U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 09:18 AM

28,599 posts, read 15,522,865 times

Advertisements

Department Of Justice Announces the Release of 3,100 Inmates Under First Step Act

Over 3,100 federal prison inmates will be released from the Bureau of Prisons’ (BOP) custody as a result of the increase in good conduct time under the Act. In addition, the Act’s retroactive application of the Fair Sentencing Act of 2010 (reducing the disparity between crack cocaine and powder cocaine threshold amounts triggering mandatory minimum sentences) has resulted in 1,691 sentence reductions.

I think I read that Biden told told the NAACP that too many people of color were in prisons... he could have done more about this with Obama while in office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2019, 09:57 AM

4,768 posts, read 938,623 times
The only inmates I would be cautious of early release or outright refuse are those with violent crimes and those with sex crimes.

Old Today, 08:07 AM

28,599 posts, read 15,522,865 times
Posting this from back in April, since it has received virtually no attention.

One thing that was noted in how things can be synchronistic, is that the booming economy is giving employers the opportunity to hire the people coming out of prison. If the economy was lagging is employers weren't hiring, these people would be released with nothing to do and little hope.

Real remarks start around 6:00 into the video.

Old Today, 09:05 AM

50,947 posts, read 26,860,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Department Of Justice Announces the Release of 3,100 Inmates Under First Step Act

Over 3,100 federal prison inmates will be released from the Bureau of Prisons’ (BOP) custody as a result of the increase in good conduct time under the Act. In addition, the Act’s retroactive application of the Fair Sentencing Act of 2010 (reducing the disparity between crack cocaine and powder cocaine threshold amounts triggering mandatory minimum sentences) has resulted in 1,691 sentence reductions.

I think I read that Biden told told the NAACP that too many people of color were in prisons... he could have done more about this with Obama while in office.
And you were all for Obama releasing thousands of prisoners? That’s what you wanted at the time?

You right wingers wouldn’t have declared that Obama was “soft on crime?”

Old Today, 09:16 AM

11,901 posts, read 8,308,229 times
Wait a minute. I thought Trump was a racist so why would he approve of a prison reform plan that will give early release to prisoners? Does anyone know if the 3100 that are being set free are all white guys?

Why would a real racist help black people at all? Something is really fishy here? Either the Left is telling lies that Trump is a racist or the Left is telling lies that Trump is a racist??

Old Today, 09:18 AM

11,863 posts, read 6,357,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Wait a minute. I thought Trump was a racist so why would he approve of a prison reform plan that will give early release to prisoners? Does anyone know if the 3100 that are being set free are all white guys?

Why would a real racist help black people at all? Something is really fishy here? Either the Left is telling lies that Trump is a racist or the Left is telling lies that Trump is a racist??
The left has shown themselves to be real pieces of work with all the overtime work they do to play the race card. Imagine all the good that could be done if they used their talents to actually work with the other side to improve the lives of Americans.

Old Today, 09:19 AM

18,293 posts, read 9,016,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
The only inmates I would be cautious of early release or outright refuse are those with violent crimes and those with sex crimes.
I agree. I do think that a lot of non-violent criminals could be released. Drug USERS should not be in jail. They are clogging up the system.

Old Today, 09:19 AM

10,809 posts, read 2,775,574 times
If they were in prison on drug charges, they should be given reparations too.

Old Today, 09:23 AM

17,699 posts, read 11,255,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
And you were all for Obama releasing thousands of prisoners? That’s what you wanted at the time?

You right wingers wouldn’t have declared that Obama was “soft on crime?”
Haha, yep, can you imagine the outcry if Obama had done this ! They would have been all over him for "releasing his black buddies so they can rob and kill us all !"

I bet if Obama did any of the things that Trumpees cheer Trump for doing, he would have been called every name in the book. But if Trump does it, it is wonderful !

Old Today, 09:31 AM

11,901 posts, read 8,308,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
The left has shown themselves to be real pieces of work with all the overtime work they do to play the race card. Imagine all the good that could be done if they used their talents to actually work with the other side to improve thebkives of Americans.

Imagine if the Left would do an about face and instead of working to destroy our President they actually worked with him for the betterment of us all?

Imagine if the Dems would stop championing for the Rights of illegal alien asylum seeking migrants and instead worked to improve the situation for citizens and LEGAL immigrants.

I say if you do the crime then you should do the time but if you have shown that you have learned your lesson and been a model inmate then maybe you should get a break with early release.

I was listening to a show on NPR yesterday and they were spotlighting a guys sob story of how he has spent decades of his life in and out of prisons starting at the age of 22. He just kept getting arrested for selling drugs and at the ripe ole age of 50 he was out and turning his life around angry at drug dealers that would push the junk on his kids. I'd say better late then never.

The Dems really need to stop using the race card but it is all they seem to have. Trump called out Elijah Cummings for not helping his constituents and he was called a racist for doing so. What if the Elijah was white? What would they have called Trump then because what Trump said is true?

All the Dems have is the race card and they are so over playing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or