Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 10:26 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,585,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Well that’s strange because we have the lowest unemployment rate since the 60’s and new stock market highs yet he only got 52%, what’s the problem.
Here's why. Trump doesn't have nearly as much to do with the unemployment rate as many like to claim. Unemployment rates have been dropping since 2012. Now, the rate of workforce participation, that has been on the decline since 2007. The economy hasn't been good for everyone.

Old 07-26-2019, 12:00 AM

44,627 posts, read 61,603,272 times
Trumps approval rating in our community is only 17%. He's riding on the coattail of Obamas rising economy. And that economy is only benefiting the upper crust not the average Joe. Inflation is lowering the standards of the majority of low income, the retired and those dependent on limited incomes.

Old 07-26-2019, 12:21 AM

31,036 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
If 52% is soaring then I failed math.

The guy has a good (not great) economy, no new wars, no 9/11 type event, no major incidents requiring major action overseas. This has been the easiest Presidency since George HW Bush and still cannot get majority support.

All of his issues that keep him low are self-created. The guy likes to shoot himself in the foot for no reason. And don't blame the media for Trump's actions. Trump is an entire Media wing by himself with all his Twitter antics and rallies.
You said it! "no major incidents" No Destroying Countries like Libya, No trying depose other leaders like Assad, no Billion dollars worth of cruise missiles often hitting targets like a Dr. Without borders hospital, no releasing Terrorist back into the world!
Thank goodness we have Trump just "shooting his self in the foot" rather than "shooting" Innocents in Libya

Old 07-26-2019, 05:11 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,527,393 times
A Faux News poll. Next...

Old 07-26-2019, 05:20 AM

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
The problem is that over 90% of the msm coverage of him has been negative. If it was close to 50/50 imagine how high his numbers would be. I have always said the biggest collusion that we currently have is the msm and the democratic party. There is nothing objective about their reporting. There many instances of out right lies perpetuated by the media. It is all a coordinated effort to get rid of Trump. No president in modern history has had the level of negative reporting that has happened to Trump.
The reporting on the economy has been positive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Here's why. Trump doesn't have nearly as much to do with the unemployment rate as many like to claim. Unemployment rates have been dropping since 2012. Now, the rate of workforce participation, that has been on the decline since 2007. The economy hasn't been good for everyone.
I don't think that presidents have much to do with unemployment rates or the economy, they get too much credit and blame. We did get a bump from the tax cuts but I don't see another reason for the economy doing so well.

Old 07-26-2019, 07:15 AM

1,893 posts, read 1,009,702 times
Quote:
The low IQs (I love the poorly educated!) don't see it that way. They don't realize that he walked into a good thing. And they believe whatever comes out of his large piehole even though he has over 10,000 documented lies and mistruths.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ims-over-days/

Old 07-26-2019, 09:10 AM

16,078 posts, read 10,738,506 times
Fox News Poll, yawn. Means nothing.

Old 07-26-2019, 09:31 AM

669 posts, read 320,895 times
Quote:
While Presidents can only do so much, a stance of "businesses, do what you want, we're also cutting Obama mandates" makes businesses more 'free' in their spending decisions.

I'm not sure how much regulations are being cut but if many environmental rules are no longer being enforced or taken off the table, that also makes companies much more free in their spending in forrays into new markets. So I would argue there is definitely a party type feel boosting business spending and thus economic impact.

And seeing Trump openly criticize the FED, it is more firmly leading to a "we'll get bailed out" mentality and thus ok to take risk approach.

Old 07-26-2019, 10:13 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
I can't see Trump's approval going above 60%.
I can't see it going over 50%. Rasmussen has him now at 47%.

Old 07-26-2019, 10:19 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
The problem is that over 90% of the msm coverage of him has been negative. If it was close to 50/50 imagine how high his numbers would be. I have always said the biggest collusion that we currently have is the msm and the democratic party. There is nothing objective about their reporting. There many instances of out right lies perpetuated by the media. It is all a coordinated effort to get rid of Trump. No president in modern history has had the level of negative reporting that has happened to Trump.
Let's not forget no president in modern history ever acted like a 12-year-old bully either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies