Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 02:20 PM

3,869 posts, read 4,079,742 times

Advertisements

When the 22nd Amendment gets changed and Trump joins FDR as a President to serve more than 2 terms, he will continue to drive all you lefties insane and 'Merica will continue to kick ass.

Old 07-25-2019, 02:28 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I see a lot of whitewashing over the facts in this thread.

I don't see Trump winning in 2020, and neither does he frankly, which is why he is panicking and leaving the door wide open for foreign intervention again.

I think Putin is disappointed in Trump, and embarrassed by him. Putin just might want to take him down this time, just sayin' ...
Huh???

Have you been paying attention to anything? Have you seen the size of his rallies? Biden, the "front runner," barely got 1,000 people at one of his recent venues. Everyone else is even less popular.

Trump will win by a landslide in 2020, and Republicans will take back the house. Democrats have no message, and they have no viable candidate. The Democrat Party is finished. The Four Freshmen have taken it over, and they are leading it over a cliff.

Putin? Who gives a damn about Putin, least of all, the President. Putin can't "take him down." How could he do that?

Old 07-25-2019, 02:33 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,909,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Maybe not jail.

But he's looking at lotsa legal problems for however many years he has left.

Once he's out of office, he can be prosecuted for both federal and state crimes. Mueller looked into some of them, didn't comment on others, passed over still more to other investigations that are ongoing. And let's not forget the AG of NY state, who has quite a list of tRump's naughty dealings.

No, ol' chubs has gotten himself into a wringer here.

You need to look into getting your own late night comedy show, you dreams have no basis in reality.
Fortunately for you and your fellow 2nd place finishers, Trump is going to continue making America Great Again for six more years, and you will be but one of the millions of benefactors of his reign . Rejoice Gringo....

Old 07-25-2019, 02:53 PM

5,067 posts, read 1,666,126 times
Quote:
I don't see Trump winning in 2020

Did you see him winning in 2016?

Old 07-25-2019, 03:15 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Talking Politics forum, boys and girls...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
You need to look into getting your own late night comedy show, you dreams have no basis in reality.
Fortunately for you and your fellow 2nd place finishers, Trump is going to continue making America Great Again for six more years, and you will be but one of the millions of benefactors of his reign . Rejoice Gringo....

I come here to post about politics, politicians and policies.

Trumplings come here to post about ME.

I always get them up and barking like Pavlov dogs.

Carry on, Grumps.

Old 07-25-2019, 03:29 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
I see a lot of whitewashing over the facts in this thread.

I don't see Trump winning in 2020, and neither does he frankly, which is why he is panicking and leaving the door wide open for foreign intervention again.

I think Putin is disappointed in Trump, and embarrassed by him. Putin just might want to take him down this time, just sayin' ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Huh???

Have you been paying attention to anything? Have you seen the size of his rallies? Biden, the "front runner," barely got 1,000 people at one of his recent venues. Everyone else is even less popular.
How old are you ... really? You seem less understanding than I had first assumed.

Trump rallies are a roadshow, the attendees are an audience, not volunteers, and do not indicate his real strength. The attendees are a self selected group (out of 'the base') seeking entertainment and confirmation bias, not dedicated political volunteers going door to door and actually doing the business of building a campaign. In other words, holding rallies is Trump's way of reaching the public in lieu of volunteers, he does not have an organization on the ground, just the roadshow.

Biden is one of over 20 candidates for the Democratic nomination. The individual candidate has a short list of previous donors/potential volunteers who will be invited to campaign roll outs. Biden has his people, Warren has hers, etc. They will grow the volunteer corps from that point onward, adding people. Once a candidate wins the primaries the volunteers for other campaigns who wish to do so will fold in and all work for the one party presidential campaign. So this early days yet and the number of active volunteers next year after the convention is undetermined.

So what about those Trump rallies? From what I can tell many people have been to more than one rally. What is the average attendance? I am guessing around 10 thousand (I don't know, I am guessing).

If I am close, after 80 rallies he has the potential of having reached 800,000 people this way since the last election, if no one went twice. We know that on the ballot Trump received almost 62,234,425 votes in 2016, and the total votes cast was well over twice that amount, so the rally does not reflect the number of potential voters. It doesn't help us understand the depth and breadth of the actual support.

Most of the voting public will get their information from outside of rallies, from various sources including volunteers ringing doorbells and news items. That public has been steadily rejecting Trump at approximately 52% to 42% rate, at least 10% spread. Trump knows this, which is why he doesn't talk about his polling numbers. He can't get people to like him, he knows this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Trump will win by a landslide in 2020, and Republicans will take back the house. Democrats have no message, and they have no viable candidate. The Democrat Party is finished. The Four Freshmen have taken it over, and they are leading it over a cliff.

Putin? Who gives a damn about Putin, least of all, the President. Putin can't "take him down." How could he do that?
The Democrats have a great message. They have always represented the people. They will put people in place who will really protect the environment and our food supply, workplace safety, public health and consumer finance protections, things people really need in the struggle of life.

As for Putin, the Russian state media has been mocking Trump continually for months now. They hacked the election on his behalf in 2016, complete with phony social media memes and posts which helped thousands of people form lasting opinions in favor of Trump. Now they seem to be tired of him, thinking Trump something of a clown and not very useful or effective.

Trump should by now know that he can not count on Putin's help again. Trump is on his own this time.

Old 07-25-2019, 03:48 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
Did you see him winning in 2016?
I supported Kasich until he dropped out. My support eventually went to ... holding my nose ... Evan McMullin, my state went for Clinton.

When I found out Trump received the Republican nomination I thought Hillary really lucked out, because the worst possible candidate was put up against her. She was a terrible candidate herself, she could not generate enthusiasm from her core of potential support and she still lost. I will give her credit for getting more votes in total than Trump, but she and her team neglected the Midwest, and ultimately losing the electoral college was her own damned fault.

I am being slightly facetious by saying this, but I sometimes think Kasich could have switched parties, run as a Democrat and taken the white house that year. I sometimes really believe that. Assuming he would get the nomination, Kasich could have outperformed Clinton with the Democratic base and beat the hell out of Trump. Biden could have outperformed Clinton in the same way.

That's a lesson for all of us.

Old 07-25-2019, 04:04 PM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
If there was something illegal in those returns, he would have already been prosecuted for it. The IRS handles their own enforcement business without permission from the Congress.
A relative by marriage had a Social Security card in an assumed named. He owned a business, filed a business income tax in his home state and with the feds for 25 years. They never knew it was an assumed name until the forensic accountant the judge order in his divorce case turned him in. He also had a passport with his real name that he used 4-6 times a year.

Old 07-25-2019, 04:07 PM

21,932 posts, read 9,503,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Oh well, if JAY SEKULOW says so than it must be true. Which hearing in which parallel universe did you not watch, anyhow?

Chairman Jerry Nadler of the House Judiciary Committee was ready. The questions pointed and direct, and Mueller's answers were terse and brief:

CHAIRMAN NADLER: President Trump has said that your report completely exonerated him. But that is not what your report said, is it?

MUELLER: Correct, that is not what the report said.

NADLER: Did you totally exonerate the President?

MUELLER: No.

NADLER: Does that say that there was no obstruction?

MUELLER: No.

Nadler: Did you actually totally exonerate the president?

Mueller: No.

Nadler: In fact, your report expressly states that it does not exonerate the president.

Mueller: It does.

#MuellerHearings https://www.cbsnews.com/live-news/ro...ss-2019-07-24/ ...

Bottom line, mind closed.
The fact that you don't understand that no prosecutor EVER exonerates a person is sad for you.

Old 07-25-2019, 04:08 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,741,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
When the 22nd Amendment gets changed and Trump joins FDR as a President to serve more than 2 terms, he will continue to drive all you lefties insane and 'Merica will continue to kick ass.
And we will be calling one another "comrade" Be careful what you wish for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies