U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 12:11 PM

843 posts, read 1,085,853 times

Advertisements

The premise is wrong. I live in California. So does most of my family. It is wonderful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 12:12 PM

452 posts, read 80,603 times
Liberals wonít let us build camps in the desert to contain them. They insist on keeping them amongst the rest of us.

The only way to solve homelessness is to dump and contain drugged out zombies in a remote location. Since most donít have the backbone to admit this, we will never arrive at a solution that works. At this point the best we can do is wait for a new powerful drug to hit the streets with a high fatality rate.

Old Yesterday, 12:13 PM

4,973 posts, read 2,985,859 times
Californiaís problems are decades in the making. No one had any foresight when building this state..

Old Yesterday, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
Liberals wonít let us build camps in the desert to contain them. They insist on keeping them amongst the rest of us.

The only way to solve homelessness is to dump and contain drugged out zombies in a remote location. Since most donít have the backbone to admit this, we will never arrive at a solution that works. At this point the best we can do is wait for a new powerful drug to hit the streets with a high fatality rate.
Man, this isnít Nazi Germany.. or is it?

Old Yesterday, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdJS View Post
The premise is wrong. I live in California. So does most of my family. It is wonderful.
It has problems. But I still would not wanna live anywhere else. Especially not Arizona Texas Nevada Utah or any other extremely hot climate. Idk how people can stand living in those places..

Old Yesterday, 12:18 PM

8,306 posts, read 11,156,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Homelessness is a national problem. Why isn't Trump doing anything about it?
what he said^^^^^^^^^^^

Old Yesterday, 12:21 PM

5,693 posts, read 4,239,915 times
i have been to California a handful of times and i freaking loved it! Especially SoCAL. I am smart enough to know the grass is always greener so i have no plans to eventually move there but i can certainly see the appeal!

Old Yesterday, 12:22 PM

452 posts, read 80,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Man, this isnít Nazi Germany.. or is it?
Thanks for proving my point.

Old Yesterday, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
Thanks for proving my point.
That I dont wanna dehumanize people and send them to camps in the desert?

Old Yesterday, 12:27 PM

22,835 posts, read 16,889,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotpair View Post
Why is there still an overwhelming number of homeless people in California?

Democrats control every state office and are mayors in both Los Angeles and San Francisco.

California has a state income tax that could be 80% if the state wanted it to be.

Make everything free, let the rich pay. Open borders and free health care for illegal immigrants.

Democrats rally for all of that. Well, California could be the test case.

All the Silicone Valley robber barons, starting with Mark Zuckerberg who's worth $75B, live there and could be taxed the way Democrats say they want to tax billionaires.

Nothing Trump administration could do about it.

But, California isn't solving its homeless population, it's getting worse. What gives?

(Sources: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/05/u...opulation.html)
No one is donating. I know that for a fact. I called up quite a few of the places that take donations to help out the homeless or the very low income, and they all told me the same story. Either no one is donating at all, or they are getting very little in the way of donations.

There's also the NIMBY crowd that doesn't want any new housing built up to house all of these people.

And there's the illegal problem. I don't understand how the left does not understand this. There's only so much in resources. There's only so many places to build. There's only so much land. As the requests soar, so do the costs.

And I also learned this some years back when my sister's husband was in the hospital, clinging to life...and she has MS so she is disabled and unable to work a traditional job - and I was looking up ways that might get some type of help while he was, at the time we thought, either going to die, or if he did make it, was looking at a very long time in recovery - in a nursing home.

When I asked how long she could have food stamps, thinking it was just a couple of years, I was told, "Oh no, we've had people on food stamps for over 20 years." WTH?

Prices are high on a lot of things because of taxes, they are high due to demand (rent), no one is donating anything, and we have way too many people in this state who should not be here, but this state, as well as some others, are allowing those illegals to stay in this country in their stupid sanctuary areas.

Gee - I wonder what could possibly happen when you combine all of those together.

The "muh 5th largest economy argument" doesn't stand when you have so many people living in tents, filth, and disease.

And then, of course, we need to bring back asylums. It is not "humane" to allow these people to wander the streets to fend for themselves. They need help. I understand it was Reagan who did this - and it's one of the DUMBEST things he ever did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miso Blu View Post
Florida is a red state and has a huge homeless problem too. In the winter you will find fresh arrivals with their backpacks at the bus stations and interstate exits, panhandling and sleeping under the overpass.
I lived in Florida for 6 years. It was never as bad as what I see in CA.

Yes, there are homeless people everywhere. I've moved around all over this country. I've seen homeless people everywhere, but to pretend that because you can see homeless people no matter where you live, therefore, it's not the fault of CA (or Seattle area) for the grotesque amounts of homeless you can find, is completely dishonest and/or naive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies