U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 10:41 AM

8,319 posts, read 2,466,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
That's the reality facing tRump now, and it appears that he's fully cognizant of it.

Yesterday's hearing made it clear that he can be prosecuted for his crimes once he leaves office.
There are no claims that he's done any specific thing that constituted any specific crime. There's just stupid repetition of phrases like "Trump's crimes" in hopes that the falsehood will seep into the public consciousness. It's dishonest as hell, but it works remarkably well.

Old 07-25-2019, 10:50 AM

8,319 posts, read 2,466,167 times
Quote:
The one where tRump isn't a god and Fox News/hate radio aren't the only "news" outlets.

You?

If a "news outlet" has any impact on what you believe to be true, you're doing it wrong. You're a puppet.

Don't project your way of doing things onto the rest of us.

Old 07-25-2019, 11:38 AM

9,595 posts, read 2,363,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hey Old Gringo.

When are you going to eat your big dish of crow about being wrong on Russian Collusion?
You are the one who is wrong.

There were over 140 contacts between the Trump campaign and the Russian government. That's collusion. No other campaign had contacts with foreign governments.

You know that, and you should be admitting it, but like Trump you rather mislead than value truth and facts. We have you figured out ...

Old 07-25-2019, 11:40 AM

30,401 posts, read 16,701,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
This is what happens when one only gets info from Faux and shady characters like Sekulow who has been accused of siphoning off donations to a private charity to the tune of a cool $60 million which somehow showed up in Sekulow's personal bank account. Hmmmm...

If you had bothered to follow the actual hearing, you would know that Justice Department guidelines state that a sitting president cannot be indicted for a crime - that is the crux of the issue, not whether or not Mueller can or cannot "exonerate anybody." And no one ever said that tweets equal obstruction of justice, but ordering McGahn to fire Mueller so as to avoid investigation does. This is all documented in the Mueller Report which you were obviously to lazy to read and if you did actually watch the hearing, you didn't actually HEAR the hearing.
How do you know where I get my news from? I do have an Internet connection, and I know how to use it. I read other sources as well. I do steer clear of MSNBC (a.k.a. MSDNC) and CNN. They are far too negative for my taste (so dour!), and they do nothing but lie. I don't think they covered much of this "investigation," because they never mentioned (as far as I've seen) that the FISA Warrants were obtained using the phony "dossier," never telling the Court that was their source, and signing off that the information was "verified" when it wasn't. That is a crime.

Jay Sekulow is NOT a "shady character," and I wouldn't believe those allegations for a minute. Sekulow is a good man. He is honest, a Messianic Jew who loves the Lord and takes his faith seriously. I have also met him personally, though it was many years ago, when he spoke at our church in Poway, CA.

As I said in another post, I watched the entire hearing. Did you? That Mueller didn't recommend indictment because of DOJ guidelines is a lie, which he had to backtrack on twice now. He told William Barr that that wasn't the reason, back when the Report was first released. If you had watched the Hearing, you would know this. Additionally, that a sitting President cannot be indicted has been upheld by the Supreme Court. Impeachment is the method by which a President is charged with a crime and tried by the Senate. That's in the Constitution, if you've ever read it.

No, the "crux of the issue is that a prosecutor does not and cannot exonerate anybody. It isn't eve a legal term. One is either guilty or not guilty. Period. And a prosecutor must prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. Have you ever had Jury Duty? I have.

You must have also missed the part where they were talking about the Presidents Tweets amounting to "obstruction." Ridiculous! The President has the Constitutional authority to fire the Special Counsel, who works for him. Everyone acknowledged that. The argument was "motive." That isn't something that should be considered as long as what the President is doing is legal. This is partly why the "Travel Ban" was upheld, because the President had the legal authority to issue the ban. The law was on his side.

I'm not a lawyer, but the Constitution and Constitutional law interest me. I have read a lot about these cases as they have come up. I have read what the experts have written. I've also taken a Constitution course.

Finally, Mueller's Report has been totally discredited, as has his entire 'investigation.

Old 07-25-2019, 11:42 AM

9,595 posts, read 2,363,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Trump Always WINNING!

OP: Are you read for him to WIN in 2020?
I see a lot of whitewashing over the facts in this thread.

I don't see Trump winning in 2020, and neither does he frankly, which is why he is panicking and leaving the door wide open for foreign intervention again.

I think Putin is disappointed in Trump, and embarrassed by him. Putin just might want to take him down this time, just sayin' ...

Old 07-25-2019, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Trump is horrible on most everything, but like Volo said, he'll never see a courtroom much less spend a night in the slammer. Every president in my lifetime has been guilty of jailable offenses and straight off the top, most if not all have been guilty of mass murder/ war crimes.
Seems being the CEO of America inc. is itself an escape from prosecution card.
LOL!!! Not worthy of comment.

Old 07-25-2019, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
Well, it seems to be easier that we might get Trump imprisoned after his POTUS term(s).
Obama is still on the loose, so what makes you think Trump, who has committed no crime, should be imprisoned?

Old 07-25-2019, 11:46 AM

5,496 posts, read 3,319,360 times
Quote:
That's the reality facing tRump now, and it appears that he's fully cognizant of it.

Yesterday's hearing made it clear that he can be prosecuted for his crimes once he leaves office. It's just that old 1970s DOJ policy that's keeping his head above water now.

Well, that and the most corrupt AG in history.

So, look for a very entertaining campaign ahead, folks.

It'll be down in the mud and slime for the Pubs as they do their damnedest to get tRump re-elected. The GOP has tied it's wagon to tRump 100% and they're now ready to follow him over the cliff.

"We'll see what happens."

Seems like you have not read Mueller's report

Old 07-25-2019, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
If he goes to jail in 2025 not a single person will care.
For what would he be sent to prison? Obama is still on the loose, and he has committed crimes, most recently advising Iran how to deal with President Trump, which at the very least is a violation of the Logan Act, if not treason.

Old 07-25-2019, 11:54 AM

24,185 posts, read 12,015,288 times
Quote:

Yesterday's hearing made it clear that he can be prosecuted for his crimes once he leaves office. It's just that old 1970s DOJ policy that's keeping his head above water now.

Well, that and the most corrupt AG in history.

So, look for a very entertaining campaign ahead, folks.

It'll be down in the mud and slime for the Pubs as they do their damnedest to get tRump re-elected. The GOP has tied it's wagon to tRump 100% and they're now ready to follow him over the cliff.

"We'll see what happens."

Prison term for what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or