Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 01:41 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Not allowed in D.C. That's why they are so emboldened.

I tend to ignore those silly local rules.

I don't think there will be much of a penalty if you dropped someone who was going to kill you. Besides, I would rather pay a fine than be killed.

Old 07-25-2019, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I have a dissonance between two popular points of view held by people such as yourself. On one hand people like you seem to suggest that blacks are prone to criminality and violence. Then on the other hand you are saying that when whites are victims of crime at the hands of blacks, then its because they were white. That is contradictory to me. Help me out. If blacks are prone to violence....then its not about the color of the victims....but rather, the color of the perpetrator. Right? If a person is violent its about proximity and not color. Whatever race that person is around will become victims....right? That certainly would explain why nearly all races commit a higher percentage of their violence against people of their own race. That is because the races tend to be around people of their own race more.....right?

I mean...if people like you are thinking that blacks are violent.....then why would you NOT expect them to be violent in an environment where whites are? Why does black violence towards white then become "hate crimes"? Why would the motive be anything different than when it was taking place in the proximity of other blacks and hence upon other blacks? It's only when one has the expectation being being exempt from what others are experiencing, because of their color, that leads to the term "white privilege". You have the expectation that despite black on black crime ravaging the black community (according to people like you)......no black should commit a crime against whites. You know that is how it used to be right? Laws and treatment were such that if a black commit a crime against a white person the punishment would be MUCH WORSE than had the black person did the same to another black person.

I would expect a group of black teens to be violent regardless of the environment, as they often leave their neighborhoods to commit violence elsewhere. Ever been on the Chicago "Gold Coast" on Michigan Ave? A nice shopping area in a nice part of town; however, there are periodically groups of black "teens" that assault people there. Thus, if I was approached by a group of black teens on Michigan Ave:

1. first avoidance- cross the street or take a perpendicular turn

2. if followed with apparent intent toward malice, pull the piece and warn

3. If warning ignored, shoot a warning shot if time, if not, drop the first one and the rest will run

Given the history of black teenagers, who have a very high incidence of violent crime, such actions are prudent.

Old 07-25-2019, 01:45 PM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I tend to ignore those silly local rules.

I don't think there will be much of a penalty if you dropped someone who was going to kill you. Besides, I would rather pay a fine than be killed.
Nope. You carry illegally in D.C. then have to use your gun, your will GO TO JAIL, and not just for a few months. Serious jail time. But if these "youths" and "teens" get caught, nothing will happen to them of significance.

Old 07-25-2019, 01:49 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Quote:
I have a dissonance between two popular points of view held by people such as yourself. On one hand people like you seem to suggest that blacks are prone to criminality and violence. Then on the other hand you are saying that when whites are victims of crime at the hands of blacks, then its because they were white. That is contradictory to me. Help me out. If blacks are prone to violence....then its not about the color of the victims....but rather, the color of the perpetrator. Right? If a person is violent its about proximity and not color. Whatever race that person is around will become victims....right? That certainly would explain why nearly all races commit a higher percentage of their violence against people of their own race. That is because the races tend to be around people of their own race more.....right?

I mean...if people like you are thinking that blacks are violent.....then why would you NOT expect them to be violent in an environment where whites are? Why does black violence towards white then become "hate crimes"? Why would the motive be anything different than when it was taking place in the proximity of other blacks and hence upon other blacks? It's only when one has the expectation being being exempt from what others are experiencing, because of their color, that leads to the term "white privilege". You have the expectation that despite black on black crime ravaging the black community (according to people like you)......no black should commit a crime against whites. You know that is how it used to be right? Laws and treatment were such that if a black commit a crime against a white person the punishment would be MUCH WORSE than had the black person did the same to another black person.
You put a lot of words in other people's mouths.

I've never said black males were prone to violence, although the numbers support the fact that there's a high percentage of crime committed by black males. So since you brought it up, I'll agree with you.

I'm well aware that black thugs commit crimes against black people, too.

What I stated is that your narrative of crime being limited to the ghetto is a myth. Black thugs are committing crimes outside the ghetto, too, and when it's outside the ghetto, they're targeting white folks.

Got any other lies about what I've posted that I can clear up for you?

Old 07-25-2019, 01:53 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,704,134 times
Quote:
I would expect a group of black teens to be violent regardless of the environment, as they often leave their neighborhoods to commit violence elsewhere. Ever been on the Chicago "Gold Coast" on Michigan Ave? A nice shopping area in a nice part of town; however, there are periodically groups of black "teens" that assault people there. Thus, if I was approached by a group of black teens on Michigan Ave:

1. first avoidance- cross the street or take a perpendicular turn

2. if followed with apparent intent toward malice, pull the piece and warn

3. If warning ignored, shoot a warning shot if time, if not, drop the first one and the rest will run

Given the history of black teenagers, who have a very high incidence of violent crime, such actions are prudent.

Well then how do you feel its a hate/racial crime if blacks are just violent people? You are just throwing things to see if they stick. However, nothing you throw sticks to the truth.

Old 07-25-2019, 01:56 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,083,837 times
Quote:
This is a case study, actually, of white privilege.....being demonstrated by you. Why? The reason being is that on one hand you see blacks as prone to violence, based upon statistics, yet, despite you seeing blacks as violent (I have read many of your post) you expect whites to be exempt. If a community has a high rate of crime.....and you enter the community and become a victim of a crime.....don't take it personal.
You and your logic and reasoning! You common-sense thinking has no place here in the political section of City-Data!

Leave the far-right posters here alone and let them spread their message of hatred and racism!

Old 07-25-2019, 01:56 PM

3,372 posts, read 1,565,650 times
Quote:
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...agan-was-shot/

Of course, such acts are not listed as hate crimes, as they do not follow the leftist narrative.

These attacks by "youths" are becoming quite common.

That video and surveillance camera are racist. These youths were trying to get to the library to read and learn as fast as possible.

Old 07-25-2019, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Nope. You carry illegally in D.C. then have to use your gun, your will GO TO JAIL, and not just for a few months. Serious jail time. But if these "youths" and "teens" get caught, nothing will happen to them of significance.
Oh well- better than being dead.

I have carried in DC several times and thought nothing of it. Is Reagan outside of DC proper? I have flown in and had my handgun flown in (it is a little bit of a process) and they never said "boo" at the airport. Must not be in the city limits and in Alexandria or something. The last time I flew into DC was three years ago.

Old 07-25-2019, 01:58 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,259,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
this happened 11 days ago. why is it only now making the news? why only now is the DCPD asking for help in identifying the thugs?
That's right. If it was a bunch of skin-heads who beat up a black man -- it would be plastered all over the news the day after.

Old 07-25-2019, 02:00 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,092,773 times
Quote:
Oh well- better than being dead.

I have carried in DC several times and thought nothing of it. Is Reagan outside of DC proper? I have flown in and had my handgun flown in (it is a little bit of a process) and they never said "boo" at the airport. Must not be in the city limits and in Alexandria or something. The last time I flew into DC was three years ago.
Reagan National is in Arlington, Va. Carry is legal here with a permit which is easy to get if you have a clean record. Getting a permit in DC is another matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies