U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-26-2019, 06:09 PM
 
5,658 posts, read 1,527,040 times
Reputation: 3493

Advertisements

To show how far Democrats will go to pander to minorities, remember he promised free abortions to trans men - a constituency of exactly zero.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-26-2019, 06:15 PM
 
5,810 posts, read 2,357,241 times
Reputation: 6059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
They don’t get their knickers in a twist over what a trans individual does with their appearance or bodies.
  • They get their knickers in a twist about being in a bathroom, or worse locker room, with a trans individual. They don’t want to see penises.
  • They get their knickers in a twist over biological women being shut out of winning women’s sports.
  • They get their knickers in a twist over a women being forced to touch a penis against their will or lose their business.
Well said, clarifies a lot. I see trans people almost daily (I live near and work in Seattle) and I couldn't care less, if that's the way you roll, roll on. My daughters have issues with trans people in womens restrooms and they're NOT alone in thier feelings about it. I have issues with some things I have been hearing in the news about the schools and libraries around here.

Being whatever is an adult issue. Bringing these issues into the world of children WHEN THEY ARE YOUNG AND THEIR MINDS ARE HIGHLY PLASTIC is not right. Parents are the ones who ultimately mold their children, for better or for worse, like it or not. That's the way it is now, that's the way it has been. No strangers have a right to step in between parents and children without very good reason and "sexual identity" is not one of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2019, 06:16 PM
 
5,658 posts, read 1,527,040 times
Reputation: 3493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
They don’t get their knickers in a twist over what a trans individual does with their appearance or bodies.
  • They get their knickers in a twist about being in a bathroom, or worse locker room, with a trans individual. They don’t want to see penises.
  • They get their knickers in a twist over biological women being shut out of winning women’s sports.
  • They get their knickers in a twist over a women being forced to touch a penis against their will or lose their business.
Excellent post and right to the heart of the issue!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2019, 06:17 PM
 
5,810 posts, read 2,357,241 times
Reputation: 6059
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
To show how far Democrats will go to pander to minorities, remember he promised free abortions to trans men - a constituency of exactly zero.
You're killing me. Nobody is that stupid.

Or are they?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2019, 06:19 PM
 
5,658 posts, read 1,527,040 times
Reputation: 3493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
You're killing me. Nobody is that stupid.

Or are they?
Didn't you hear him say that at the debate?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIoLBlJF_Pw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2019, 06:20 PM
 
11,427 posts, read 2,833,858 times
Reputation: 5257
Whatever happened to transvestites? Are they out of fashion?



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6eE_z3qnNc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2019, 06:27 PM
 
Location: Lone Mountain Las Vegas NV
13,170 posts, read 4,968,995 times
Reputation: 5809
My generation and its children is about 50 people. These are the offspring of 4 NYC Irish sisters.

At the moment we have two transgenders. One was a very senior and highly successful male The other is an 18 year old second gen male.

The older person is particularly interesting in that she was a highly successful and well paid senior executive and she has kept his job. She also remain married to the same lady with whom she had kids. And the employer, a big corporation, was quite supportive. And so were most of her coworkers. I found all that pretty surprising.

The younger person is just recently disclosed so we will see how that works out.

We also have 7 or 8 gays in the family. Most in long established couplings.

The world does change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2019, 07:46 PM
 
Location: USA
19,992 posts, read 14,803,671 times
Reputation: 12874
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
My generation and its children is about 50 people. These are the offspring of 4 NYC Irish sisters.

At the moment we have two transgenders. One was a very senior and highly successful male The other is an 18 year old second gen male.

The older person is particularly interesting in that she was a highly successful and well paid senior executive and she has kept his job. She also remain married to the same lady with whom she had kids. And the employer, a big corporation, was quite supportive. And so were most of her coworkers. I found all that pretty surprising.

The younger person is just recently disclosed so we will see how that works out.

We also have 7 or 8 gays in the family. Most in long established couplings.

The world does change.
Out of 50 people you have 7 or 8? Gays and 2 transgender. So roughly 1 of 5 people in your family are gay or Trans? Now, that is very unusual to say the least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2019, 08:07 PM
 
Location: My beloved Bluegrass
14,805 posts, read 10,698,048 times
Reputation: 20049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
1) What female bathroom has open stalls to see a if someone has a penis?
Is it common for women to pull their pants down in the middle of the bathroom without entering the stall first? We are talking 0.6 percent of the population so if your subjected to penises in your locker room, its likely your in the wrong locker room.
Oh, but it has happened. I wasn’t there to witness it but my two neighbors saw the actual sign and it was discussed enough in the grocery store lines and coffee shops for me to assume it was absolutely true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Lol - this is the truth. I have zero doubt through the years transgendered females have used the women’s restroom with me. They were discreet about it and kept it as private as possible, which is very different from the person who strutted through my then local gym’s female locker room, with their penis swinging, a couple of years ago. In response they put up signs afterwards that bluntly said anyone over the age of 6 with a penis had to use the men’s locker room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
2) I agree that a biological woman should not be closed out of winning a sport because a man had a appearance change. Completely agree. But I also agree that a woman born with more androgens (think testosterone here) should not be excluded from winning either. God's plan, why should I fault a person for that?
Well, hey, if we are going with God’s plan then shouldn’t people learn to live in the body God gave them? Just saying.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
3) And who is asking women to touch a penis against their will? Outside of rape and molestation who is forced to touch all these tally whackers? Who has that problem, please elaborate.

I have no idea so I am just asking.
Woman loses business after refusing to wax make genitals of transgendered person

Another BC woman forced out of business in transgender male genitalia waxing case

Waxing case flares up in Massachusetts gender identity law debate

Transgender Man Cites MA Law, Demands Brazilian Wax from Beautician

Trans ‘woman’ sues spa over Muslim woman’s refusal to wax his genitals
__________________
When I post in bold red that is moderator action and, per the TOS, can only be discussed through Direct Message.Moderator - Arkansas & subforums, Asia, Kentucky & subforums, Military Life, and P&OC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-26-2019, 08:10 PM
 
Location: Lone Mountain Las Vegas NV
13,170 posts, read 4,968,995 times
Reputation: 5809
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Out of 50 people you have 7 or 8? Gays and 2 transgender. So roughly 1 of 5 people in your family are gay or Trans? Now, that is very unusual to say the least.
Always been my opinion that God or mother nature has a sense of humor. My brother, who is the staunch conservative Catholic, has two kids. Boy and Girl. Both are happily married to someone of the same sex. The most interesting part is he ended up living with it. In fact basically his care givers are the two gay guys. Very sadly his wonderful and utterly female wife passed away last month. And it is clearly the guys who organized the funeral and took care of him.

Another sister had 6 boys and a girl. Three of the boys are openly gay and another is possible. We do not ask unless ir is volunteered. And the next generation has a couple who have come from the closet.

At this point the family no longer considers it unusual. And interestingly enough everyone gets along. Actually my wife and I have a favorite couple who are gay. My cousin is a nice guy but his spouse is just one of the more charming people on earth.

I do remember 25 years ago when they came to visit at our home in CA. Went round and round on the sleeping arrangements.Finally set aside two bedrooms and let them sort it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top