Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2019, 10:35 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
CHILDREN don't go to late night Mardi Gras, Spring Break, nor Fraternity Parties. They are taken to public, day time, Gay Pride parades where these freaks show nudity, and perform sex acts in public. Not cool, but yet again Leftists justify such behavior and Pedophilia. Proud of yourself?
One may want to keep ones fantasies private my dear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2019, 10:42 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
One may want to keep ones fantasies private my dear.
And what fantasies would they be?

You just don't like what I said, because it makes perfect sense, and you know I'm right. dear.

You can't win the argument so you just use insults because you have nothing else do you? Typical.

Old 07-26-2019, 10:50 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,742,791 times
Quote:
Wow. So, what about Leftists insulting people on the Right? That's protected by the First Amendment? I think you need to go back, read the Constitution, then read the Federalist Papers and other documents behind the reasons for the First Amendment as well as other NATURAL RIGHTS we posses as Human Beings.

It is scary that people have the attitude and misinformation you have. That is how police states occur.
There are no natural rights, rights have all been invented by humans over thousands of years. They are the result of cultural evolution, and as such always open for changes and updates.

Sorry, but in my view the 1st amendment does not mean you can say anything you want. Unless you are willing to live with the consequences, which might be legal, violent or whatever.
Of course you can tell a guy that you hate his face, but then you'll have to live with his fist in yours

Old 07-26-2019, 11:07 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,671,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
There are no natural rights, rights have all been invented by humans over thousands of years. They are the result of cultural evolution, and as such always open for changes and updates.

Sorry, but in my view the 1st amendment does not mean you can say anything you want. Unless you are willing to live with the consequences, which might be legal, violent or whatever.
Of course you can tell a guy that you hate his face, but then you'll have to live with his fist in yours
Of course there are natural rights -if someone is trying to kill you, you have a natural right to defend yourself.

Old 07-26-2019, 11:10 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,742,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Of course there are natural rights -if someone is trying to kill you, you have a natural right to defend yourself.
It's not a right, it is simply what you do, what every animal does in the jungle, if it can. Animals don't have that right, either. They just defend themselves in order to survive.

Call it a 'natural reaction' if you will.

Old 07-26-2019, 11:11 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,936,051 times
Quote:
It is merely a backlash to being bombarded with LGBT imagery, glorification and promotion in the MEDIA, and Entertainment.
But speaking as a straight white woman, I myself don't feel as "bombarded" as you seem to do. I find the extremes on both sides to be equally unpleasant and I don't engage. I know a lady who works for the local cab company and she drives around all day with her radio tuned into Rush Limbaugh and his ilk. She seems to live in a constant state of paranoia that I simply don't share when I get into my truck and turn on the classical music station.

Frankly, I live a life far removed from all that crap and I do so deliberately. Why die of self inflicted wounds?

Old 07-26-2019, 11:15 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,671,761 times
Quote:
It's not a right, it is simply what you do, what every animal does in the jungle, if it can. Animals don't have that right, either. They just defend themselves in order to survive.

Call it a 'natural reaction' if you will.
I call it a right, because denying an animal or a person the ability to fight back,would clearly be a wrong.

Old 07-26-2019, 11:16 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:

Then you do NOT believe in the concepts of the founding of the United States, nor the U.S. Constitution.

So, you are promoting VIOLENCE as an acceptable response to a verbal comment? Do you know that if you do that you will be charged with assault, and battery, and other crimes and spend time in jail?

I am perfectly willing to live with any consequences of my speech in a free society. This is not a police state like the Leftists want, yet.

Old 07-26-2019, 12:03 PM

78,405 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Not giving a permit to these racists is not done on moral grounds, racists/white nationalists are allowed free speech, however, where they can practice it is not guaranteed. The reasons are simple: Security.

When you allow these racists a permit to spread their hate, people will counter protest and it costs a lot of money in extra police and their overtime to keep violence from breaking out. Do we want to live in a society where we tolerate racists and white nationalists marching down the street and preaching their hate?

We know from history how well this turns out.
Denying the right of assembly on pretexts of "security" and "cost" has been abused.

Your last sentence says it all, you disagree with their message so you'd use any loophole you can deny them their rights to express their views. These guys being a-holes is not an excuse to be fascist.

I would have hoped that the era of Jim Crow and the civil rights marches where they'd be denied permits on any number of pretexts would have taught us as Americans not to repeat those same sins.

Old 07-26-2019, 12:12 PM

15,833 posts, read 6,539,575 times
Quote:
Why are people not ALLOWED to be anti-Gay? Do we not have freedom of thought, and speech? Why must we not only have to accept it, but now promote, and glorify the behavior?
You don't have to like it; just tolerate it. You know, like those oddball hippie neighbors living down the street. Where it crosses the line is in slandering people, harming careers, and committing physical violence. Try thinking of the behavior as just an aspect of nature you don't want to participate in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies