Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 05:35 AM

88 posts, read 64,382 times

Advertisements

And by transgender we mean people who don't just identify but go through with "sexual reassignment".

I live in Ireland and don't think I've ever met more than two people even then, none of them had gone through with any surgery which I would expect since its very expensive unless you I think people blow this out of proportion due to sensationalism bias from the media. The reality is that even in the most accepting and liberal areas of the West, very very few people are transgender for anyone to make a big deal out of it.

The bathrooms are the same issue. Maybe it's different in America but here I've never seen an argument over transgender men or women using a bathroom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2019, 05:41 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,501,342 times
Why does anybody care?

Old 07-25-2019, 05:42 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,348,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by celticseas View Post
And by transgender we mean people who don't just identify but go through with "sexual reassignment".

I live in Ireland and don't think I've ever met more than two people even then, none of them had gone through with any surgery which I would expect since its very expensive unless you I think people blow this out of proportion due to sensationalism bias from the media. The reality is that even in the most accepting and liberal areas of the West, very very few people are transgender for anyone to make a big deal out of it.

The bathrooms are the same issue. Maybe it's different in America but here I've never seen an argument over transgender men or women using a bathroom.
It is very rare - 0.6%.

Old 07-25-2019, 05:42 AM

15,861 posts, read 6,663,763 times
Opinion:

In all my life,and I am two days older than dirt, I have encountered one transgender but zero sexually reassigned.
Now if you were to ask me how many crazies?............New York is full of them.

The world is like a fruitcake. It wouldn't be complete without a few nuts!

Old 07-25-2019, 05:55 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,130,534 times
Quote:

It is an interesting issue. In some cultures trans-gendered people are revered. One might almost think that the west is pretty backward in the thinking around gender and sexuality. (I might not almost think that. I radically think that.)

The issue of actual gender reassignment surgery is a tough one. When considered, the risk of suicide of that group needs to be considered. Sexual function and response is seriously effected. Each person must address that issue on their own. And it is not an easy one, I can promise you that.

I don't care very much how many people are trans so long as minority rights are not trampled as with other minority rights. I don't understand why other people get their knickers in a twist what a trans person does with their appearance or bodies.

The bathroom issue is such a non issue. Or it should be. Go into the stall and pee for heaven's sake! The idea that trans people are lying in wait to prey on your little kid is absurd. I find it rather interesting that people don't worry about boys being targeted by male to female trans people. Refitting bathrooms for single use would be trivial. In public establishments around here, you see fewer and fewer men's and women's rooms. You just see restroom.

Old 07-25-2019, 06:03 AM

16,948 posts, read 12,490,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
It is an interesting issue. In some cultures trans-gendered people are revered. One might almost think that the west is pretty backward in the thinking around gender and sexuality. (I might not almost think that. I radically think that.)

The issue of actual gender reassignment surgery is a tough one. When considered, the risk of suicide of that group needs to be considered. Sexual function and response is seriously effected. Each person must address that issue on their own. And it is not an easy one, I can promise you that.

I don't care very much how many people are trans so long as minority rights are not trampled as with other minority rights. I don't understand why other people get their knickers in a twist what a trans person does with their appearance or bodies.

The bathroom issue is such a non issue. Or it should be. Go into the stall and pee for heaven's sake! The idea that trans people are lying in wait to prey on your little kid is absurd. I find it rather interesting that people don't worry about boys being targeted by male to female trans people. Refitting bathrooms for single use would be trivial. In public establishments around here, you see fewer and fewer men's and women's rooms. You just see restroom.
In the case of stalls, I do not care where you take a dump.

I DO care when they expect my daughter to change for gym or at the YMCA in front of a boy who thinks he is a girl and there are still boy bits hanging. Rare but as a father, I do care that it not happen to my daughter. The trans rights fringe wants my daughter to have to deal with it.

Old 07-25-2019, 06:11 AM

15,861 posts, read 6,663,763 times
[quote=somebodynew;55758551]It is an interesting issue. In some cultures trans-gendered people are revered. One might almost think that the west is pretty backward in the thinking around gender and sexuality. (I might not almost think that. I radically think that.)

I don't understand why other people get their knickers in a twist what a trans person does with their appearance or bodies.
You gotta admit, some gender benders really do a bad job at dressing up.
Trying to fit a square peg into a round hole draws the unnecessary attention to
some that are more ( those who question them selves ) sensitive to this issue .
This is the powder keg of confrontation. If you are going to act the part at least dress the part................

Refitting bathrooms for single use would be trivial.

Frankly.....I could care less where I pee but for others I think this is the best idea to dispel all concerns.

/QUOTE]

Old 07-26-2019, 12:17 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,772,909 times
Quote:
It is said that 1/3 of 1 percent of the population or less is transgender. Yet, their rights do seem to trump the rights of everyone else when it comes to using rest rooms, locker rooms and participating in sports. There are high school boys, who indicate they were supposed to be girls, competing in girl sports, and winning scholarships to attend colleges to compete in women’s sports.

Old 07-26-2019, 12:19 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,772,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
It is very rare - 0.6%.
Statistics are 0.33% of the population

Old 07-26-2019, 12:26 PM

20,101 posts, read 16,032,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post

They don’t get their knickers in a twist over what a trans individual does with their appearance or bodies.
  • They get their knickers in a twist about being in a bathroom, or worse locker room, with a trans individual. They don’t want to see penises.
  • They get their knickers in a twist over biological women being shut out of winning women’s sports.
  • They get their knickers in a twist over a women being forced to touch a penis against their will or lose their business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies