U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 04:54 AM

5,693 posts, read 4,239,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
RBG is pure class and very much a professional. If, in her evaluation, they are both decent and smart, they likely are.
Of course, as most folks are... Who honestly buys into the crap slung from the political isles?? Its all lies and nonsense to stir the pot/base/votes. Politicians are scum, no big secret!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 05:40 AM

33,216 posts, read 14,013,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I find RBG a truly amazing and admirable person, sheís a highly intelligent and determined woman who broke barriers. I canít stand many of her rulings. There is a difference between hating the woman and hating her legal conclusions.

I was disappointed in her decision to discuss Trump, I think our justices should always be above political partisanship.
Nicely stated, I felt the same way about Scalia. I disagreed with his rulings but felt he was an honorable man. Strange how he got along so will with Kagan and others outside the court room. They are all very protective of the court and I would not want to see it digress to the absolute mess we have in congress today,

Old Today, 07:37 AM

5,534 posts, read 1,485,296 times
I think Ginsburg likes stardom a bit too much. It's improper for a Supreme Court justice to be doing so many interviews and stating her opinion publically on every issue under the sun. She, and all the others, should remain above politics and pop culture, reserving their opinions for their written opinions.

Old Today, 08:05 AM

7,399 posts, read 4,480,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Not accurate when it comes to todayís batch of extremists in charge of the Democrat party. Theyíve called Trump a traitor, a racist, a misogynist, etc. All with no basis.
It's hard to be decent with folks who are not decent with yu. Like when Trump said for years that Obama was born in Kenya.

But the fact that not all politicians play nice with each other does not dispute my post that some politicians do, in fact, play nice with each other

Old Today, 09:30 AM

10,294 posts, read 6,313,353 times
Quote:
Link: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gin...lETxLlQxa4pbmY

RBG is one of the last remaining honorable liberals. Unfortunately, she's a dying breed. Today's left-wing extremists could learn a lot from her, but they won't.

While I don't agree with her on many things, she is definitely honorable and a trooper. If the Liberals would have stayed as centered as her, it wouldn't have pushed many of us on the other side further right.

Old Today, 09:43 AM

46,091 posts, read 34,168,136 times
Quote:

RBG is one of the last remaining honorable liberals. Unfortunately, she's a dying breed. Today's left-wing extremists could learn a lot from her, but they won't.
RBG and Justice Scalia had tremendous respect for each other and were close personal friends.

Politicians and the media that feeds off them are intent on division. Sadly, too many ordinary people buy into the crap.

I do not understand people who idolize or demonize politicians.

I donít understand people who attribute or blame a POTUS or party for the good, bad and ugly in their own lifeís.

I donít understand people whose self esteem seems dependent on who sits the oval or controls the majority.

Old Today, 09:50 AM

32,536 posts, read 26,441,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
The right hates the notorious rbg. Unfortunately, the days of honorable Republicans like Reagan and McCain are long gone

rubbish. i like ginsburg from what i know of her, i dont agree with her politics though. and there are decent honorable people on both sides of the isle, including gorsuch and kavanaugh, and ginsburg.

Old Today, 10:40 AM

21,407 posts, read 21,967,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
I think Ginsburg likes stardom a bit too much. It's improper for a Supreme Court justice to be doing so many interviews and stating her opinion publically on every issue under the sun. She, and all the others, should remain above politics and pop culture, reserving their opinions for their written opinions.
why?

Old Today, 10:56 AM

37,142 posts, read 16,182,789 times
Quote:

"insburg defends Kavanaugh, Gorsuch as 'very decent, very smart individuals'"
This is really going to hurt a LOT of dems.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day!

Old Today, 10:58 AM

5,534 posts, read 1,485,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
why?
As I stated, they should remain above it all and stay in the background. Giving interviews and becoming an idol in pop culture belittles the sanctity of the court. This isn't so much a criticism of her directly, as she isn't the only one who has done this. Scalia was guilty of it too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies