U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2019, 03:35 PM

12,946 posts, read 3,555,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
Its an online poll of 1000 voters. And they weighted to reflect overall national demographics- while there is nothing wrong with weighting it does not correlate to voters.

The other big issue is that it is a national poll. If Trump inched up by going to 90% approval in Tennessee, Alabama, South Dakota, and Wyoming, it does not mean he is in good shape electorally. The true measure will be where the numbers move in individual states. Gardner, Collins, and McBath are the three Rs in swing or D leaning states that will tell the tale in terms of Senate votes- along with Romney who is in a safe seat.

From 1998 to 2000 Clinton saw a post impeachment surge in support. The country then turned around and voted for the R instead of the VP would continue his legacy.

No, people in the right places electorally (as we are set up) voted for the R.

The country as a whole didn't vote for the R.

Gore got 543,895 more votes than Bush did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2019, 03:47 PM

10,360 posts, read 2,565,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Those Depolorables must have a lot of Money.

Trumps is being flooded by record contributions. Way more than the D Party.
Which tells us quite a bit about Trump's real constituency.

• They are billionaires
• They received enormously obscene tax cuts, from which they need donate only a small portion
• They are not interested in the needs of working class people. Working people work for them and are seen as costs, not assets.

The typical Trump voter can not afford to stay in a Trump hotel, not afford to golf at his resorts.

The typical Trump constituent, the people Trump supports and protects and who support Trump with big dollars, can typically afford to build hotels.

Those two (Trump and the big dark money donor class) are like hand and glove.

“... I don’t think I get enough credit for self-funding.”
Donald J. Trump

"I'm self-funding my campaign. I'm putting up my own money"
Donald J. Trump

"By self-funding my campaign, I am not controlled by my donors, special interests or lobbyists. I am only working for the people of the U.S.!"
Donald J. Trump

Old 10-03-2019, 03:48 PM

11,809 posts, read 4,338,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
I think American voters who stayed home in 2016 have learned their lesson. Apathy gets you Trump for President. Hope 2020 will be different.
A lot of those voters who stayed home last time will be voting for Trump this time.

Be careful what you ask for. You might just get it.

Old 10-03-2019, 03:48 PM

5,627 posts, read 1,581,292 times
Trump approval climbs to highest level of 2019 amid impeachment inquiry

Meaning, normal Americans look at the "evidence" the Democrats keep screaming about, read it, and realize there's nothing there. The Democrats are simply wrong. And the American people know it.

Old 10-03-2019, 03:50 PM

10,360 posts, read 2,565,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post

Meaning, normal Americans look at the "evidence" the Democrats keep screaming about, read it, and realize there's nothing there. The Democrats are simply wrong. And the American people know it.
I hope that you are encouraging everyone you know to read the evidence.

Old 10-03-2019, 03:52 PM

5,172 posts, read 1,375,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeo View Post
He's at 90% at trailer parks all across the south. They want to take their country back, dammit! I would use the language of the president of the united states, but it would get me banned. So nice for the children to hear.
Their vote counts just as much as some loser or rich person in PA. Did 2016 teach you nothing? Keep up this kind of crap.

Old 10-03-2019, 03:55 PM

35,554 posts, read 19,141,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
I think American voters who stayed home in 2016 have learned their lesson. Apathy gets you Trump for President. Hope 2020 will be different.

Wait wait wait....she got 3,00,000 more votes? Oh wait, we go by the electoral college.....not the "I fell special" vote.....also known as the "popular" vote....

Old 10-03-2019, 03:56 PM

20,546 posts, read 10,101,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post

Meaning, normal Americans look at the "evidence" the Democrats keep screaming about, read it, and realize there's nothing there.

actually trump's poll numbers steeply dropped this week ( the OP cherry-picked a single poll ).

does that change your opinion of what normal americans are seeing?

Old 10-03-2019, 03:58 PM

35,554 posts, read 19,141,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I hope that you are encouraging everyone you know to read the evidence.

Did you ever think, that is why it's going up? Not in the way you think....but those that actually read and comprehend the evidence.

Old 10-03-2019, 03:59 PM

17,362 posts, read 4,599,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
If the Democrat's "impeachment inquiry" attempt to harass President Trump out of office was in any way achieving its desired objective, his level of support from his base would be falling and falling noticeably. Instead, it is going up.

This latest politically motivated effort by the Democrat left to oust the duly elected President of the United States by non-electoral means is not having the desired effect. It is not working.
Why are you being silly?. Please look at the ski slope at the very end of this.
Easy.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ex_cid=rrpromo

I'll save you some trouble. Approval went DOWN from 43.1 to current 41.2
That is a MASSIVE move.

Disapproval headed up also.

Clear as a bell.

It doesn't matter how many times you claim something if it is not true.

Support for impeach is skyrocketing...even the reporters can't believe it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or