U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2019, 08:19 AM

10,291 posts, read 6,319,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Not big on the founding ideals of this country, is he?

I'm sorry, this image that will be forever etched in my mind is one of the many reasons I have a bias towards the Islamic ideology. Whether it is right or wrong, it is how I feel.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/SMDkvJRHaNM/maxresdefault.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2019, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
She's allowed to believe whatever trashheap religion she wants to believe in. That's all the "founding ideals" say. I have no problem with her living her truth, but I can certainly point out how stupid her truth is, and how it precludes her from casting stones while living in a hijab covered glass house.

But, no, not big on religion at all. Especially not Islam, which is probably top 2 or 3 dumbest religions on the planet (and by a long mile, most destructive in today's world). That's my right in this country. Founding ideal, right?: To be free to worship as one pleases, or to not worship at all. That means I give no special deference to people who use their sky daddies as shields from criticism.

And yeah, I would respect a religion based on worship of giant rock phalluses more than I do a religion started by a 7th century warlord-pedophile who claims god spoke to him in the Arabian desert.

That's because where Islam goes, "ideals" die. Freedom dies. LGBT people die. Rights die.

Surely you're not so ignorant of contemporary trends and history to understand this.

Couldn't rep you again, but very well said and I feel exactly the same.

Old 07-26-2019, 08:26 AM

3,421 posts, read 4,357,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjinnj View Post
When a white man takes a plane and flys it into Meccah during the Hadj we can have that conversation, until than...
What about all the white me who bombed or terrorized black churches? Or synagogues?

Do they count not count?

I think Omar is a dolt who needs to get a handle on some level of emotional or mental distress. But I also think patriotism does not mean ignoring current or historical problems in our country.

Old 07-26-2019, 08:28 AM

8,925 posts, read 8,003,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I'm sorry, this image that will be forever etched in my mind is one of the many reasons I have a bias towards the Islamic ideology. Whether it is right or wrong, it is how I feel.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/SMDkvJRHaNM/maxresdefault.jpg

I'm sorry, this image that will be forever etched in my mind is one of the many reasons I have a bias towards the Christian ideology. Whether it is right or wrong, it is how I feel.

https://www.blockislandtimes.com/sit...nchingtree.jpg (NSFW)

That's how ridiculous your post is.

Old 07-26-2019, 09:20 AM

347 posts, read 48,052 times
Quote:
Islam has been here, in our secular nation, for a long time. Freedom hasn't died.

Stop your fearmongering.

It's always been less than 1% in this country. Where it hopefully stays around that number. And hopefully we continue to only import the educated and secular minded ones. When you don't, you get Ilhan Omar's district, which is specially known as a terrorist recruitment hotspot. And if you think, "nah, can't happen here," then you can always turn your attention to Europe and see the strife developing in places where the percentages are breaching 10% and climbing. Just wait as the fun is just beginning.

Honestly, your type needs to stop being ignorant of contemporary and world history. Maybe you can start your research and see what happened in Lebanon in the 20th century as the religious demographics flipped. Same people, same race, same ethnicity... different religion = different outcomes. From the "Paris of the Middle East" to... well... the Middle East.

Imagine everyone was converting to the Westboro Baptist Church, and their influence in society was growing. I doubt you'd be shrugging your shoulders.

You luvvies wouldn't move to any majority-Muslim nation and expect your hug-it-out mentality to be embraced.

It's baked into the supremacist bread of the religion. The more hijabs in the streets, the less freedom in the sheets. Understand this next time you think it's "Stunning and Brave" to see more and more burkas and mosques popping up across the western world.

Old 07-26-2019, 09:25 AM

Quote:
I'm sorry, this image that will be forever etched in my mind is one of the many reasons I have a bias towards the Christian ideology. Whether it is right or wrong, it is how I feel.

https://www.blockislandtimes.com/sit...nchingtree.jpg (NSFW)

That's how ridiculous your post is.

Pathetic...SMH

You could have at least kept on topic and brought up when the Puritans went on a killing spree targeting "witches" but you had to go with a color thing...

Old 07-26-2019, 09:36 AM

Quote:
It's always been less than 1% in this country. Where it hopefully stays around that number. And hopefully we continue to only import the educated and secular minded ones. When you don't, you get Ilhan Omar's district, which is specially known as a terrorist recruitment hotspot. And if you think, "nah, can't happen here," then you can always turn your attention to Europe and see the strife developing in places where the percentages are breaching 10% and climbing. Just wait as the fun is just beginning.

Honestly, your type needs to stop being ignorant of contemporary and world history. Maybe you can start your research and see what happened in Lebanon in the 20th century as the religious demographics flipped. Same people, same race, same ethnicity... different religion = different outcomes. From the "Paris of the Middle East" to... well... the Middle East.

Imagine everyone was converting to the Westboro Baptist Church, and their influence in society was growing. I doubt you'd be shrugging your shoulders.

You luvvies wouldn't move to any majority-Muslim nation and expect your hug-it-out mentality to be embraced.

It's baked into the supremacist bread of the religion. The more hijabs in the streets, the less freedom in the sheets. Understand this next time you think it's "Stunning and Brave" to see more and more burkas and mosques popping up across the western world.

I'd love for that poster to sit down and talk with some friends of mine that had their entire family, 3 generations worth uprooted and relocated here. They are Chaldeans from Iraq. In a nutshell they said the same thing. As long as the percentage of Muslims is kept low, they will coexist, once the tables start tipping, it all goes bad. Some people will just never get it.

Old 07-26-2019, 10:59 AM

37,235 posts, read 16,196,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
No link. She went through the immigration processs and became an American citizen. The basic premise here seems to be a blind allegiance to a particular President or political party. If not you lose your freedom of speech rights and must leave the country. Real patriots see the problems this country faces and try to make America better place to live in.
"She went through the immigration processs" and is being investigated to see if she told the TRUTH.

Old 07-26-2019, 11:03 AM

347 posts, read 48,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I'd love for that poster to sit down and talk with some friends of mine that had their entire family, 3 generations worth uprooted and relocated here. They are Chaldeans from Iraq. In a nutshell they said the same thing. As long as the percentage of Muslims is kept low, they will coexist, once the tables start tipping, it all goes bad. Some people will just never get it.

There's a Canadian Professor, Gad Saad, whose family were Jewish refugees who had to flee Lebanon. He tells a story that should be a cautionary tale for anyone. He has excellent videos on Youtube and is a free speech, anti-PC advocate.

I just don't understand the Islamophilia on the left. It's literally poison to democracy and freedom. In terms of social attitudes in America the average American Muslim has the same opinions as the hardest sects of evangelical Christians. And WE supposedly have a better-than-educated contingent to help moderate those numbers.

In Britain a majority of British Muslims want homosexuality criminalized again. This, in so-called "secular societies" is troubling. In other parts of western Europe the most regressive attitudes, anti-homosexual hate crimes and anti-semitism is not primarily found "on the right" anymore, but from the growing contingent of Muslims.

France is emptying out of Jews the way the Middle East is of Christians. And the Jews aren't pointing to "neo Nazis" or "nationalists" as the source of their woes. And yet, American and Canadian leftists cheer the spread of the cancer to this hemisphere.

If we can't manage to secularize and make atheists out of the Middle East and North Africa fast enough, the only places that will probably be spared being irreversibly affected by this hijrah in the next 100 years end will be Latin America and East Asia.

Old 07-26-2019, 11:07 AM

5,626 posts, read 1,503,101 times
Quote:
There's a Canadian Professor, Gad Saad, whose family were Jewish refugees who had to flee Lebanon. He tells a story that should be a cautionary tale for anyone. He has excellent videos on Youtube and is a free speech, anti-PC advocate.

I just don't understand the Islamophilia on the left.
It's literally poison to democracy and freedom. In terms of social attitudes in America the average American Muslim has the same opinions as the hardest sects of evangelical Christians. And WE supposedly have a better-than-educated contingent to help moderate those numbers.

In Britain a majority of British Muslims want homosexuality criminalized again. This, in so-called "secular societies" is troubling. In other parts of western Europe the most regressive attitudes, anti-homosexual hate crimes and anti-semitism is not primarily found "on the right" anymore, but from the growing contingent of Muslims.

France is emptying out of Jews the way the Middle East is of Christians. And the Jews aren't pointing to "neo Nazis" or "nationalists" as the source of their woes. And yet, American and Canadian leftists cheer the spread of the cancer to this hemisphere.

If we can't manage to secularize and make atheists out of the Middle East and North Africa fast enough, the only places that will probably be spared being irreversibly affected by this hijrah in the next 100 years end will be Latin America and East Asia.
Those on the left see every situation through the dichotomy of exploited/exploiter and have to by their nature take the side that they believe to be exploited. In this case, they view Muslims as being exploited or powerless and the West/America/Western Culture, etc as being the exploiters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies