U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Today, 01:04 PM

4,720 posts, read 925,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Picture this. A bunch of black youth are in the park having a water balloon fight. I white guys comes into the park and gets hit by a water balloon. What is the probability that he got hit with the balloon because he was white vs the probability that he got hit with the balloon because he got in the middle of a water balloon fight?

If you go into a high crime area.....crime happens to people. You should not have some sort of false expectation that your color should somehow be a shield that protects you from what others are experiencing. Again.....sounds like the expectation of white privilege.
More than likely, it was because the White guy was in the middle of the fight. If the roles were reversed, an SJW might say because it was the victim(s) were Black.

Old Today, 01:06 PM

19,400 posts, read 12,289,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
So you're saying non-blacks should profile and stay out of black neighborhoods and move to the other side of the street if they see groups of black youth?

Depends on the age and circumstance. If it was a group of adult black couples, I would not even give them a second glance, nor would they me.

If I saw a large group of teen blacks approaching me on a city street, you can bet I would have my hand on my .40 cal Sig in my breast pocket. I would first attempt to cross the street to avoid conflict; if followed and aggressively pursued, I would pull the piece.

Which kind of animal would you avoid? A kitten or a rattlesnake? Why?

Old Today, 01:10 PM
miu

17,189 posts, read 34,695,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
This is exactly why Democrats gets so much push back on Gun Control. If you see these things happen too many times, you start to think, i need to carry a gun!
The other reason for the push back is that the Dems want to take guns away from law abiding gun owners first... IMO they need to take away guns out of the hands of the criminal element first.

And I think this way... even though I am not even a gun owner!

Old Today, 01:13 PM

7,749 posts, read 2,466,757 times
Hope they find the perps.

And it doesn’t look like all of the perps are black either. So not sure why that’s the only focus...

Also, something happened prior to this. You can tell in the beginning of the video, the first perp seems to ask if that is the man? Gets confirmation and hits him. Then a bunch of young people run up after, guys and girls. Yes, it’s wrong but I wonder what the story is behind this.

Old Today, 01:18 PM

9,967 posts, read 6,905,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
More than likely, it was because the White guy was in the middle of the fight. If the roles were reversed, an SJW might say because it was the victim(s) were Black.

In the reverse case its usually that the water balloon fight did not get started until the black person showed up.

Old Today, 01:22 PM

13,692 posts, read 7,461,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Picture this. A bunch of black youth are in the park having a water balloon fight. I white guys comes into the park and gets hit by a water balloon. What is the probability that he got hit with the balloon because he was white vs the probability that he got hit with the balloon because he got in the middle of a water balloon fight?

If you go into a high crime area.....crime happens to people. You should not have some sort of false expectation that your color should somehow be a shield that protects you from what others are experiencing. Again.....sounds like the expectation of white privilege.

Except that is not what happened. At. All.

The two hotel guests were walking through the lot into their hotel entrance. The attackers followed them TO the hotel entrance where they beat and stomped on one and beat the second one when he tried to intervene. It wouldn’t kill you to acknowledge the truth in this situation.

Deflection fail.

Old Today, 01:23 PM

18,158 posts, read 8,981,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
So 2 men get savagely attacked and you blame it on lefties? How do you know it won't be listed as a hate crime?

Yes, because the LEFTIST Media hides the truth. They are scum.

Old Today, 01:33 PM

7,749 posts, read 2,466,757 times
Here’s a better article. 13 and 14 years olds. Wonder where the parents were...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...1.html%3famp=y

And it was in DuPont Circle...oh boy. But as stated, something happen prior to the video.

Old Today, 01:33 PM

9,967 posts, read 6,905,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You're purposely being obtuse. FEW white people go into the ghettos in Chicago, yet many white people are victims of black on white crime. Why? Because crime is not contained in ghettos.

Don't come back and talk about profiling when someone suggests they avoid black males.

I have a dissonance between two popular points of view held by people such as yourself. On one hand people like you seem to suggest that blacks are prone to criminality and violence. Then on the other hand you are saying that when whites are victims of crime at the hands of blacks, then its because they were white. That is contradictory to me. Help me out. If blacks are prone to violence....then its not about the color of the victims....but rather, the color of the perpetrator. Right? If a person is violent its about proximity and not color. Whatever race that person is around will become victims....right? That certainly would explain why nearly all races commit a higher percentage of their violence against people of their own race. That is because the races tend to be around people of their own race more.....right?

I mean...if people like you are thinking that blacks are violent.....then why would you NOT expect them to be violent in an environment where whites are? Why does black violence towards white then become "hate crimes"? Why would the motive be anything different than when it was taking place in the proximity of other blacks and hence upon other blacks? It's only when one has the expectation being being exempt from what others are experiencing, because of their color, that leads to the term "white privilege". You have the expectation that despite black on black crime ravaging the black community (according to people like you)......no black should commit a crime against whites. You know that is how it used to be right? Laws and treatment were such that if a black commit a crime against a white person the punishment would be MUCH WORSE than had the black person did the same to another black person.

Old Today, 01:39 PM

18,158 posts, read 8,981,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Two words:

Concealed carry
Not allowed in D.C. That's why they are so emboldened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or