U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 03:15 PM

888 posts, read 182,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
She is black so what’s the problem.
She's the wrong kind of Black
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 03:19 PM

18,158 posts, read 8,981,960 times
These people need to get a life, and stop worrying about trivia, and looking for ways to be offended. She's an actress. She acts. Get over it.

Old Today, 03:28 PM

39,542 posts, read 40,893,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
This is why Hollywood casts actors like Jackie Chan instead of homegrown Asian American actors.

I'm not sure there is any actor comparable to Chan.... His gift was being able to do OK job acting and crazy live action stunts seemingly able to defy gravity in some of them.

Old Today, 03:28 PM

6,754 posts, read 1,401,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post

However, I can also see the other side to the argument. Probably the entertainment industry looks at it like can Cynthia Erivo do the role with justice? That ultimately is the most important thing.
Well, that might be a valid point. I know that most people disagree with me about the British Vivien Leigh playing Scarlett O'Hara -- I really thought that was horrible casting and that Leigh was not at all believable in that role. (Again, I know I'm in the minority about that! )

Btw, all of you reading this do know that the English had a history of owning slaves, too, don't you? But at least they abolished it 31 years before the U.S. did.

Old Today, 04:12 PM
Status: "Disagreeing is not the same thing as trolling." (set 23 days ago)

9,816 posts, read 3,727,904 times
Our society places too much emphasis on films, actors, celebrities. If one doesn't like the movie, then don't go see it.

Old Today, 04:37 PM

50,836 posts, read 26,822,582 times
This goes back way further than this movie. This situation is a tiny microcosm of an ongoing feud between black British actors and African American actors. The dispute has been quietly bubbling over and getting more heated in the last 15 years or so. You folks are late.

Anyway, that’s all I’m gonna say about it.

Old Today, 06:41 PM

4,721 posts, read 925,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Who the eff cares? Is she the best actress for the role? People always gotta whine about something. Looking forward to seeing it.
The best actor/actress for a role should be one of same race/similar ethnicity.

Old Today, 06:43 PM

5,501 posts, read 8,402,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
Why?

Old Today, 07:06 PM

4,721 posts, read 925,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Why?
Race-bending is pathetic. I don't care if Idris Elba is most ideal for playing James Bond, Bond was written to be a White British man (specifically, Scottish).

Old Today, 07:07 PM

18,158 posts, read 8,981,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
Charlton Heston was not a Jew yet he portrayed a Jew in Ben Hur, and another Jew, Moses, in the Ten Commandments. Bad choice?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or