Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 04:00 PM

2,180 posts, read 639,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I don't see her trashing America at all. I see her exposing our warts as only a Muslim woman of color from another country originally could do. I see her trying to make this country greater than it is. You may disagree with her. It's a free country after all. But I dont see her as hating America like many of us try to paint her as doing. I honestly did not know much about her until the Trump attacks starting coming. But overall from what I have seen, I am in her corner more than his. Go head. Attack me for that. I don't care.

Honestly, she's the wrong messenger. A "woman of color from a Muslim country"... especially one who STILL embraces the religion that makes her home country a trash heap.... is precisely someone who DOESN'T get to "expose our warts."

Thank you but no thank you. I DO NOT respect the opinion of someone who literally wears a symbol of oppressive patriarchy and regressive society on her head day in, day out. She has zero moral authority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2019, 04:00 PM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I don't see her trashing America at all. I see her exposing our warts as only a Muslim woman of color from another country originally could do. I see her trying to make this country greater than it is. You may disagree with her. It's a free country after all. But I dont see her as hating America like many of us try to paint her as doing. I honestly did not know much about her until the Trump attacks starting coming. But overall from what I have seen, I am in her corner more than his. Go head. Attack me for that. I don't care.
Completely agree. I see her as wanting to improve the nation.

Old 07-25-2019, 04:03 PM

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Where is the article?

I see nothing problematic in those statements. They are true. The U.S. is a highly racialized society. One does have to learn to be “black.” Of course, it would be shock to experience prejudice for being Muslim as she came from a predominantly Muslim society.
WTF does that even mean? Let me guess, you were the type who watched Fresh Prince of Bel Aire and thought Carlton was a sell out or not a real Black person because he didn't listen to rap or talk ghetto.

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
No link. She went through the immigration processs and became an American citizen. The basic premise here seems to be a blind allegiance to a particular President or political party. If not you lose your freedom of speech rights and must leave the country. Real patriots see the problems this country faces and try to make America better place to live in.
This. Holding America's reality up against America's ideals should be encouraged. This goes for every country, organization or individual on the planet.

11,988 posts, read 5,289,311 times
I read the op-ed and saw nothing in it that could be remotely construed as an attack on this country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Completely agree. I see her as wanting to improve the nation.

"More respect and deference for followers of a regressive and backwards ideologies" is not "improving the nation."

We are a great place to live because we are NOT a part of the world she came from. We provide more opportunity to minorities than any country where people who look and believe like her are in control of things.

Frankly, she needs to take notes. Not give lessons.

Old 07-25-2019, 04:04 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Roll eyes.

If you are a member of congress you forfeit any chance to say the US does not meet your expectations.

The biggest problem to what Omar said, is it is never accepted to call racism to racists. Trump has said far too many race-baiting and if not outright racist comments, but yet many defend him. Now throw in systematic or casual racist remarks and people disagree. Hell people didn't like the Brad Paisley "Accidental Racist" song he did a few years ago. People don't like hearing that they are naked like the Emperor.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 07-26-2019 at 10:11 AM.. Reason: Trump is NOT the topic

Old 07-25-2019, 04:05 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,289,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
Honestly, she's the wrong messenger. A "woman of color from a Muslim country"... especially one who STILL embraces the religion that makes her home country a trash heap.... is precisely someone who DOESN'T get to "expose our warts."

Thank you but no thank you. I DO NOT respect the opinion of someone who literally wears a symbol of oppressive patriarchy and regressive society on her head day in, day out. She has zero moral authority.
So you’re attacking her for her religion. Got it.

Old 07-25-2019, 04:30 PM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Omar and the rest of the Jihad Squad are rabidly anti American, racially prejudiced against white people (citizens), and appeal to the lowest of the low in America.

Old 07-25-2019, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
So you’re attacking her for her religion. Got it.

As opposed to what? Something she CAN'T control about herself, like her skin color or sex? No, see, that's what OMAR and the LEFT likes to do, when they malign white PEOPLE instead of CHOSEN attributes like ideologies. See for example: Another flashback - Ilness Omar: 'Our country should be more fearful of white men'

Ilhan Omar chooses to abide by a regressive and socially retarded religion that has demonstrably poor outcomes for any society that adheres to it...and then deigns to lecture "America" on how to "do better." She needs to do some real self reflection on that one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies