U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2019, 06:29 AM

5,849 posts, read 1,577,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I wish we had never lowered the voting age to 18. Even 21 is too young to make a knowledgeable decision.

We would be much better off if the voting age were moved to 25. That way, these kids would have become adults, worked in the real world, paid bills, and paid taxes.
Instead, the Dims want to lower the voting age to 16!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2019, 06:34 AM

3,857 posts, read 760,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Instead, the Dims want to lower the voting age to 16!
Yeah, while they are still in the midst of liberal school indoctrination.

How is this for an idea: Let's make taxpayers provide free babysitting via universal pre-K, and then lower the voting age to 4. Never too early to start the brainwashing.

Old 08-18-2019, 07:04 AM

11,253 posts, read 10,314,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanonka View Post
And this is one of the reasons why any support of Israel has is fading. Nobody wants to be blackmailed, but that's exactly what Israel does: "pay us/support us, or else!".

Let's pretend that what you say is true, and Arabs and Jews mutually wipe each other from the face of the Earth. So, what's the big problem other than gas prices skyrocket?

Tutsi and Hutu in Africa mutually killed over 1mln of them not so long ago. Did you even hear about that? And even of you did, did you care about them even for a second? I doubt so. Then why anyone should care about Jews and Arabs doing the same? Nukes? This planet can survive just fine with another 20-30 of them blowing up, and I don't think Israel has more. So, what else?
You say this as if “blackmail” is their goal. It is the reality of the situation, whether we support Israel or not. No country with nuclear weapons is going to allow themselves to be taken over. And why should they? It is every country’s right to protect themselves. We would do the same thing if it came down to a choice between that, and losing our country.

Framing it as “blackmail” is nothing more that an attempt to show Israel in a bad light, for doing something that any other country would be expected to do, given the same circumstances.

Old 08-18-2019, 07:04 AM

19,770 posts, read 12,434,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
According to recent data, US Millennial support for Israel has fallen precipitously over the past decade. Recent Economist-YouGov polling data from 2018 show that only 25% of American Millennials (aged 18-25) consider Israel an ally.

The times are changing. Millennial support for the Israeli state is at its the lowest, and trending downwards. And the Millennials are a huge generation. The world is going to look very different once they step into their power. I look forward to it.

Of course- democrats hate Jews. What else is new?

Old 08-18-2019, 07:12 AM

4,068 posts, read 2,088,245 times
So.....I guess they support the terrorist Palestinian stat?
Jews have been around fat longet than Islam and Israel has a right to exist. If what the OP posts is true it proves even more how the left wing has brainwashed brainwashedthat generation

Quote:
According to recent data, US Millennial support for Israel has fallen precipitously over the past decade. Recent Economist-YouGov polling data from 2018 show that only 25% of American Millennials (aged 18-25) consider Israel an ally.

The times are changing. Millennial support for the Israeli state is at its the lowest, and trending downwards. And the Millennials are a huge generation. The world is going to look very different once they step into their power. I look forward to it.

Old 08-18-2019, 07:16 AM

I guess you support Islamic state terrorism.
You have no clue about what goes on in Israel. You just kowtow to your left wing Masters at school

[/b]QUOTE=JAMS14;55762118]I bet the majority of Conservatives couldn't either.

The Millennials are left-leaning and progressive. Get used to it. It's your future.[/quote]

Old 08-18-2019, 09:08 AM

11,111 posts, read 11,022,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
The good thing about aging is gaining knowledge. These young people will eventually grow up and most of them will discard their ignorance for reality.
Yet voting for trump was inversely correlated with education level. Ditto for voting brexit.

Old 08-18-2019, 09:31 AM

Cite please?
I know of educated people who sadly have to hide how they vote because the dictatorship on the left persecutes those who do not vote the correct way in the voting booth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Yet voting for trump was inversely correlated with education level. Ditto for voting brexit.

Old 08-18-2019, 10:07 AM

9,743 posts, read 7,369,919 times
Quote:
I bet the majority of Conservatives couldn't either.

The Millennials are left-leaning and progressive. Get used to it. It's your future.
all generations are left-leaning and progressive until they reach their 30's and 40's. The very boomers mentioned, the Peace and Love generation of the 60's, are now much more "conservative".

Old 08-18-2019, 10:09 AM

30,286 posts, read 16,816,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Of course- democrats hate Jews. What else is new?
No. Conservatives hate Jews - as evidenced by their association and comfort given to White Nationalists.

About 80% of Jewish people vote Democratic - are you saying they are stupid?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or