wall then we can too

Old 07-28-2019, 03:28 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,518,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
oh OK.l
Hahahaha. A link to the NY Times and the Independent, simply means you can create links. Johnson has clearly said that May's deal is dead. I suggest you try to learn a bit more about it than what you can find in the now discredited NYT. Top tip for you: Google search results are not in order of reality.

And yeah, I get that you are embarrassed for saying that about Ireland.

Old 07-28-2019, 03:35 PM

27,044 posts, read 13,295,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
The idea that Boris Johnson is going to outwit Putin and Trump is rather humorous.
Of course Boris, whose father is an Economist at the World Bank and European Commision, who won a scholarship to Eton and read Classics (Greek and Latin) at Oxford and who is a fluent speaker of French and Italian, and has a good grasp of German and Spanish isn't bright enough to deal with other world leaders. Johnson's three siblings also attended Oxford and have very good careers.

If you think Boris Johnson is some halfwit then I suggest you think again, because underneath all the friendly banter he is a ruthless politician, who was twice elected Mayor of London, a traditionally liberal city, and has gone from the backbenchers of Parliament to Foreign Secretary and then Prime Minister.

Johnson was born in New York's Upper East Side, as his father Stanley having finished his degree at Oxford, was studying for a postgraduate degree at Columbia University in New York, although the fanily later returned to Britain where Stanley went on to do post doctoral research with the London School of Economics, before joining the World Bank and later the European Commission, it was during time in Brussels as a child that Johnson first learned French. Stanley Johnson is now well known writer.

Last edited by Brave New World; 07-28-2019 at 03:52 PM..

Old 07-28-2019, 03:46 PM

56,989 posts, read 35,122,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
All this trying to 'distant' yourself from the UK and all said in beautiful ENGLISH! lol :-D. For somebody who has 'no interest' in UK politics you ain't half posting on here a lot! Like Dave I also don't believe you have been ANYWHERE near the UK you observations about the British are straight out of 'the big book of national stereotypes'!
Okay. Shrug.

Old 07-28-2019, 04:59 PM

57,073 posts, read 26,024,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hahahaha. A link to the NY Times and the Independent, simply means you can create links. Johnson has clearly said that May's deal is dead. I suggest you try to learn a bit more about it than what you can find in the now discredited NYT. Top tip for you: Google search results are not in order of reality.

And yeah, I get that you are embarrassed for saying that about Ireland.
I suggest you read a real news source if you don’t think he is attempting to renegotiate, yes Mays proposals never passed, so.

Old 07-28-2019, 05:30 PM

14,831 posts, read 11,956,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
It’s about immigration
England is in a position to exit eu
And then do an avalanche of deportations they got a channel
We need a wall then we can too
Really it isn't, its about FAR more than that, nobody is going to be 'deported' after Brexit.

Old 07-28-2019, 05:44 PM

51,619 posts, read 25,681,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Of course Boris, whose father is an Economist at the World Bank and European Commision, who won a scholarship to Eton and read Classics (Greek and Latin) at Oxford and who is a fluent speaker of French and Italian, and has a good grasp of German and Spanish isn't bright enough to deal with other world leaders. Johnson's three siblings also attended Oxford and have very good careers.

If you think Boris Johnson is some halfwit then I suggest you think again, because underneath all the friendly banter he is a ruthless politician, who was twice elected Mayor of London, a traditionally liberal city, and has gone from the backbenchers of Parliament to Foreign Secretary and then Prime Minister.

Johnson was born in New York's Upper East Side, as his father Stanley having finished his degree at Oxford, was studying for a postgraduate degree at Columbia University in New York, although the fanily later returned to Britain where Stanley went on to do post doctoral research with the London School of Economics, before joining the World Bank and later the European Commission, it was during time in Brussels as a child that Johnson first learned French. Stanley Johnson is now well known writer.
So his a "well known writer" and he was the mayor of London.

Still, I suspect Putin could show him a thing or two about being a "ruthless politician."

Old 07-28-2019, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Really it isn't, its about FAR more than that, nobody is going to be 'deported' after Brexit.
From what I've read, some are already self-deporting.

For example, a number of those working in the banking industry are already gone.

Old 07-28-2019, 09:16 PM

1,503 posts, read 603,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post

Just to add some more facts you conveniently omitted:
1) switched political parties in Oxford because the one he originally joined to was less influential than other. Yeah, you never know who is stronger until you try, correct?
2) After graduating in 1987, Johnson became a trainee reporter with the Times newspaper but was sacked within a year for falsifying a quotation from his godfather Colin Lucas. Well, outright lying is a good trait for politician, no question about that.
3) BoJo did a number on London: He helped make it a haven of the super-rich, then ran a campaign saying "Don't listen to the super-rich in London." No surprises here, switching sides is not betrayal, it's foreseeing
4) Cocaine user: "Asked directly while being interviewed on Radio 4 when he last used the Class A drug, he replied by saying a "single inconclusive event" when he was a teenager". In another interview he said "I think the account of this event when I was 19 has appeared many, many times." Well, let's pretend that 19 is still a "teenager". And, frankly, cocaine use is not even an issue these days for politicians, right?
5) Lied about his affair with Petronella Wyatt and her pregnancy. Was fired from shadow cabinet for the lie. As I said, non-stop lies is a good property of a politician, and so native to any Brit PM.

As I said earlier, I just applaud BoJo - with him UK will go downhill faster. Keep the course, BoJo!

Old 07-29-2019, 05:23 AM

Johnson admitted "he doesn’t have the faintest clue what’s in the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade—the very text he’s been using to justify his outlandish Brexit stance."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/john-o...=home?ref=home

Recently, he was carrying on about EU's kipper shipping rules. Turns out it's UK not the EU that's behind this nefarious situation.

Should be fascinating watching Johnson BS his way through Brexit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.