U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 06:43 PM

261 posts, read 39,920 times

Advertisements

If in the 2020 general election, you were going to vote for Candidate A and I offered you $1 to vote for Candidate B, would you accept the offer?
If no, how about $5? $10? $50?
Would it make a difference if it was a local election, say for a councilman or small town mayor or bond measure to raise money for roads?
Do you actually think there are people who wouldn't accept this offer for $1M?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:46 PM

16,440 posts, read 5,373,547 times
No, of course not. But you might have better luck buying a member of Congress or Senator.

Old Yesterday, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
No, of course not.
So if I offered you$50K to vote for Candidate B though you'd prefer to vote for candidate A, you'd refuse the offer?
Hard to believe. Especially in a general election in which your vote doesn't count, and even if it did would have infinitesimal impact.

Old Yesterday, 08:07 PM

8,983 posts, read 6,519,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_Native View Post
So if I offered you$50K to vote for Candidate B though you'd prefer to vote for candidate A, you'd refuse the offer?
Hard to believe. Especially in a general election in which your vote doesn't count, and even if it did would have infinitesimal impact.
Some people like myself and Bayarea4 have a conscience. It's quite obvious you don't. And I'm willing to bet who you voted for or who you wanted to win the last major election.

I didn't have that kind of money then and I don't want it that way now.

The answer is no. Frankly I'd be insulted if offered. Believe it or not there are some people that can't be bought.

Old Yesterday, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
Some people like myself and Bayarea4 have a conscience. It's quite obvious you don't. And I'm willing to bet who you voted for or who you wanted to win the last major election.
I've never voted a day in my life AND I can complain. But I seriously doubt, if that money was placed in front of you, you'd refuse it.

Old Yesterday, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_Native View Post
I've never voted a day in my life AND I can complain. But I seriously doubt, if that money was placed in front of you, you'd refuse it.
I covered the option of you not voting:
Quote:
...or who you wanted to win
I already answered. Horrible, horrible topic and it speaks volumes about you. I hope it gets removed...

Old Yesterday, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
I covered the option of you not voting:

I already answered. Horrible, horrible topic and it speaks volumes about you. I hope it gets removed...
I think it's a reasonable topic. You don't need to get upset. Are you afraid you're being dogmatic instead of honest?

Old Yesterday, 08:33 PM

You are worthy of my ignore list. Welcome.

Old Yesterday, 08:33 PM

3,775 posts, read 6,919,182 times
Absolutely no way...EVER. I have to live with myself every day, hopefully for a long time.

Old Yesterday, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrtechno View Post
Absolutely no way...EVER. I have to live with myself every day, hopefully for a long time.
It's very very sad that there are people who do not have a conscience.

I can't relate and I want no one like the OP in my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or