U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Yesterday, 01:06 PM
 
Location: CO/UT/AZ/NM Catch me if you can!
4,789 posts, read 4,393,579 times
Reputation: 10457

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee Lindsey Graham appears to have been a bit shocked by Robert Mueller's inept performance yesterday. Prior to those hearings, Graham had stated he had no interest in interviewing Mueller.

But after Mueller pretty clearly demonstrated that he was at best a figurehead for this investigation - despite being selected as the "Special Counsel" by Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosentein - Graham is now planning to have the Senate Judiciary Committee "dig in" to determine whether Mueller fulfilled the responsibilities of his role. Or if these responsibilities were handled by others, who were they, why and how did this happen?


Lindsey Graham also stated on Hannity last night, “I had more to do with the Mueller report, than probably he did.”

So that certainly raises concerns.
The KGOP - America's reward for a lifetime of service to our country. Let's form a lynch mob and hang the messenger.

Maybe if they ask nicely Lindsey and the Donald can share the same jail cell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Yesterday, 02:33 PM
 
Location: Brackenwood
3,453 posts, read 1,354,816 times
Reputation: 6818
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
I'm pretty sure paying out of your own pocket still needs to be reported - as written here:

When candidates use their personal funds for campaign purposes, they are making contributions to their campaigns. Unlike other contributions, these candidate contributions are not subject to any limits. They must, however, be reported.

https://www.fec.gov/help-candidates-...nds-candidate/


This is clearly hush money to benefit him in his campaign.
Again, the problem with your theory is that the obligation arose out of his PERSONAL conduct, not from his campaign activities. And again, you and I both know if he had paid it out of his campaign fund, that would be an obvious and actionable misuse of campaign funds.

So again I ask, if it's something he wouldn't be allowed to pay for out of campaign fund, how can it be considered a campaign expenditure?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 02:39 PM
 
10,897 posts, read 4,066,555 times
Reputation: 5276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Again, the problem with your theory is that the obligation arose out of his PERSONAL conduct, not from his campaign activities. And again, you and I both know if he had paid it out of his campaign fund, that would be an obvious and actionable misuse of campaign funds.

So again I ask, if it's something he wouldn't be allowed to pay for out of campaign fund, how can it be considered a campaign expenditure?
This is something he would be allowed to pay for out of his campaign funds. Why you think it would not be is not clear at all. Besides, campaign violations are the violation of the campaign, not the candidate, and are routinely handled with a fine.

In fact, here is an article discussing a much larger violation by the Obama campaign and the fine that was paid for that:

Quote:
Obama 2008 campaign fined $375,000

President Barack Obama’s 2008 campaign was fined $375,000 by the Federal Election Commission for campaign reporting violations — one of the largest fees ever levied against a presidential campaign, POLITICO has learned. The fine — laid out in detail in FEC documents that have yet to be made public — arose from an audit of the campaign, which was published in April. POLITICO obtained a copy of the conciliation agreement detailing the fine, which was sent to Sean Cairncross, the chief lawyer for the Republican National Committee, one of the groups that filed complaints about the campaign’s FEC reporting from 2008.

The major sticking point for the FEC appeared to be a series of missing 48-hour notices for nearly 1,300 contributions totaling more than $1.8 million — an issue that lawyers familiar with the commission’s work say the FEC takes seriously. The notices must be filed on contributions of $1,000 or more that are received within the 20-day window of Election Day.
If you guys are down to campaign finance violations to try to bring down Trump, the fat lady has finished singing and has left the stage. It is over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 02:41 PM
 
5,477 posts, read 1,563,661 times
Reputation: 2299
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Congress just won't let this die. It's over. Let Mueller live out the rest of his life in peace and quiet.
Mueller brought this on himself.
Hope he gets deported, he's cheated America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 02:43 PM
 
1,295 posts, read 290,121 times
Reputation: 1386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Again, the problem with your theory is that the obligation arose out of his PERSONAL conduct, not from his campaign activities. And again, you and I both know if he had paid it out of his campaign fund, that would be an obvious and actionable misuse of campaign funds.

So again I ask, if it's something he wouldn't be allowed to pay for out of campaign fund, how can it be considered a campaign expenditure?
The expenditure was made during the campaign. The adultery act was done years prior (over a decade). So obviously it was campaign related - to keep from losing votes. Pretty obvious. The timing of the payoff tells the story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 02:46 PM
 
1,295 posts, read 290,121 times
Reputation: 1386
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Mueller brought this on himself.
Hope he gets deported, he's cheated America.
cheated America of an indictment of Drumpf, that's for sure.....didn't even look at campaign finance issues w/ Drumpf.....didn't even subpoenae Drumpf or interview him......but he did recover Manafort's money and put a lot of Drumpf's folks in prison.....

