Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 11:30 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Proof that Trump Haters are babies.

They deface the Presidential Seal because they are mad about being proven wrong, yet again, about Russian Collusion.
Seems pretty spot on to me.

Trump is a puppet of Putin.
Trump has played golf on his courses at taxpayer cost for 25% of his entire presidency.
The right claw full of cash is the result of his presidency and what he thinks it's worth to him.
He has turned our government into a two headed authoritarian theocracy.
The only thing left out of the seal was a prominent image of rampant nepotism nesting under the eagle.

I used to film speakers for a company who prepped spokespeople, prior to giving national press conferences. Knowing your background was considered critical to the learning process. We used to put up posters behind the student that ran totally counter to the message they wanted to give to see if they would catch it. They only had to make that mistake once and after that they always checked their background before the cameras rolled.
Once a spokesman for the logging industry in Oregon was speaking to the national press about sensible logging of old growth Oregon forests and someone had placed a 4 foot poster of a timber clear cut of old growth forest with a pile of dead spotted owls in the foreground.
That was the last time that guy ever spoke for the logging industry.

It was Trump's responsibility to know his background and if he didn't, then his advance people should have, unless he was speaking in front of a green screen where anything can be inserted into the background after the fact.

This major faux pas just shows that we have the leadership of a self absorbed idiot leading a team of very stupid people.
It also shows we have some very savvy young people coming up the ranks, so there's still hope for the future.

Just my thoughts on the incident based on professional experience.

Last edited by mohawkx; 07-25-2019 at 11:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2019, 11:41 AM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Appears to have been the event's responsibility. In other news, TP USA hires morons. (Who ever could have guessed...)

Quote:
"One of our video team members did a Google Image search for a high-res png (file) presidential seal," a source familiar with the incident said, adding that the individual "did the search and with the pressure of the event, didn't notice that it is a doctored seal."
I guess we should all be thankful he had Safe Search turned on.

Old 07-25-2019, 11:48 AM

15,796 posts, read 20,499,262 times
Not buying that excuse.

Usually google searching turns up the most popular hits. I had to look down quite a bit to find the doctored image, although now that this story is off and running it's popping up near the top now.

Old 07-25-2019, 12:01 PM

9,880 posts, read 7,209,711 times
What kind of idiot has to use google to find the logo of his employer???

Old 07-25-2019, 12:11 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
What kind of idiot has to use google to find the logo of his employer???
Only the very best of idiots; would be my guess.

Old 07-25-2019, 12:15 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Not buying that excuse.

Usually google searching turns up the most popular hits. I had to look down quite a bit to find the doctored image, although now that this story is off and running it's popping up near the top now.
I'll grant them Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Old 07-25-2019, 12:25 PM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post

I guess we should all be thankful he had Safe Search turned on.

Old 07-25-2019, 12:25 PM

16,082 posts, read 10,744,030 times
A "moon shot" of a different sort. This is a classic.

Old 07-25-2019, 12:33 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,936,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
A "moon shot" of a different sort. This is a classic.
Agreed. An unsung hero of the patriotic resistance now walks among us. Who knew?

Old 07-25-2019, 12:39 PM

4,865 posts, read 4,179,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Agreed. An unsung hero of the patriotic resistance now walks among us. Who knew?
He/she is probably hanging out with the chick who gave Trump's motorcade the bird. We salute you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies