Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 09:11 PM

17,619 posts, read 17,665,401 times

Advertisements

If the teens were white then the story would be screaming racism and blaming Trump. But since it’s black teens no screaming of racism nor blaming Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2019, 06:33 AM

12,961 posts, read 13,673,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
The illegal immigrants are driving the homeless problem, having absorbed the supply of low cost housing.
High rent is driving the homeless problem. South Americans usually share homes with one another. There is a house near me that sold for $27,000. It was a 2b/1b fixer upper on the outside of town. Its looks like two or three guys a woman and two children are living in that house. They will probably save enough money in 5-10 years to retire in Guatemala while supporting themselves here and families in South America. They got us beat. Their motivation is too high for success.

Every day I see young lazy homeless American men with cell phones, cigarettes, and a can of beer in the morning covered in tattoos. That's all they seem to need money for.

Old 07-26-2019, 06:39 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
The individual stated that the teens have been terrorizing the neighborhood, meaning that there have been prior incidents. There is also no indication that person giving that information is illegal.

Where have the illegal persons said anything in this article?
The person giving the information is relaying information from the illegals who are afraid to go to the authorities due to their legal status.

A neighbor reported the attack because the family of undocumented immigrants was afraid to go to the authorities themselves.
Quintero tried to get him to report the crime to police or let her take them to the hospital but he refused. The family is from Honduras. Because they’re undocumented, he didn’t want to involve authorities for fear of deportation.

Whats your point? There is article after article of illegals crying about fear of deportation.

Old 07-26-2019, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
High rent is driving the homeless problem. South Americans usually share homes with one another. There is a house near me that sold for $27,000. It was a 2b/1b fixer upper on the outside of town. Its looks like two or three guys a woman and two children are living in that house. They will probably save enough money in 5-10 years to retire in Guatemala while supporting themselves here and families in South America. They got us beat. Their motivation is too high for success.

Every day I see young lazy homeless American men with cell phones, cigarettes, and a can of beer in the morning covered in tattoos. That's all they seem to need money for.
I guess its the ones looking for work, living with relatives because they cant find work or their wages have been so depressed competing with illegals who will work for less, no benefits or who are easily fired or mistreated that you are not seeing on the street. Generally the homeless have mental issues or addiction issues. Many are our veterans.

How is it you think it is ok for multiple families to live in a dwelling meant for a single family. In most areas that is a violation of code. It creates overcrowding in schools and reduces the amount of property taxes to pay for those schools, it taxes the water, sewer and roads. Landlords can charge more rent because of the multiple people living crammed in those 2 bedrooms. If you have 6 people splitting the rent you can pay more than a family of four with only one or two breadwinners.
Many of the women get assistance for their American born children, food stamps, free medical, free preschool, public schools, free breakfast and lunch because the men's income is not counted. And the money is not being spent in the US to help the US economy. They are taking jobs due to greedy employers, depressing wages, taking rental properties, using services while sending their money over the border then leaving without contributing anything to the community or country.

And you think this is good.

Old 07-26-2019, 08:24 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,643,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Charge teens. Deport illegals. Problem solved.
Also- why no “color” in headline? Because white not involved.

exactly !

Old 07-26-2019, 08:26 AM

15,530 posts, read 10,499,357 times
There is a lot of resentment in some neighborhoods because illegals are taking their jobs.

Old 07-26-2019, 10:36 AM

12,961 posts, read 13,673,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I guess its the ones looking for work, living with relatives because they cant find work or their wages have been so depressed competing with illegals who will work for less, no benefits or who are easily fired or mistreated that you are not seeing on the street. Generally the homeless have mental issues or addiction issues. Many are our veterans.

How is it you think it is ok for multiple families to live in a dwelling meant for a single family. In most areas that is a violation of code. It creates overcrowding in schools and reduces the amount of property taxes to pay for those schools, it taxes the water, sewer and roads. Landlords can charge more rent because of the multiple people living crammed in those 2 bedrooms. If you have 6 people splitting the rent you can pay more than a family of four with only one or two breadwinners.
Many of the women get assistance for their American born children, food stamps, free medical, free preschool, public schools, free breakfast and lunch because the men's income is not counted. And the money is not being spent in the US to help the US economy. They are taking jobs due to greedy employers, depressing wages, taking rental properties, using services while sending their money over the border then leaving without contributing anything to the community or country.

And you think this is good.
What isn't good is when one landlord can own literally hundreds of trailers, apartments or houses for the sole purpose of renting to people who's background he is not going to check out. And nobody creates ordinances or enforces ordinances to change it because its the business community who are the landlords. What is also not good is Republicans giving tax breaks and cutting taxes on business's who are making money hand over fist hiring people who's backgrounds they are not going to check out.

Go get a sign made that reads "Made in America by Illegals " and plant it out side construction projects, industries and farms, and people's homes and see how fast you will get arrested. You are complaining about free $2.00 school lunches but are too afraid to go after the business class, the millionaires and billionaires who caused this crisis. I don't think its good per ce., I just like betting on a winner and in my opinion this new class of laborers are winning the game. We can learn something from them.

There is a lady I see a few times a week who is probably hooking for drugs or money. She looks to be 65 or older but she could be 40. She could be cleaning motels rooms for minimum wage like some migrant South American women do at her age, but she probably thinks that is below her.

What this new class of worker can teach us is that these things that we hold so dear like, food, welfare and medical care is not very valuable in a society that gives it away. But your labor is valuable and shiftless lazy young Americans squander it buy not using it.

Last edited by thriftylefty; 07-26-2019 at 10:48 AM..

Old 07-26-2019, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
What isn't good is when one landlord can own literally hundreds of trailers, apartments or houses for the sole purpose or renting to people who's background he is not going to check out. And nobody creates ordinances or enforces ordinances to change it because its the business community who are the landlords. What is also not good is Republicans giving tax breaks and cutting taxes on business's who are making money hand over fist hiring people who's backgrounds they are not going to check out.

Go get a sign made that reads "Made in America by Illegals " and plant it out side construction projects and people's homes and see how fast you will get arrested. You are complaining about free $2.00 school lunches but are too afraid to go after the business class, the millionaires and billionaires who caused this crisis.I don't think its good per ce. I just like betting on a winner and in my opinion this new class of laborers are winning the game. We can learn something from them.

There is a lady I see a few time a week who is probably hooking for drugs or money. She looks to be 65 or older but she could be 40. She could be cleaning motels rooms for minimum wage like some migrant South American women do at her age but she probably thinks that is below her.
Good at skirting questions, you are.
I dont know any landlord who owns hundreds of trailers for the sole purpose of renting to people who's background he is not going to check. Dont even know where that came from.
What about cramming 9 people into a single family 950 sq. ft. house with one bathroom, 5 adults working at the chicken plant, three kids in the public school?
Actually most municipalities have such ordinances, many dont enforce them. I think the landlords should be fined.
I'm not complaining about free lunch, I'm stating facts that illegals use free resources, generally dont pay property tax as they rent, send their illegal earning back over the border to boost their home countries economy, then when they have taken enough return home, and you think that is a good thing.

That lady is probably a drug addict. There are illegals who are addicts too, not all of them work and when they do as you said they send that money back over the border. Why are you so mad at the addicts, mentally challenged and homeless people in this country?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies