U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 07:03 PM

15,880 posts, read 8,864,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Meet the man who created the fake presidential seal -- a former Republican fed up with Trump!

Charles Leazott hadn’t thought about the seal in months.

The 46-year-old graphic designer threw it together after the 2016 presidential election — it was one part joke, one part catharsis. He used to be a proud Republican. He voted for George W. Bush. Twice.

But Donald J. Trump’s GOP was no longer his party. So he created a mock presidential seal to prove his point.

He substituted the arrows in the eagle’s claw for a set of golf clubs — a nod to the new president’s favorite pastime. In the other set of talons, he swapped the olive branch for a wad of cash and replaced the United States’ Latin motto with a Spanish insult. Then, his coup de grace: a two-headed imperial bird lifted straight from the Russian coat of arms, an homage to the president’s checkered history with the adversarial country.

“This is the most petty piece of art I have ever created,” the Richmond resident said in an interview with The Washington Post.

The seal wasn’t meant for a wide audience. But then, years later, it wound up stretched across a jumbo-tron screen behind an unwitting President Trump as he spoke to a conference packed with hundreds of his young supporters.

MORE

This story just keeps getting better - the guy was not an anonymous member of the Resistance after all but instead is a dissatisfied former Republican. Who knew, right?
The seal wasn’t meant for a wide audience. But then, years later, it wound up stretched across a jumbo-tron screen behind an unwitting President Trump as he spoke to a conference packed with hundreds of his young supporters.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2019, 07:11 PM

15,543 posts, read 4,123,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
Next prank: Pie in the face!
How about throwing a shoe?

This is yet one more indication that the thing doesn't have "the best people" surround him. We certainly know that many positions are unfilled..and we also know that unqualified hacks get positions if they swear fealty to him.

And this is what happens.

This is also what is happening with everything around him at all times.....

Old 07-25-2019, 08:05 PM

17,692 posts, read 11,255,729 times
I have to say, I haven't laughed this hard in a long time ! Whoever did this is a genius, and it is funny as Hell. I would have given good money to be in the room when Trump found out about it and saw it. Golf clubs, money in it's talons, Spanish words on the banner, and two heads on the Eagle.

Absolutely brilliant !!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-25-2019, 08:43 PM

5,971 posts, read 2,776,402 times
This was hilarious !

Old 07-25-2019, 09:43 PM
Status: "She was warned yet STILL she persisted" (set 1 day ago)

4,779 posts, read 4,400,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Okay, this is hilarious. And this guy is making money hand over fist on this new notoriety. I like how he has made his new wallpaper a picture of Trump standing in front of it. And this:

"I’ve got to be honest, I am so tickled in the most petty way possible that the president of the United States, who I despise, stood up and gave a talk in front of this graphic. Whoever put that up is my absolute hero.”

Mine, too.
I think Mr. Leazott should go down in the Patriot's Hall of Fame or at the very least in the Annals of Comedy Gold. I bet the idiot who accidently picked out that fake seal has gone into the witness protection program already.

Many Americans needed to have a good laugh about now and between them, those two guys managed to provide it.

Old Yesterday, 05:33 PM

1,838 posts, read 536,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
Next prank: Pie in the face!
If only someone on the inside could rig a remote spring in the podium to shove banana cream pie in his face.
It would be great but it would make him a martyr.

Old Yesterday, 05:44 PM

30,509 posts, read 20,165,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Why, thank you! As the saying goes, great minds think alike.

Yawn....

"A projection of the true presidential seal was centered behind Trump’s name as he walked onstage. The true seal was also on the lectern where the president spoke for 80 minutes."

Slow day in the leftist universe?

Old Yesterday, 05:49 PM

13,712 posts, read 7,475,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Man that one was a classic and the fact that he stood in front of it for a long time and that the originator wasn’t actually an anti-Trump but one from their own Pro Trump group is even better comedy
Reading comprehension, dear. The man is and has always been a Never Trumper.

Old Yesterday, 06:06 PM

5,121 posts, read 2,248,034 times
even if I was a die hard Trump fan I would find this worthy of praise...……..Great goon......

Old Today, 06:48 AM

35,812 posts, read 10,617,840 times
How did he end up in front of it? That's the media's question, but it shouldn't be lol.

This wasn't an official seal which was defaced. Obviously, someone dug up Leazott's political art, and that's what was projected behind Trump--for about a minute--as he spoke, and that person was "let go."

Leazott essentially admits to being a RINO turned butt-hurt Never Trumper, both in the imagery chosen for the art, and his comments about how he felt immediately after Trump's 2016 election (). Though he didn't authorize its use, he's making money off it now with t-shirt sales, fickle Dems having abandoned the Kamala Harris "I was that little girl" image.

The only question people should be asking, is what in the world would have happened had someone projected an image of an altered seal behind Obama during his presidency, with art by his critics: Muslim loyalties, 57 states, the eagle clinging to "guns and religion"--with some arugula in one talon for good measure...

The possibilities are endless in political art, which can be very amusing. Oh, but to answer my own question, The world would've come to a friggin' end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or