U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2019, 10:24 AM

13,021 posts, read 3,303,257 times

Advertisements

How many ways can you fool some of the people most of the time? Let me count the ways...

"US government to pay farmers hurt by China trade war $16bn"

https://www.theguardian.com/business...trade-war-16bn

U.S. Growth Slows to 2.1% as Trade War Weighs on Businesses

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...s?srnd=premium

Just a bit more to add to the list...

What Trump is doing, for everyone to consider, please...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2019, 03:28 PM

9,725 posts, read 2,388,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
... No president in modern history has had the level of negative reporting that has happened to Trump.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Let's not forget no president in modern history ever acted like a 12-year-old bully either.
True.

I have always said, and on threads here many times, that Trump looks bad in the press because of himself. Trump literally gives the press what they report on.

He looks bad in the press because, well ... what he says and does looks bad. Of course he gets more negative reporting than his predecessors, he's Trump, and that's what he does.

Old 07-26-2019, 04:26 PM

20,029 posts, read 14,822,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
True.

I have always said, and on threads here many times, that Trump looks bad in the press because of himself. Trump literally gives the press what they report on.

He looks bad in the press because, well ... what he says and does looks bad. Of course he gets more negative reporting than his predecessors, he's Trump, and that's what he does.
Trump looks bad enough on his own, but when the press and the opposition jump on every platform they can find to try to make him look worse it just backfires on them.

I mean how in the world could it be humanly possible for Trump to be a Nazi, A Communist, a Putin Spy, a warlord, an Idiot, a genius for beating Hillary, a Nationalist, a Rapist, a Psy Grabber, a Pee-Gater, an Anti-gay Jew, anti black, a sell out to Israel, a sell out to Saudi Arabia...etc. etc etc. Pretty much impossible

Old 07-27-2019, 10:52 AM

13,021 posts, read 3,303,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Trump looks bad enough on his own, but when the press and the opposition jump on every platform they can find to try to make him look worse it just backfires on them.

I mean how in the world could it be humanly possible for Trump to be a Nazi, A Communist, a Putin Spy, a warlord, an Idiot, a genius for beating Hillary, a Nationalist, a Rapist, a Psy Grabber, a Pee-Gater, an Anti-gay Jew, anti black, a sell out to Israel, a sell out to Saudi Arabia...etc. etc etc. Pretty much impossible
"Backfires?"

I'm not so sure the effort backfires except with those who can't even consider the reasons for the most legitimate criticisms, but when so many people can't even do that, I suppose there is the inclination to turn to extremes. I'm not sure some of these charges, like sell out, are all that extreme, but I used to wonder the same thing about how Obama could be a "black foreign-born Muslim, Communist, out to ruin the country," but needless to say, it's all quite plausible for lots of people to think in these ways.

Trump lead the birther nonsense after all, along with a whole lot of other nonsense for a long time now. Obama didn't do that sort of thing. Sometimes "what comes around goes around." Obama didn't look near as bad on his own like you correctly say about Trump either. Given all the nonsense Trump has been dishing out, whatever exaggerated claims Trump finds himself defending against now, he deserves in spades! Like few if any presidents before him.

Last edited by LearnMe; 07-27-2019 at 11:35 AM..

Old 08-05-2019, 08:34 PM

7,217 posts, read 5,470,139 times
Trump's high approval ratings are double digits lower than any modern president in history. All sane Americans know actually why. It ain't the economy.

Latest Trump Job Approval Rating at 42%
https://news.gallup.com/poll/262694/...al-rating.aspx

Old 08-05-2019, 08:41 PM

18,210 posts, read 18,000,005 times
The trade war I think could be the end of him. I think Xi Jinping realizes all he has to do is fight tit for tat. Both countries will go into a recession. Both countries will have stock market crashes. Only one of them needs to win an election though. Trump will have to either accept China's terms or lose to the Democrat.

Old 08-05-2019, 09:26 PM

23,573 posts, read 12,451,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Trumps approval rating soars with his handling of the economy and report it is the BEST since 2001!

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox...est-in-decades
Rasmeussen -- usually the most biased poll says 48 -- for the last three weeks

Old 08-05-2019, 09:28 PM

3,793 posts, read 3,112,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dovetail80 View Post
Lol, Trump could murder people and win 2020 in a landslide
Turning Midwest farmers into welfare recipients will be a hard mischeivement to overcome.

Old 08-05-2019, 09:29 PM

6,574 posts, read 12,754,175 times
There will be outlier polls that swing really far in either direction. To get the most accurate figure you have to get an aggregate of all reliable polling. FiveThirtyEight keeps an ongoing tally and has Trump’s approval at 42.4% currently.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...roval-ratings/

Old 08-05-2019, 09:30 PM

23,573 posts, read 12,451,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
There will be outlier polls that swing really far in either direction. To get the most accurate figure you have to get an aggregate of all reliable polling. FiveThirtyEight keeps an ongoing tally and has Trumpís approval at 42.4% currently.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...roval-ratings/
And while the exact number can be argued -- the trend is important....and he's holding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or