U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 06:14 PM

18,780 posts, read 9,682,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...or_stolen.html

In a press conference a few weeks before the 2016 election, President Barack Obama told Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump to "stop whining" about the possiblity that the election could be "rigged," saying that there is no evidence that election rigging has ever happened or could ever happen.

"There is no serious person out there who would suggest that you could even rig America's elections, in part because they are so decentralized. There is no evidence that that has happened in the past, or that there are instances that that could happen this time," the president said to the future president in October 2016.

"Democracy survives because we recognize that there is something more important than any individual campaign, and that is making sure the integrity and trust in our institutions sustains itself. Becasue Democracy works by consent, not by force," Obama said.

"I have never seen in my lifetime or in modern political history, any presidential candidate trying to discredit the elections and the election process before votes have even taken place. It is unprecedented. It happens to be based on no fact. Every expert regardless of political party... who has ever examined these issues in a serious way will tell you that.

"That is both irresponsible and, by the way, doesn't really show the kind of leadership and toughness you'd want from a president," he also said. "You start whining before the game is even over? If whenever things are going badly for you and you lose, you start blaming somebody else. Than you don't have what it takes to be in this job."

Odummy finally got something right...tood bad the Democrats don't believe their Dear Leader.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2019, 08:09 PM

17,698 posts, read 11,250,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Well of course the jerk is going to try to deny what was happening right under his nose. This way he can plead ignorance

I thought you liked Donald Trump. Such a strong statement against him, coming from a usual supporter !

Old 07-25-2019, 08:20 PM

8,065 posts, read 2,343,887 times
Obama left a trail of lies as his legacy. So many problems he never did anything about.

Old 07-25-2019, 08:22 PM

29,638 posts, read 15,536,172 times
The crazy thing is that Hillary paid a foreign agent to work with Russians in order to influence the election.

Hillary's campaign paid Steele. Steele is a foreign agent. Steele paid Russians for the dossier information.

And yet liberals say Trump colluded. Bizarro world.

Old 07-26-2019, 06:43 AM

11,892 posts, read 8,304,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Hes right in once sense, but wrong in another.

You can disenfranchise enough voters to get the results you want. And that does happen in the United States.

So true. I wonder how many people stayed home on election day because they had been assured for months that Hillary was going to win in a landslide?

I wonder how many were spurred to action to prevent Hillary from winning?

The propaganda is thick from both sides of the aisle but given what the Dems are running on today we don't need any Russians whispering in our ears to realize what a disaster they would be for our future.

One again he might not be ideal but we should be thankful to have him. Trump 2020.

Old 07-26-2019, 07:00 AM

23,336 posts, read 12,384,752 times
Out of context it seems Obama is implying that foreign countries can't interfere but if you take the comments within the context of what Trump was saying, Trump was implying that the election was rigged against Trump by domestic groups/individuals. Which is a myth that pops up whenever someone thinks they MIGHT lose.

As for rigged elections. For years there have been claims of rigged elections, voter fraud, years of investigation and there has never been proof of 'rigging' with domestic individuals or groups.

Trump was not referencing the interference with our election by foreign countries when he was speculating about the rigging of elections and Obama was not address the interference of our election by foreign countries.

BUT since that quote, investigations have proven that the Russians were working to interfere with our elections. They did not successfully 'change' votes...but they were trying to.

Obama might today be more specific and say -- there is no evidence of any domestic individual or group rigging elections in the past or present.

Old 07-26-2019, 07:10 AM

11,549 posts, read 8,484,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Out of context it seems Obama is implying that foreign countries can't interfere but if you take the comments within the context of what Trump was saying, Trump was implying that the election was rigged against Trump by domestic groups/individuals. Which is a myth that pops up whenever someone thinks they MIGHT lose.

As for rigged elections. For years there have been claims of rigged elections, voter fraud, years of investigation and there has never been proof of 'rigging' with domestic individuals or groups.

Trump was not referencing the interference with our election by foreign countries when he was speculating about the rigging of elections and Obama was not address the interference of our election by foreign countries.

BUT since that quote, investigations have proven that the Russians were working to interfere with our elections. They did not successfully 'change' votes...but they were trying to.

Obama might today be more specific and say -- there is no evidence of any domestic individual or group rigging elections in the past or present.

It's odd that Trump supporters will twist themselves like pretzels to make sense of what Trump says. They never given context and understanding to anybody else.

By the time Obama made that statement Trump had been saying rigged election for weeks. And Obama was aware of the Russians. It must have been later on that the intelligence community knew the extent of it. All 50 states. That's scary.

That's where the ball was dropped. But Trump's people are no better.

Old 07-26-2019, 07:20 AM

32,122 posts, read 36,766,736 times
Just another example of Obama being a low end and ineffective leader who did not actually work for Americans.

Old 07-26-2019, 07:21 AM

23,336 posts, read 12,384,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post

It's odd that Trump supporters will twist themselves like pretzels to make sense of what Trump says. They never given context and understanding to anybody else.

By the time Obama made that statement Trump had been saying rigged election for weeks. And Obama was aware of the Russians. It must have been later on that the intelligence community knew the extent of it. All 50 states. That's scary.

That's where the ball was dropped. But Trump's people are no better.
MEH -- I think it is a trait of both 'bases' to try and twist things.

In this case, it is disturbing that Republican officials, and their fans, don't seem to want to address the security issues with our election process and protecting the process from China, Iran or Russia interfering.

I get partisan politics. I do.

It's a game and people play it. That's why the swamp will never be cleared.

But in this case - -it seems a national security issue...not just a difference in philosophy of what best serves the country.

I'm perplexed.

I know Trump doesn't like the idea of Russia trying to help him because it implies he didn't do it on his own. He did. The evidence has shown no direct influence on the election, just an attempt. Trump's sensitive ego though doesn't want us to think that Russia is why he won. We know that...we get it. Relax...

BUT I don't get why someone like McConnell is fighting the efforts to secure the elections?

I didn't think McConnell was that big a fan of Trump's. I guess I was wrong.

Old 07-26-2019, 08:10 AM

8,924 posts, read 8,003,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
The crazy thing is that Hillary paid a foreign agent to work with Russians in order to influence the election.

Hillary's campaign paid Steele. Steele is a foreign agent. Steele paid Russians for the dossier information.

And yet liberals say Trump colluded. Bizarro world.

Just another example showing that you don't understand the laws in question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or