U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-24-2019, 10:05 PM
 
Location: Japan
10,824 posts, read 4,468,846 times
Reputation: 6975

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Not really historically supported
How so?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-24-2019, 10:09 PM
 
Location: Rutherfordton,NC
14,678 posts, read 9,151,740 times
Reputation: 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Not really historically supported, but you do you.
Agreed heís not even close.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2019, 10:17 PM
 
7,333 posts, read 4,249,013 times
Reputation: 9703
‘Witch’ hats, brooms, cauldrons, cats, etc were the tools of the trade of brewers.
https://bigthink.com/scotty-hendrick...tches-and-beer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2019, 10:26 PM
 
10,803 posts, read 2,769,584 times
Reputation: 7286
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Where do I even start??

Iíll keep it simple witches were more or less early day pharmacist . They helped deliver babies gave men medication to help um... stay strong in the bedroom, etc. They are who you went to if you or a family member got sick. And yes witches still exist. Is this the right place for this topic?
Some witches do a bit more than that though.


When I used to own a lawn care company, I had this lady for a client, who I found out was a practicing witch, she was very open and honest about it. She was always nice and polite to me, but one day when she was telling me about it, I was surprised at some of the things she could do! She was into black witchcraft, although you would never assume that upon meeting her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2019, 10:51 PM
 
Location: British Columbia ☀️ ♥ 🍁 ♥ ☀️
7,335 posts, read 6,632,886 times
Reputation: 14401
This thread looks like a witch hunt.
.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2019, 10:59 PM
 
Location: British Columbia ☀️ ♥ 🍁 ♥ ☀️
7,335 posts, read 6,632,886 times
Reputation: 14401
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Where do I even start??

Iíll keep it simple witches were more or less early day pharmacist . They helped deliver babies gave men medication to help um... stay strong in the bedroom, etc. They are who you went to if you or a family member got sick. And yes witches still exist. Is this the right place for this topic?
Why not? Witches have always been a controversial subject, so I think a forum for controversial subjects is as good a place as any for the topic.


.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2019, 11:54 PM
Status: "She was warned yet STILL she persisted" (set 1 day ago)
 
Location: CO/UT/AZ/NM Catch me if you can!
4,779 posts, read 4,397,941 times
Reputation: 10482
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post


You go girl!
Thanks all the same, but we Colorado witches prefer a nice hit of shatter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-25-2019, 05:26 AM
 
Location: Rutherfordton,NC
14,678 posts, read 9,151,740 times
Reputation: 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Some witches do a bit more than that though.


When I used to own a lawn care company, I had this lady for a client, who I found out was a practicing witch, she was very open and honest about it. She was always nice and polite to me, but one day when she was telling me about it, I was surprised at some of the things she could do! She was into black witchcraft, although you would never assume that upon meeting her.
Black witchcraft? In my 20 years of being a Pagan thatís a first. Itís a good bet thatís she Wiccan not a witch.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Why not? Witches have always been a controversial subject, so I think a forum for controversial subjects is as good a place as any for the topic.
Thatís what the religion section is for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-25-2019, 06:08 AM
 
19,365 posts, read 12,306,574 times
Reputation: 10662
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
There's no such thing as a witch. They're just weirdos. It sounds like that is the point the guy in the video is making, in which case, I agree.

That said, as long as they aren't hurting anyone and they leave me alone, let your freak flag fly and keep casting your worthless spells.


Indeed- they are leftists who are weirdos and do not fit into society. They live in a fantasy that presumes to give them "powers", as they are powerless in our society. Thus such a group is very attractive to the powerless and those who have failed in society.


Another class of democrat freaks, victims, and weirdos. Remember when the "witches" in CA were joining together to curse Trump when he was elected?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-25-2019, 06:12 AM
 
29,642 posts, read 15,536,172 times
Reputation: 20148
She turned me into a newt.

I got better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top