U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 12:13 PM

40,196 posts, read 24,423,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
The moral of this story is don't associate with and ride around with illegal aliens from Mexico near border patrol checkpoints and don't have an ignorant illegal alien mother who lies about where you were born on federal documents.
That may be what you are drawing from this story.

However, the fact that an American citizen's rights were violated is what I am drawing from this story. And I'm pretty sure that that is the moral high ground.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 12:23 PM

11,543 posts, read 8,476,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
And being born in the US and a citizen doesn't over come the fact that he was traveling with false papers. I dont care who you are, you get caught doing that and you are screwed.

Was he hispanic? Yes
Did that contribute? Yes
why? Because of the millions of hispanic illegals and the thousands we have caught trying to sneak in using every trick in the book, likely including using false papers. His papers were false and that is what got him caught up in the system. It sucks to have a criminal for a mother.

Old Today, 12:24 PM

4,969 posts, read 2,985,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
They didn't know. But when he asserted it, they should have assumed it, and afforded him his rights. I'm ignoring your excuses, because they are just excuses. For violating the rights of an American citizen. As soon as he stated he was a US citizen, he should have had access to counsel. Those ARE his rights. He IS an AMERICAN. Period.

Reminds me of Half Life 2:
Metro Cop“Citizen, where are your papers?”
Meanwhile overwatch is broadcasting:

“Citizen notice: priority identification check in progress. Please assemble in your designated inspection positions.”
Sounds more chilling with the audio:

https://youtu.be/QZX6oLEK5KQ

Old Today, 12:36 PM

4,794 posts, read 2,203,271 times
How does a citizen self deport? Where would they go, unless they have dual citizenship?

Old Today, 12:39 PM

4,794 posts, read 2,203,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
The moral of this story is don't associate with and ride around with illegal aliens from Mexico near border patrol checkpoints and don't have an ignorant illegal alien mother who lies about where you were born on federal documents.
Also: repeal birthright citizenship. Look at the havoc it’s wreaking.

Old Today, 12:46 PM

1,377 posts, read 331,684 times
Quote:
They didn't know. But when he asserted it, they should have assumed it, and afforded him his rights. I'm ignoring your excuses, because they are just excuses. For violating the rights of an American citizen. As soon as he stated he was a US citizen, he should have had access to counsel. Those ARE his rights. He IS an AMERICAN. Period.
You have a right to be just stupidly, obnoxiously wrong and here you are exercising it.
They had no way of determining whether he was a citizen or not and the level of obfuscation on the part of his mother for years would have it reasonable for the government to determine he was not legal.
No one disputes she lied on several of his documents.
Once you lie on those docs you dont get any benefit of doubt.

Be stubborn. And marginalized.

Old Today, 12:51 PM

20,995 posts, read 10,139,046 times
Quote:
This is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read here on c-d.

LMAO!!!!!

Old Today, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
You have a right to be just stupidly, obnoxiously wrong and here you are exercising it.
They had no way of determining whether he was a citizen or not and the level of obfuscation on the part of his mother for years would have it reasonable for the government to determine he was not legal.
No one disputes she lied on several of his documents.
Once you lie on those docs you dont get any benefit of doubt.

Be stubborn. And marginalized.
I have a right to defend the rights of US citizens. This man was a US citizen. His rights were violated.

They had in custody a man who stated he was a US citizen. They should have respected that, and let him use the phone to call an attorney. They should have respected that, and let his attorney see him. Because those are our rights as US citizens.

I suspect if YOU were the one whose rights were violated, you'd take an entirely different position.

Old Today, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
This is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read here on c-d.

LMAO!!!!!
So the rights of US citizens can be violated at will by the federal government, and you are totally good with that.

Old Today, 01:18 PM

10,432 posts, read 9,418,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and do we know it really happen just that way? I have learned not be believe all we read or hear. My dad taught me that 60 or more years ago.
Exactly!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or