U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Today, 02:01 PM

1,210 posts, read 259,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
That's right. If it was a bunch of skin-heads who beat up a black man -- it would be plastered all over the news the day after.

If a group of whites smiled at any other demographic group it would be labeled as a racist microaggression and would be plastered all over the news immediately for 2-3 weeks.

Old Today, 02:01 PM

27,054 posts, read 19,160,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Picture this. A bunch of black youth are in the park having a water balloon fight. I white guys comes into the park and gets hit by a water balloon. What is the probability that he got hit with the balloon because he was white vs the probability that he got hit with the balloon because he got in the middle of a water balloon fight?

If you go into a high crime area.....crime happens to people. You should not have some sort of false expectation that your color should somehow be a shield that protects you from what others are experiencing. Again.....sounds like the expectation of white privilege.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Great theory! Unfortunately, these cockroaches aren't limiting their criminal activities to high crime areas. They're bringing it to wealthy areas. And you know that, but once again you need to find a way to blame whitey for getting his ass beaten.

Racism at its finest.
indentured would walk barefoot 100 miles across blazing sand to excuse black-on-white attacks.

Old Today, 02:10 PM

9,597 posts, read 4,379,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
That's right. If it was a bunch of skin-heads who beat up a black man -- it would be plastered all over the news the day after.
I'm not sure what's going on here. We have a conservative newspaper here (Washington Times) that I skim through a few times a week. And Fox has a local news station (WTTG channel 5) that I watch every night, and I haven't seen anything about this. But no question this story should have been reported on right away. And the "Hinckley Hilton" as we locals call it is in a "good part of town". As a musician I have worked that hotel many times through the years. Nothing like this has ever happened before.

Old Today, 02:13 PM

124 posts, read 82,817 times
Forget partisanship when it comes to the act. These individuals are complete trash.

My issue is that this will be contained to local news only. And quickly forgotten. BUT, if the races were reversed, we know exactly how much attention this would get. Narratives matter and in 2019, there is a clear narrative being pushed.

Old Today, 02:15 PM

27,054 posts, read 19,160,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I'm not sure what's going on here. We have a conservative newspaper here (Washington Times) that I skim through a few times a week. And Fox has a local news station (WTTG channel 5) that I watch every night, and I haven't seen anything about this. But no question this story should have been reported on right away. And the "Hinckley Hilton" as we locals call it is in a "good part of town". As a musician I have worked that hotel many times through the years. Nothing like this has ever happened before.
if the police don't release the info, then it doesn't matter how many potentially receptive news outlets there are.

Old Today, 02:19 PM

1,352 posts, read 330,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
This is a case study, actually, of white privilege.....being demonstrated by you. Why? The reason being is that on one hand you see blacks as prone to violence, based upon statistics, yet, despite you seeing blacks as violent (I have read many of your post) you expect whites to be exempt. If a community has a high rate of crime.....and you enter the community and become a victim of a crime.....don't take it personal.
This is nuts. Where are white mobs ganging up on a few blacks and beating them senseless?

Cant believe you defend this.

Old Today, 02:20 PM

433 posts, read 141,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
The style of attack is very much like what the Somali youths did when they were terrorizing the locals in Lewiston, Maine.

Looks like they reached "Knockout Game, Level II"

Old Today, 02:26 PM

1,352 posts, read 330,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
You and your logic and reasoning! You common-sense thinking has no place here in the political section of City-Data!

Leave the far-right posters here alone and let them spread their message of hatred and racism!
Youre defending this act of senseless brutal violence.

Old Today, 02:27 PM

9,597 posts, read 4,379,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
if the police don't release the info, then it doesn't matter how many potentially receptive news outlets there are.
MPD must have has sat on this story. Somebody got some 'splainin' to do. (Hello Chief Newsham!)

Old Today, 02:27 PM

433 posts, read 141,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
... Also, something happened prior to this. You can tell in the beginning of the video, the first perp seems to ask if that is the man? Gets confirmation and hits him...

Probably "disrespected" him somehow.

You know, looked at him funny, didn't give him a smoke when asked, that sort of thing ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or