U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old Today, 04:37 PM
Status: "I hate living in Georgia!!" (set 24 days ago)
 
48,315 posts, read 45,605,417 times
Reputation: 15374

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
[From the linked article:]


So there you have it: diversity leads to increased crime.
Then what is your solution to get the crime rate down, that helps everyone?

 
Old Today, 04:37 PM
 
Location: USA
18,154 posts, read 8,981,960 times
Reputation: 13607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Quite possibly the most ridiculous post ever.
Exactly. The Hilton Hotel is NOT a "high crime area", and even if it were that does NOT justify violence.
 
Old Today, 04:40 PM
Status: "I hate living in Georgia!!" (set 24 days ago)
 
48,315 posts, read 45,605,417 times
Reputation: 15374
I don't like what those thugs did. You attack someone unprovoked, you deserved to have hands laid on you violently. Or get shot in self defense. All of that aside, I'm at a point where I should be asking myself this question: Why should I care if a bunch of people are going to fear me as a Black man because of what other Black males have done? What good is that going to do me? I can't stop those thugs. I can call the police on them and have their butts locked up. However, I can't do much more. I get crime is a huge problem. On the other hand, with some people using this as "this is why we avoid Black people" (and I say some because not everyone is doing this on this thread), I have had to ask myself this. Why do I care so much? Why should I be bothered at all that there are people who are going to treat me like a threat?
 
Old Today, 04:47 PM
 
17,143 posts, read 8,691,641 times
Reputation: 9872
Although ABC is fake news, they just reported: “officials now think they were older teens” and not 13yo as previously reported. I doubt anyone will be id’d
 
Old Today, 05:00 PM
Status: "I hate living in Georgia!!" (set 24 days ago)
 
48,315 posts, read 45,605,417 times
Reputation: 15374
I thought about something. I haven't heard it said but I thought of something. I wonder how many persons want to see Black people banned from walking around certain areas. There was a time period where this was actually THE LAW in some places. I'm glad that those days are over. However, I do consider that after this attack, and several attacks like this in other cities, that there are people who would love to see this happen. I don't think I should care if people don't like me. Caring too much has caused alot of issues related to stress. However, anyone who believes this problem should be solved be curtailing freedom of movement based on race, that is a problem, a big one.
 
Old Today, 05:05 PM
 
4,688 posts, read 1,238,308 times
Reputation: 2180
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I thought about something. I haven't heard it said but I thought of something. I wonder how many persons want to see Black people banned from walking around certain areas. There was a time period where this was actually THE LAW in some places. I'm glad that those days are over. However, I do consider that after this attack, and several attacks like this in other cities, that there are people who would love to see this happen. I don't think I should care if people don't like me. Caring too much has caused alot of issues related to stress. However, anyone who believes this problem should be solved be curtailing freedom of movement based on race, that is a problem, a big one.
Continued attacks like this one lead to "no loitering" laws so that is what ends up happening. You don't have a reason to be there? Then move along. Color should not be the reason.
 
Old Today, 05:12 PM
Status: "I hate living in Georgia!!" (set 24 days ago)
 
48,315 posts, read 45,605,417 times
Reputation: 15374
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Continued attacks like this one lead to "no loitering" laws so that is what ends up happening. You don't have a reason to be there? Then move along. Color should not be the reason.
I'm just considering what some people might be thinking. We have "no loitering" laws in several cities. I think DC has "no loitering" laws. Race shouldn't be the reason. However, because these were Black youths doing this, and this has happened in other cities, I have to consider that some people would want to see "no Blacks allowed" revived again.
 
Old Today, 05:12 PM
 
9,967 posts, read 6,905,005 times
Reputation: 4226
If rain is wet.....then whites are not getting wet from from rain because you are white. Ergo, if blacks are violent then whites are not victims of black violence because they are white. I can say it many different ways.



The people who are always reacting to black crime against whites as "hate crimes" is akin to saying that the reason its raining is to get white people wet, based upon my previous analogy. By conservative white folks already having characterized blacks as "violent", based upon statistics they love to talk about, you have inadvertently discredited your argument that black crime against whites is motivated by race.



Now, this is not to say that there are not black crimes against whites motivated by race....because there are. However, one is inclined to believe that those with criminal propensity are equal opportunity predators and whoever is in their proximity, racially, will be the victims. Its just a matter of being in the right or wrong place.....at the wrong time.
 
Old Today, 05:16 PM
 
4,688 posts, read 1,238,308 times
Reputation: 2180
Don't attack people no matter what color their color, or yours. How hard is that? No excuse for it EVER.
 
Old Today, 05:18 PM
 
2,904 posts, read 626,089 times
Reputation: 1871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
If rain is wet.....then whites are not getting wet from from rain because you are white. Ergo, if blacks are violent then whites are not victims of black violence because they are white. I can say it many different ways.



The people who are always reacting to black crime against whites as "hate crimes" is akin to saying that the reason its raining is to get white people wet, based upon my previous analogy. By conservative white folks already having characterized blacks as "violent", based upon statistics they love to talk about, you have inadvertently discredited your argument that black crime against whites is motivated by race.



Now, this is not to say that there are not black crimes against whites motivated by race....because there are. However, one is inclined to believe that those with criminal propensity are equal opportunity predators and whoever is in their proximity, racially, will be the victims. Its just a matter of being in the right or wrong place.....at the wrong time.
In the Current Year, if a white person assaults or kills a "person of color," the assumption is that the motivation was "racism."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top