U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Today, 05:19 PM

48,314 posts, read 45,605,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Don't attack people no matter what color their color, or yours. How hard is that? No excuse for it EVER.
I'm not saying anyone should attack anyone. Those idiots are wrong for what they did, period. They should be in prison for what they did. That's called assault.

Old Today, 05:21 PM

4,688 posts, read 1,238,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'm not saying anyone should attack anyone. Those idiots are wrong for what they did, period. They should be in prison for what they did. That's called assault.
Oh my comment wasn't for you. It was for IS.

Old Today, 05:22 PM

2,904 posts, read 626,089 times
I tell people to be circumspect in their travels, to try to avoid places that are "vibrant." Looks like now there is a need to simply stay away from certain cities no matter if they have been safe in the past or not.

Old Today, 05:25 PM

20,968 posts, read 10,130,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'm just considering what some people might be thinking. We have "no loitering" laws in several cities. I think DC has "no loitering" laws. Race shouldn't be the reason. However, because these were Black youths doing this, and this has happened in other cities, I have to consider that some people would want to see "no Blacks allowed" revived again.
Don't let your imagination run wild, G_M - that's never going to happen. It would be in violation of your civil rights.

Old Today, 05:28 PM

48,314 posts, read 45,605,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Don't let your imagination run wild, G_M - that's never going to happen. It would be in violation of your civil rights.
Well, growing up around the kind of environment that I did, I don't think it's farfetched for me to consider this. I went to school with a few kids who threatened to hang me from a rope. I've also seen some individuals post some ugly things here. I remember one person who claimed "Jim Crow laws were to protect White people". I'm simply consider that a few people "could" be thinking about such things. Not talking about everyone. It would be a violation of civil rights and there would be law suits. I'm saying there are some people who would love to see bad things happen.

Old Today, 05:49 PM

9,971 posts, read 8,220,107 times
If it was a black man savagely attacked by a group of white teens this would have received instant wall to wall coverage with calls of racist attack. But because itís a white man savagely attacked by a group of black teens the story barely trickled out and no national calls of racism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or