Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2019, 09:47 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,429,771 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=G7TZe8_nYp8

I think it was a great interview. Most democrats and republicans disregard her because she is not from the professional political class.

She is not a media product that plays well with partisan policy goals, nor is she an academic elite.

Of course in our meritocratic system we have allowed our political class to pursue deeply immoral methods and become obsessed with power.

I knew she had value once the media and political establishment treated her like a joke.

Remember, people who wield power have no interest in limits to that power by a population that is not locked out because of some perceived educational prerequisite to discussing politics or questioning imperial foriegn policy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2019, 11:05 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,428,407 times
She's a nutter.

Old 07-24-2019, 11:07 AM

1,705 posts, read 538,010 times
I saw this intervju with her: https://youtu.be/BPhH5O6oMpE

I was expecting to laugh at her... but she is COMPLETLY understands what is going on!

Well color me surprised!

Old 07-24-2019, 11:13 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,380,409 times
We're going to bring this country together with crystals. Also, make sure you don't vaccinate your kids and don't worry about nuclear fallout, we can overcome it with our minds.

Old 07-24-2019, 11:15 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post

Yes--she was better than expected. I think it was a great interview. Most democrats and republicans disregard her because she is not from the professional political class.

She is not a media product that plays well with partisan policy goals, nor is she an academic elite.

Of course in our meritocratic system we have allowed our political class to pursue deeply immoral methods and become obsessed with power.

I knew she had value once the media and political establishment treated her like a joke.

Remember, people who wield power have no interest in limits to that power by a population that is not locked out because of some perceived educational prerequisite to discussing politics or questioning imperial foriegn policy.
I think she's great regarding a spiritual view of the world, promoting a new idea -- Peace, and for inspirational philosophical matters.

But I would prefer not to vote for her for president.

Old 07-24-2019, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I think she's great regarding a spiritual view of the world, promoting a new idea -- Peace, and for inspirational philosophical matters.

But I would prefer not to vote for her for president.
Why?

Political elitism is not good for the governance of our country.

When you see politics as a career with different services and promotions you promote public corruption.

Politicians who are political careerist know that tax revenue is needed to keep special interests and public-private partnerships useful. 70% of tax revenue comes from the top 10% income earners so politicians naturally promote corporate investment and favor imperialist policies.

Having someone dedicated to morality over maximizing political capital will do this country some good. We have been over-saturated with think-tanks, non-profits, and academic staffing of public service.

Public service is not a professional career, it is the wielding of public power. We need less professionalism and more kindness in our politics.

Old 07-24-2019, 11:36 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,056,554 times
Colbert's a reptile, thoroughly evil. I caught some mention of her on the Ben Shapiro show's promo, never heard of him or her. I was trying to get Clyde Lewis on 810 AM Albany last night but I guess he isn't on anymore. Anyway, Shapiro called her a national treasure over her guesting on Colbert.
I'll stick to alternative media.

Old 07-24-2019, 12:08 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post

I think it was a great interview. Most democrats and republicans disregard her because she is not from the professional political class.

The presidency is not an entry level position.

The past two and a half years have made that point crystal clear.

While Ms Williamson is interesting, and seems motivated by good intentions, she's out of her depth here.

Let's not repeat big mistakes.

Old 07-24-2019, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Colbert's a reptile, thoroughly evil. I caught some mention of her on the Ben Shapiro show's promo, never heard of him or her. I was trying to get Clyde Lewis on 810 AM Albany last night but I guess he isn't on anymore. Anyway, Shapiro called her a national treasure over her guesting on Colbert.
I'll stick to alternative media.
I think Shapiro thinks she's a joke. He is a supreme meritocratic who thinks only 'serious' candidates who work with DC institutions and support the foriegn policy consensus are worthy of consideration.

Its why he retweets Noah Rothman and others of the like.

Colbert on the other hand does his job in mocking the non-DNC friendly candidates.

Old 07-24-2019, 12:10 PM

17,618 posts, read 6,905,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
The presidency is not an entry level position.

The past two and a half years have made that point crystal clear.

While Ms Williamson is interesting, and seems motivated by good intentions, she's out of her depth here.

Let's not repeat big mistakes.

Actually the 8 years of Obama's failed presidency proves your point. Trump has done remarkably well considering the childish and vicious antics of the "loyal opposition."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies