U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 11:53 AM

24,501 posts, read 12,110,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
According to recent data, US Millennial support for Israel has fallen precipitously over the past decade. Recent Economist-YouGov polling data from 2018 show that only 25% of American Millennials (aged 18-25) consider Israel an ally.

The times are changing. Millennial support for the Israeli state is at its the lowest, and trending downwards. And the Millennials are a huge generation. The world is going to look very different once they step into their power. I look forward to it.
Which means they approve of brain dead Arab terrorism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2019, 11:55 AM

22,934 posts, read 16,975,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Lots of Ilhan Omarís terrorist propaganda going around in schools.
No. This started long before Ilhan came on the scene.

Old 07-25-2019, 11:56 AM

2,908 posts, read 1,234,636 times
I would bet that the majority of Millennials and Gen Z couldn't even find Israel on a map, much less know what it's about.

They are all just following the current anti-Semitic trend of the left. Monkey see, monkey do.

Old 07-25-2019, 12:00 PM

15,446 posts, read 5,779,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
I would bet that the majority of Millennials and Gen Z couldn't even find Israel on a map, much less know what it's about.
I bet the majority of Conservatives couldn't either.

Quote:
They are all just following the current anti-Semitic trend of the left. Monkey see, monkey do.
The Millennials are left-leaning and progressive. Get used to it. It's your future.

Old 07-25-2019, 12:18 PM

462 posts, read 196,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
i pretty much agree...but on this forum anyway if one does NOT follow the Zionist party line (likud) one is labeled an anti-Semite..lol.

without realizing it the zealots demand total loyalty to their cause (authoritarian hallmark)..but it is the authoritarian nature of modern Zionism THAT i disagree with duh?!

if one removes biblical religion from the Zionist platform and focus only on the need for their own land i am quite sure a different geographic area other than Palestine could have served as the new Israel

Australia is has quite alot of unsettled land for instance (displace a few aborigines perhaps/sacred mountain maybe)

Germany was one of the most accepting and civilized places in the world and events transpired to prove nowhere is safe except your own place

Not sure which this post reflects more of, ignorance or malevolence. Probably a combination of both.

First of all, you describe Likud as the "Zionist" party. This means you either know nothing about Israel or you know nothing about Zionism.
Do you even know what Zionism means? It's the "movement for (originally) the re-establishment and (now) the development and protection of a Jewish nation in what is now Israel". https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Zionism The overwhelming majority of Israeli Jews, from the left to the right, are self-defined Zionists. And all Israeli parties are Zionist, across the political spectrum, except the Communist and Arab parties.
Ignorance of that is the benevolent interpretation. I'm afraid that you do know the definition of Zionism and you simply reject Israel's existence. Rejection of Israel's right to exist is often the true motivation behind Israel hater's attacks on this forum. And we know what lurks behind that.

Quote:

You're right. But history shows that as people get older they live and learn. In many cases, hard leftism mellows with age and maturity.
The OP will not get the wish he(she) opines for so repeatedly. Sorry OP.

Last edited by spectator11040; 07-25-2019 at 12:27 PM..

Old 07-25-2019, 12:21 PM

5,118 posts, read 3,028,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
Millennials and Generation Z are clueless and shortsighted. They better figure out reality soon because they aren't going to like what's coming for them when they learn the truth.
I can say that about past generations like the boomers considering how things are now..

Old 07-25-2019, 12:24 PM

5,118 posts, read 3,028,663 times
Quote:

Being against a government does not mean being against its people. Like North Koreaís regime is terrible but itís people are not bad(yes in every society there are bad people).

Old 07-25-2019, 12:27 PM

1,885 posts, read 1,120,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Exactly. Being anti-Israel is the new liberal thing, and most young people are liberal. But they'll grow up.

...huh?...so by your logic, one only has to 'grow up' and they'll then magically change their attitude about israel...

...i'm curious, how will that happen?...

Old 07-25-2019, 12:28 PM

15,446 posts, read 5,779,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectator11040 View Post
You're right. But history shows that as people get older they live and learn. In many cases, hard leftism mellows with age and maturity.
The most recent Pew Research Survey has more detail about the generational divide. It shows that the old saw that young people would naturally grow more conservative as they age, or that their Democratic loyalties were an idiosyncratic response to Barack Obamaís unique personal appeal, has not held. Younger voters have distinctly more liberal views than older voters.

New Survey: Young Staying Liberal, Conservatives Dying Off

Read here to see just how progressive Millennials as a whole are:

https://www.people-press.org/2018/03...ican-politics/

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectator11040 View Post
The OP will not get the wish he(she) opines for so repeatedly. Sorry OP.
We shall see.

Old 07-25-2019, 12:28 PM

11,951 posts, read 8,354,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Exactly. Being anti-Israel is the new liberal thing, and most young people are liberal. But they'll grow up.

That is so true but lets hope they do grow up before they have a chance to destroy this country.

What is really odd however is that the Left seems to be preaching that Israel, a modern country both politically and more importantly socially is the problem while they virtually ignore the fact that in other Middle East countries women are second class citizens, the country is run under an iron fist of unchanging unbending religious rule and don't even think about coming out if you are gay because it will be the end of you.

It is tragic that our kids are only being taught one side of the story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or