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...tenced-n980731
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 02:53 PM
 
6,713 posts, read 3,783,842 times
Reputation: 13830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee Lindsey Graham appears to have been a bit shocked by Robert Mueller's inept performance yesterday. Prior to those hearings, Graham had stated he had no interest in interviewing Mueller.

But after Mueller pretty clearly demonstrated that he was at best a figurehead for this investigation - despite being selected as the "Special Counsel" by Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosentein - Graham is now planning to have the Senate Judiciary Committee "dig in" to determine whether Mueller fulfilled the responsibilities of his role. Or if these responsibilities were handled by others, who were they, why and how did this happen?


Lindsey Graham also stated on Hannity last night, “I had more to do with the Mueller report, than probably he did.”

So that certainly raises concerns.
Graham must have a really big payday coming, or he's got something really bad he's being blackmailed with. One of the two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 07:55 PM
 
Location: Brackenwood
3,453 posts, read 1,354,816 times
Reputation: 6818
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
The expenditure was made during the campaign.
So what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
The adultery act was done years prior (over a decade).
So what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
So obviously it was campaign related - to keep from losing votes. Pretty obvious. The timing of the payoff tells the story.
A personal expenditure arising out of a personal obligation doesn't suddenly become a campaign expenditure because it happens in temporal proximity to a campaign -- even if its primary purpose is to improve or protect the candidate's reputation. Suppose a candidate wants to improve his image by buying a bigger house or driving a nicer car, so he goes out and buys either or both. Does this now become a campaign expenditure? What if there was a pending lawsuit against him he settles to make it go away? Is that a campaign expenditure? What if he's fat and he spends 20 grand on a personal trainer or to get gastric bypass surgery -- does that make it a campaign expenditure?

I'll ask you directly since you have now conspicuously avoided this point twice: what do you think would have happened if Trump had used campaign funds to pay the tramp off? Do you honestly think the FEC would have been OK with that?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
This is something he would be allowed to pay for out of his campaign funds.
No it's not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Why you think it would not be is not clear at all.
Actually it's crystal clear: because misappropriating campaign funds for personal use is a crime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Besides, campaign violations are the violation of the campaign, not the candidate, and are routinely handled with a fine.
Unless it's a criminal violation committed by the candidate or someone associated with the campaign, such as misappropriating campaign funds for personal use. Trust me, I know -- I live in the Chicago area and our local politicians routinely go to jail for it. Just ask both Jesse Jackson Jr. and his (now ex) wife Sandi. Or John Edwards, who only got away with it (and only barely) because he cut the middleman campaign fund out of the equation and implored some of his high-roller donors to pay off his mistress directly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 08:22 PM
 
Location: The 719
14,610 posts, read 22,469,259 times
Reputation: 13902
What was this thread all about?

After reading the comments, it appears to be the Post-Mueller Spanking Memorial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
The KGOP - America's reward for a lifetime of service to our country. Let's form a lynch mob and hang the messenger.

Maybe if they ask nicely Lindsey and the Donald can share the same jail cell.
Impeach Fodifav! Indict Fodifav!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 11:06 AM
 
Location: Chicago area
14,456 posts, read 7,961,842 times
Reputation: 53620
So Mueller wasn't supposed to hire experts to help in the investigation and was supposed to do it all by himself? Boot licking Graham who was a never Trumper until his poll numbers tanked is doing what he does best. Apologizes for a corrupt president. I'll tell you what, you go write a complex 400 plus page report and see if you remember every line and nuance. I triple dog dare ya. Better yet, go read a dime store novel and tell us what's on page 100.

Trying to discredit Mueller is nothing more than desperation because of the damning information that it contains. I predict the FBI will be in the cross hairs again soon. Mueller said that they are "continuing to investigate."

Ever hear of a president being investigated by the FBI?

Mueller is clear and by the book. A sitting president can not be indicted and the only path to removal is Congress. Mueller is clear when he created a road map to obstruction. Mueller is clear that he did not follow the money because "other entities are doing that."

This far from over. Congress is doing what we the people elected them to do and that's putting a check on a rogue, corrupt president. An impeachment inquiry is warranted, and so are the continuing investigations. Graham sold his soul to the devil to get re-elected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top