U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Today, 10:11 AM
 
Location: Houston
22,626 posts, read 11,646,542 times
Reputation: 9172

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
It looks like a cover for the real purpose of the parade:

"Fliers circulating on social media advertising the event list not just "heterosexuality" but also "western civilization" and "Christianity" as causes of celebration. According to the Anti-Defamation League, white nationalist organizations often use terms like "promoting western civilization" as code words."
Yes, and promoting diversity is a code phrase for anti white discrimination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Today, 10:12 AM
 
Location: The middle of nowhere
9,148 posts, read 4,169,393 times
Reputation: 7767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I will disregard the Rep, and self admonish on your behalf.

So we have hate speech laws now? Since when? So the First Amendment only covers speech in which the Left agrees? I can't say anything that someone may disagree with? We live in the USSR now?
Every gay pride parade I've ever been to has plenty of preachers with signs and bullhorns yelling obscenities at everyone and guess what. They get police protection!

Tell me again how you are oppressed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 10:14 AM
 
27,089 posts, read 19,170,443 times
Reputation: 14454
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Meanwhile gay pride is a monstrous abomination to God worthy of the death penalty, according to conservatives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
who is calling for the death penalty for gay pride?

yoo-hoo! bawacky?

still waiting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 10:14 AM
 
Location: USA
18,198 posts, read 8,990,442 times
Reputation: 13632
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Every gay pride parade I've ever been to has plenty of preachers with signs and bullhorns yelling obscenities at everyone and guess what. They get police protection!

Tell me again how you are oppressed.
Did I SAY I was oppressed? No.

The poster I responded to indicated I was allowed think anti gay thoughts but not speak them due to they would be considered "HATE SPEECH". I merely asked for evidence of hate speech laws in the U.S.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 10:20 AM
 
Location: West Coast of Europe
21,603 posts, read 19,375,936 times
Reputation: 8575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I will disregard the Rep, and self admonish on your behalf.

So we have hate speech laws now? Since when? So the First Amendment only covers speech in which the Left agrees? I can't say anything that someone may disagree with? We live in the USSR now?
No, I don't think you can say something that is solely aimed at hurting people.
I mean, why are you not content with thinking the way you do? Why do you feel like you have to tell people? It's not something they can change, so there is no point in criticizing homosexuality. It's the same as telling black people that you don't like black people.
If you say you don't like corrupt or drunk or stoned people, it is fine because those can change their behavior.

I think the 1st amendment is often misinterpreted. It dates back to a time when people had much tighter rules regarding what they could say in society. The amendment made sense back then as it allowed discussing opposing views that had nothing to do with attacking people.
Today the 1st amendment is often abused as a way to insult others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 10:25 AM
 
Location: CO/UT/AZ/NM Catch me if you can!
4,779 posts, read 4,390,734 times
Reputation: 10449
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
straight pride = 'hate crime' to the woke leftist loons.

really says a lot, doesn't it?
This is an honest question. Could you explain to me just what "straight pride" actually means? Because it has never occurred to me that I need to join a straight pride group to celebrate the fact that I am a heterosexual white person. It's like having a group of people parade by in honor of their pride for having toes on their feet. I simply don't get it, and I can't help but think that "straight pride" actually has a different and darker agenda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 10:30 AM
 
Location: USA
18,198 posts, read 8,990,442 times
Reputation: 13632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
No, I don't think you can say something that is solely aimed at hurting people.
I mean, why are you not content with thinking the way you do? Why do you feel like you have to tell people? It's not something they can change, so there is no point in criticizing homosexuality. It's the same as telling black people that you don't like black people.
If you say you don't like corrupt or drunk or stoned people, it is fine because those can change their behavior.

I think the 1st amendment is often misinterpreted. It dates back to a time when people had much tighter rules regarding what they could say in society. The amendment made sense back then as it allowed discussing opposing views that had nothing to do with attacking people.
Today the 1st amendment is often abused as a way to insult others.
Wow. So, what about Leftists insulting people on the Right? That's protected by the First Amendment? I think you need to go back, read the Constitution, then read the Federalist Papers and other documents behind the reasons for the First Amendment as well as other NATURAL RIGHTS we posses as Human Beings.

It is scary that people have the attitude and misinformation you have. That is how police states occur.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 10:31 AM
 
Location: Eastern NC
19,561 posts, read 17,809,660 times
Reputation: 17365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Are you sure that was a Klan march and not the Democratic National Convention?
Actually it is a Trump rally filmed in black and white.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 10:31 AM
 
Location: USA
18,198 posts, read 8,990,442 times
Reputation: 13632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
This is an honest question. Could you explain to me just what "straight pride" actually means? Because it has never occurred to me that I need to join a straight pride group to celebrate the fact that I am a heterosexual white person. It's like having a group of people parade by in honor of their pride for having toes on their feet. I simply don't get it, and I can't help but think that "straight pride" actually has a different and darker agenda.
It is merely a backlash to being bombarded with LGBT imagery, glorification and promotion in the MEDIA, and Entertainment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 10:34 AM
 
Location: Houston
22,626 posts, read 11,646,542 times
Reputation: 9172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
This is an honest question. Could you explain to me just what "straight pride" actually means? Because it has never occurred to me that I need to join a straight pride group to celebrate the fact that I am a heterosexual white person. It's like having a group of people parade by in honor of their pride for having toes on their feet. I simply don't get it, and I can't help but think that "straight pride" actually has a different and darker agenda.
Yes, gay pride marches are a reaction to gross discrimination in the past and present.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top