Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2019, 09:06 PM

1,109 posts, read 745,272 times

Advertisements

This is most concerning to me, especially since there are recent outbreaks of measles concentrated in areas of large migrant populations (LA, El Paso).

Everything we have done in this country to improve health and eradicate disease is suddenly being thrown out the window.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2019, 09:09 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Do you mean illegal aliens?

Old 07-24-2019, 09:11 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,371,084 times
These disease outbreaks are inaccurately blamed on immigrants. The fact is most immigrants could care less about the anti-vax agenda. Most of them are perfectly willing to get vaccinations. There are many anti-vaxxer communities within the USA, such as the Christian religious homeschooling groups, that won't vaccinate their children.

Old 07-24-2019, 09:13 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
These disease outbreaks are inaccurately blamed on immigrants. The fact is most immigrants could care less about the anti-vax agenda. Most of them are perfectly willing to get vaccinations. There are many anti-vaxxer communities within the USA, such as the Christian religious homeschooling groups, that won't vaccinate their children.
They are coming here, illegally, without vaccinations.

You are talking about immigrants, but the issue is with illegal aliens.

Old 07-24-2019, 09:14 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,280,259 times
The jump in measles is occurring globally. From some sources I've read, this outbreak has a lot to do with parents choosing not to vaccinate their children due to associated risks. Travel is also a cause, but that could be from you and me flying overseas and catching it and bringing it back. Sure, the undocumented migrants/illegal aliens should be vetted, but I do not believe they are the source. Is there any info on the % of these people who have/have not been vaccinated?

Old 07-24-2019, 09:19 PM

1,109 posts, read 745,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Show me your data please. According to this https://data.unicef.org/topic/child-.../immunization/ ~117k children are unvaccinated in the US, while ~219k children are unvaccinated in Mexico...and Mexico has a much smaller population.

You mention most of them are willing to get vaccination, but are they being vetted or even approached for this when they enter illegally? Again, show me the data.

Old 07-24-2019, 09:33 PM

16,547 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDproAV View Post
This is most concerning to me, especially since there are recent outbreaks of measles concentrated in areas of large migrant populations (LA, El Paso).

Everything we have done in this country to improve health and eradicate disease is suddenly being thrown out the window.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Do you mean illegal aliens?
Exactly

Their official name is illegal aliens, not undocumented workers and other such liberal nonsense terms.

As with most legal immigrants, there needs to be a Ellis Island type of system where those entering our country are given health checks, vaccinations and there be mandatory quarantine for a period of time, to help insure they are not bring any type of disease in with them.
Heck this day and age, it is not inconceivable that a terrorist organization could purposely send infected people across the border with communicable diseases as a form of biological terrorism.

Remember the jihad kooks will kill themselves to serve Allah, so what better way to kill the infidels than to infect some people with say Ebola or the like.
By the time we even realized what has happened, we could have tens of thousands infected & dying.

Even then, the leftist Democrats would be trying to shift blame to Trump despite their own complicity.

Remember according to the Democrats, there is no crisis at the border, even though there is a massive one. They will not fund measures to stop the flow of the illegal invasion, despite some OTM's being rapists, pedophiles, common criminals, gang members, drug mules and ever terrorists.

`

`

Old 07-24-2019, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
They are coming here, illegally, without vaccinations..
How do you know they haven't been vaccinated, and "which" immigrants are they?

Old 07-24-2019, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
The jump in measles is occurring globally. From some sources I've read, this outbreak has a lot to do with parents choosing not to vaccinate their children due to associated risks. Travel is also a cause, but that could be from you and me flying overseas and catching it and bringing it back. Sure, the undocumented migrants/illegal aliens should be vetted, but I do not believe they are the source. Is there any info on the % of these people who have/have not been vaccinated?
This. We've always had immigration but the jump in measles has occurred with rise of the anti-vax movement. Where I live there are tons of (American citizen) families, mostly in homeschooling communities, who don't vaccinate their children, often for vague "religious" reasons or belief in junk science.

Old 07-24-2019, 09:40 PM

17,304 posts, read 12,228,591 times
Central/South American countries have pretty good vaccination rates. Better than ours in a lot of cases.
WHO World Health Organization: Immunization, Vaccines And Biologicals. Vaccine preventable diseases Vaccines monitoring system 2019 Global Summary Reference Time Series: BCG

Here in Vancouver, WA outside of Portland where we were one of the measles hot spots it was largely the Russian/Ukrainian immigrants which comprised most of the anti-vaxxer measles cases. A lot of mistrust of govt recommended anything due to having escaped the Soviet era and religious objections.

Last edited by notnamed; 07-24-2019 at 09:54 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies