Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2019, 07:41 AM

16,035 posts, read 6,840,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
"Then I have an Article 2, where I have the right to do whatever I want as president." .."It gives me all of these rights at a level that nobody has ever seen before." Donald Trump

What Article 2 actually says

"The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States; he may require the Opinion, in writing, of the principal Officer in each of the executive Departments, upon any Subject relating to the Duties of their respective Offices, and he shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment."

" The Constitution also allows for involuntary removal from office. The president, vice president, Cabinet secretaries, and other executive officers, as well as judges, may be impeached by the House of Representatives and tried in the Senate. Any official convicted by the Senate is immediately removed from office. The Senate may also choose to bar the removed official from holding any federal office in the future. No other punishments may be inflicted pursuant to the impeachment proceeding, but the convicted party remains liable to trial and punishment in the courts for civil and criminal charges."

So there is that.

Opinion:

Millions of tax dollars spent. No collusion.
another attempted fishing at the Mueller Report................seems the Democrats are the delusionals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2019, 07:46 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,224,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
What Trump Actually Said, Not filtered through the crooked MSM.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...69454823141376

/thread
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1153705450346635265

Don't believe your own lying ears, right?

The tweet you posted, was from 2018. This thread is about a speech YESTERDAY.

Do try and keep up, Dear.

Old 07-24-2019, 07:49 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,177,358 times
Legally he doesn't have a right to do whatever he wants. In practice, the republicans in Congress providing him cover afford him the ability to do whatever he wants.

Old 07-24-2019, 07:50 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,453,685 times
Quote:
"Then I have an Article 2, where I have the right to do whatever I want as president." .."It gives me all of these rights at a level that nobody has ever seen before." Donald Trump

"The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States; he may require the Opinion, in writing, of the principal Officer in each of the executive Departments, upon any Subject relating to the Duties of their respective Offices, and he shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment."

The President has control of the military, his cabinet, and federal pardons. That is pretty much all. It does not allow the President to do 'whatever he wants'. Trump only thinks he can and has said so more than once.

Article II does not give Trump special 'rights at a level that nobody has ever seen before'. Article II of the Constitution was written in 1787 with a modification by the 12th Amendment in case of an electoral college tie. Trump just appears to be delusional that he has special powers granted only to him.

Article II also says:

" The Constitution also allows for involuntary removal from office. The president, vice president, Cabinet secretaries, and other executive officers, as well as judges, may be impeached by the House of Representatives and tried in the Senate. Any official convicted by the Senate is immediately removed from office. The Senate may also choose to bar the removed official from holding any federal office in the future. No other punishments may be inflicted pursuant to the impeachment proceeding, but the convicted party remains liable to trial and punishment in the courts for civil and criminal charges."

So there is that.
I agree.

There is a reason why it is Article II nd not Article I. The nation's government and it's constitution were creatures of the congress, not the other way around, and the members of congress did not want a king.

Old 07-24-2019, 08:01 AM

1,893 posts, read 1,009,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Opinion:

Millions of tax dollars spent. No collusion.
another attempted fishing at the Mueller Report................seems the Democrats are the delusionals.
It (investigation) indicted 30+ people. $40 million tax dollars were recovered from Trump's campaign manager. Trump's NSC adviser, personal attorney, friends and acquaintances were also indicted.

Discovered that Russians interfered in our supposedly free elections not a big deal to you?

Old 07-24-2019, 08:04 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:

The President has control of the military, his cabinet, and federal pardons. That is pretty much all. It does not allow the President to do 'whatever he wants'. Trump only thinks he can and has said so more than once.

Article II does not give Trump special 'rights at a level that nobody has ever seen before'. Article II of the Constitution was written in 1787 with a modification by the 12th Amendment in case of an electoral college tie. Trump just appears to be delusional that he has special powers granted only to him.

Article II also says:

So there is that.

"I have a pen. I have a cell phone".- Barrack Hussein Obama

Old 07-24-2019, 08:16 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,531,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
That fool still thinks he can operate the presidency like he was sitting behind his desk at Trump Tower.

The presidency isn't an entry level position.

Driving the USA towards bankruptcy.

It just goes to show people he’s clueless about what it takes to be president. If Trump went to prison or was forced to step down. Trump and his base would claim he was the best president. Bigly.

Old 07-24-2019, 08:18 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1153705450346635265

Don't believe your own lying ears, right?

The tweet you posted, was from 2018. This thread is about a speech YESTERDAY.

Do try and keep up, Dear.
And you left off the context YET AGAIN that he was talking about Mueller. Why are you trying to be so obtuse about it?

Old 07-24-2019, 08:25 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,625,222 times
Trump must still think he is doing his apprentice show. He is not a king or ruler even if he wants to be. This should teach this country a lesson. No more tv sitcom stars for President. Watching these Republicans in the Mueller testimony get all dramatic like they are on trial. Playing for the Liar in Chief...pathetic...

Old 07-24-2019, 08:31 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,925,268 times
Quote:

All true, our Constitution is totally clear on this.

But you have to realize that to Donald Trump the US Constitution is nothing more than a rag; he is going to test its strength at every opportunity.

In the end will our vaunted Constitution protect us from a wanna-be dictator?

Remains to be seen - we are going to find out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies