U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 06:53 AM

27,117 posts, read 19,185,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
She turned me into a newt.

I got better.
so... if she.. weighs as much as a duck...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2019, 07:48 AM

10,824 posts, read 4,468,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
so... if she.. weighs as much as a duck...
... she's made of wood and... she's a witch!

Old 07-25-2019, 07:51 AM

19,365 posts, read 12,306,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
She turned me into a newt.

I got better.

Score one for Pedro.

The Holy Grail is a classic.

Old 07-25-2019, 07:52 AM

19,365 posts, read 12,306,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
... she's made of wood and... she's a witch!

How be thee so learned in the ways of science?

Old 07-25-2019, 04:47 PM

7,335 posts, read 6,632,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Black witchcraft? In my 20 years of being a Pagan that’s a first. It’s a good bet that’s she Wiccan not a witch.

That’s what the religion section is for.

I disagree. Real witch craft in general isn't about religion and the majority of real witches aren't religious and don't worship any gods or believe in any religions. So the topic does not fit into the Religion Forum.

Wicca is a religion that Wiccan practitioners choose to believe in, paganism is religious or spiritual in nature and pagans choose to believe in it. Both Wicca and paganism may recognize and worship many gods that they consider to be more powerful than their selves. Those who worship a god are practicing some form of religion. Those topics would fit into the Religion Forum.

Oh, and Wiccans don't practice black witch craft. Black witch craft is anathema to Wicca. Some pagans practice either black or white craft or both.

But real witches are different, they don't choose to believe in any gods or any religions and they don't choose magic, the magic chooses them. Real witch craft is all about personal magic and personal power endowed upon each witch by the universe. Each witch IS a god, each witch considers their self to be omnipotent with no other entity greater than their self. They don't recognize or accept any gods other than themselves, they don't want other people to worship them and if they worship any gods in a religious way it is their own selves that they worship. Real witches do not recognize nor practice either white magic or black magic, they practice personal magic and universal magic. Universal magic is neither white nor black, neither positive nor negative, neither good nor bad.

Old 07-25-2019, 05:00 PM

15,448 posts, read 5,753,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
You can name call all you want, but the historical record is clear. Witches were called out as witches, yes because they didn't fit in, but it certainly wasn't because they didn't button their top button. It was almost always because one stood out by swearing at a neighbor, by attempting to harm one's animals, attempting to cheat a neighbor, etc.

In essence, it was a system to keep order and maintain the values and mores of society. Many people today could use a similar lesson.
What a load of BS. Go read about the Salem Witch Trials. It was mass hysteria brought on by a few girls who started the whole thing by accusing three women unjustly of practicing the "Devil's magic." There was no indication any of these women were outcasts in the community. In fact, it stopped when the governor's own wife was accused.

So you think people "could use a lesson" by being unjustly accused and murdered? Wow, that's a pretty abhorrent suggestion.

That said, I love all the Python references in this thread. I admit that was the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread.

Old 07-25-2019, 05:17 PM

11,551 posts, read 8,484,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
You can name call all you want, but the historical record is clear. Witches were called out as witches, yes because they didn't fit in, but it certainly wasn't because they didn't button their top button. It was almost always because one stood out by swearing at a neighbor, by attempting to harm one's animals, attempting to cheat a neighbor, etc.

In essence, it was a system to keep order and maintain the values and mores of society. Many people today could use a similar lesson.
Shunning would take care of that.

By the 1950's many of those women who wouldn't mind were put in the loony bin by their DHs and the neighborhood shrink. The shock treatments kept them in line.

Old 07-25-2019, 09:57 PM

14,678 posts, read 9,151,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I disagree. Real witch craft in general isn't about religion and the majority of real witches aren't religious and don't worship any gods or believe in any religions. So the topic does not fit into the Religion Forum.

Wicca is a religion that Wiccan practitioners choose to believe in, paganism is religious or spiritual in nature and pagans choose to believe in it. Both Wicca and paganism may recognize and worship many gods that they consider to be more powerful than their selves. Those who worship a god are practicing some form of religion. Those topics would fit into the Religion Forum.

Oh, and Wiccans don't practice black witch craft. Black witch craft is anathema to Wicca. Some pagans practice either black or white craft or both.

But real witches are different, they don't choose to believe in any gods or any religions and they don't choose magic, the magic chooses them. Real witch craft is all about personal magic and personal power endowed upon each witch by the universe. Each witch IS a god, each witch considers their self to be omnipotent with no other entity greater than their self. They don't recognize or accept any gods other than themselves, they don't want other people to worship them and if they worship any gods in a religious way it is their own selves that they worship. Real witches do not recognize nor practice either white magic or black magic, they practice personal magic and universal magic. Universal magic is neither white nor black, neither positive nor negative, neither good nor bad.

Donít be surprised if this gets moved.

Witches are Pagan to start with no matter what Gods they worship. And yes Witches did and still do, donít get me started on Wicca you wonít like me on Wicca.
Um no witches donít believe they are Gods.
On your last point about witches being Neutral youíre right

Old 07-25-2019, 10:13 PM

10,824 posts, read 4,468,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Donít be surprised if this gets moved.

Witches are Pagan to start with no matter what Gods they worship. And yes Witches did and still do, donít get me started on Wicca you wonít like me on Wicca.
Um no witches donít believe they are Gods.
On your last point about witches being Neutral youíre right
The thread title (from the video) is tongue in cheek. This is about politics and society, not actual witchcraft. And no, it does not belong in the religion forum.

Old 07-25-2019, 10:32 PM

12,348 posts, read 12,569,814 times
This guy is a rambling lunatic. He's afraid that women will be maladaptive, rise to positions of power, and quit having sex with him. I know the UK has it's problems. Now I see why.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies