U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 10:58 PM

6,668 posts, read 6,868,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
That part I put in bold has to be one of the dumbest things I read recently. People, regardless of their gender like to be comfortable when the sit.
I am a big guy and find myself having one leg cocked to where my ankle is on top of my other leg close to the knee. I have no clue if that would be considered a microaggression or not, as I never even put any thought into how I sit.
So unless I am sitting in church or the like where others are sitting right next to me, I am going to spread out in any fashion that feels comfortable, snowflakes be damned.

To me this rubbish is just malcontents looking for something to complain or be offended about.

`

That's a reasonable way to sit. But if you were sitting manspread-style, airing your nuts, displaying your crotch, whatever, and someone (male or female) sat down next to you, would you squeeze in a bit to make room? Most normal men would, but the "microagression" guys wouldn't. Kind of an "Eff you, I'll sit how I like. Too bad if you only get 2/3 of the seat you paid for." Deliberately doing something to aggravate someone else is microaggression, as is refusing to see how your action is impacting another. Obesity doesn't apply; people don't get fat to **** you off, and they don't get fat in five seconds so they can aggravate you in public.

It's the same with bags. I pay attention to the people around me, and how I might make them uncomfortable, so I don't swing my bag around, and I don't try to set it next to me when there's someone sitting there. But it would be a microaggression if I used my bag as a way to annoy the person next to me.

Old 07-25-2019, 10:58 PM

3,098 posts, read 666,743 times
If I'm sitting on a bus or a bench and someone needs to sit beside me, I just move. No need for feminist engineered chairs.

Old 07-25-2019, 11:00 PM

3,098 posts, read 666,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
That's a reasonable way to sit. But if you were sitting manspread-style, airing your nuts, displaying your crotch, whatever, and someone (male or female) sat down next to you, would you squeeze in a bit to make room? Most normal men would, but the "microagression" guys wouldn't. Kind of an "Eff you, I'll sit how I like. Too bad if you only get 2/3 of the seat you paid for." Deliberately doing something to aggravate someone else is microaggression, as is refusing to see how your action is impacting another. Obesity doesn't apply; people don't get fat to **** you off, and they don't get fat in five seconds so they can aggravate you in public.

It's the same with bags. I pay attention to the people around me, and how I might make them uncomfortable, so I don't swing my bag around, and I don't try to set it next to me when there's someone sitting there. But it would be a microaggression if I used my bag as a way to annoy the person next to me.
You shouldn't give the term "microaggression" validation. It's a nonsense word made by those who gave us "homophobia" and "islamophobia."

Old 07-25-2019, 11:12 PM

6,668 posts, read 6,868,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
You shouldn't give the term "microaggression" validation. It's a nonsense word made by those who gave us "homophobia" and "islamophobia."

Enh, the word has been around since 1970, longer than many of the posters here. Not me; I'm a 60's baby.

Old 07-26-2019, 10:36 AM

35,659 posts, read 32,434,111 times
The only bad experience I've had with people is those that stink and giant fat people that can't help but take up two seats.

Old 07-26-2019, 10:46 AM

21,307 posts, read 10,239,998 times
Quote:

Men aren't sitting comfortably to annoy the person next to them.

There's no need to use manufactured bogus words and phrases, such as microaggression. People should be more considerate of their surroundings and the needs of the people around them. If they aren't, it's not done to annoy anyone, it's because they're inconsiderate or not paying attention.

Being considerate includes women understanding that men cannot sit the way they do.

Old 07-26-2019, 10:57 AM

27,833 posts, read 17,796,685 times
Quote:
Enh, the word has been around since 1970, longer than many of the posters here. Not me; I'm a 60's baby.
Could be-if so it's as stupid now as it was then.

Old 07-26-2019, 11:08 AM

370 posts, read 53,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1

Being considerate includes women understanding that men cannot sit the way they do.

Have you ever seen this from Steven Crowder?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG3K5346Uag

Old 07-26-2019, 11:23 AM

21,307 posts, read 10,239,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
Have you ever seen this from Steven Crowder?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG3K5346Uag
LMAO!!! I had NOT seen it - thanks for posting.

Great comeback to the guy who told him he should get more comfortable pants.

And I loved how Crowder's eyes glazed over when the same guy mentioned his white privilege.

Good clip. He changed the minds of the women rather quickly.

Old 07-29-2019, 06:55 PM

9,482 posts, read 4,341,680 times
Quote:

We do not wear kilts in America, so even if my crotch is open, I am not trying to display anything, just being comfortable.

As to the plane analogy, people also don't get tall to **** others off, but leg room is very important to us.

The type of people you describe are just inconsiderate jerks and probably many aspects of their lives is centered around themselves. So called microaggression has little to nothing to do with it.
It is just a made up PC term to try and justify a perceived grievance, most by snowflakes and feminists who want to deride men and their "toxic masculinity".

`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies