U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old Today, 02:30 PM
 
27,056 posts, read 19,160,375 times
Reputation: 14446

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
MPD must has sat on this story. Somebody got some 'splainin' to do.
that seems like the only possible explanation. hopefully someone much higher up than you or i will ask just why that was...

 
Old Today, 02:39 PM
 
Location: Boulder, CO
433 posts, read 141,217 times
Reputation: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I tend to ignore those silly local rules.


I don't think there will be much of a penalty if you dropped someone who was going to kill you. Besides, I would rather pay a fine than be killed.

"Better to be judged by 12, than carried by six"
 
Old Today, 02:41 PM
 
Location: Caribbean
7,749 posts, read 2,466,757 times
Reputation: 2772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
And one of the female youths spit on the victim as he lay there.
Fixed for you.
 
Old Today, 02:43 PM
 
Location: USA
18,158 posts, read 8,981,960 times
Reputation: 13612
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADogNamedSam View Post
Probably "disrespected" him somehow.


You know, looked at him funny, didn't give him a smoke when asked, that sort of thing ...
Possible, but more likely this was just another version of the "knockout game", where these "youths" and "teens" pick random, easy targets to get out their violent tendencies, and beat up an innocent person often injuring them terribly. How many times did we see these thugs kick him in the head and other places when he was down and unconscious.
 
Old Today, 02:46 PM
 
Location: Maryland
18,626 posts, read 16,461,645 times
Reputation: 6348
Someone is going to go Goetz in the near future and the media will have a fit.
 
Old Today, 02:49 PM
 
Location: Boulder, CO
433 posts, read 141,217 times
Reputation: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Someone is going to go Goetz in the near future and the media will have a fit.

Or "Bronson" (from the series of Death Wish movies)
 
Old Today, 02:50 PM
 
Location: Caribbean
7,749 posts, read 2,466,757 times
Reputation: 2772
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADogNamedSam View Post
Probably "disrespected" him somehow.


You know, looked at him funny, didn't give him a smoke when asked, that sort of thing ...
Not sure. If you look at the beginning of the video, it looks like the whole group was running after him but one got there first. Why would the girls jump in? Likely more than that.

Wonder if the teens were even from the area - 13 and 14 year olds out at that time of night. Really curious where the parents were. One person in the group looked like she might have been trying to stop them. But I couldn’t see from the video whether the person was older.
 
Old Today, 02:53 PM
 
Location: Suburb of Chicago
20,971 posts, read 10,130,037 times
Reputation: 20349
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADogNamedSam View Post
Probably "disrespected" him somehow.


You know, looked at him funny, didn't give him a smoke when asked, that sort of thing ...
Oh, yeah, that's going on in Chicago, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
indentured would walk barefoot 100 miles across blazing sand to excuse black-on-white attacks.
And then he'd ask for reparations for his long hard trek.


Yeah, something must have happened to provoke this attack otherwise no black men would be reacting this way! Right, kids?
 
Old Today, 02:54 PM
 
Location: Suburb of Chicago
20,971 posts, read 10,130,037 times
Reputation: 20349
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Not sure. If you look at the beginning of the video, it looks like the whole group was running after him but one got there first. Why would the girls jump in? Likely more than that.

Wonder if the teens were even from the area - 13 and 14 year olds out at that time of night. Really curious where the parents were. One person in the group looked like she might have been trying to stop them. But I couldn’t see from the video whether the person was older.
I know Reine means queen, but does DeCoeur mean 'of smokescreens'?
 
Old Today, 02:55 PM
 
Location: Caribbean
7,749 posts, read 2,466,757 times
Reputation: 2772
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
And then he'd ask for reparations for his long hard trek.

Yeah, something must have happened to provoke this attack otherwise no black men would be reacting this way! Right, kids?
Are all the perps black? And these are 13 -14 year olds, not men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top