U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2019, 05:31 AM

8,852 posts, read 4,462,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Which dangers? You have created this in your mind because you hate the United States and you're deranged if you think the United States is more dangerous for women than any number of dozens of countries around the world.
Nope, not made up in my mind at all ... did you know that the u.s. ranks #1 in women dying in childbirth ... All this technology and smart people and yet the hospitals can not deliver a healthy woman and child together.
Quote:
you hate the United States
I hate the lack of compassion and understanding as it has been shown in the u.s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2019, 05:59 AM

3,019 posts, read 1,227,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Nope, not made up in my mind at all ... did you know that the u.s. ranks #1 in women dying in childbirth ... All this technology and smart people and yet the hospitals can not deliver a healthy woman and child together.
I hate the lack of compassion and understanding as it has been shown in the u.s.
This is not true.
46th lowest out of 18? not good but certainly not number 1 in women dying in childbirth.

14 per 100,000. Unfortunately I think a lot of this has to do with drugs.

Quote:
All this technology and smart people and yet the hospitals can not deliver a healthy woman and child together.
The mother lives 99,986 times out of 100,000.

Old 07-26-2019, 06:17 AM

5,621 posts, read 1,503,101 times
Quote:
You're misreading the data and not looking at every detail.

A large part of that, and other rankings of a similar kind are a result of the US being a multicultural society with many immigrants and minority cultures with different backgrounds and values. Of particular interest is the large number of impoverished people admitted to the country each year, who believe it or not, are not suddenly adopting first world ways just because they're in a developed country.

Old 07-26-2019, 06:38 AM

10,824 posts, read 4,468,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Yes, this group seem sooooooo left wing:

https://bigthink.com/advisors/

You didn't like the message so had to go on attack to the source. Big Think is ranked as least biased by Media Fact Check

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/big-think/
I simply read the message:
Quote:
U.S. in Top 10 of most dangerous countries for women
#MeToo and #TimesUp catapult America into the club of world's most anti-women countries
No judgement about left or right is necessary. It's clear from that statement that they believe America's ranking is due to these Twitter campaigns, but still think the rank is legitimate. That's idiotic.

Old 07-26-2019, 06:56 AM

14,248 posts, read 6,147,444 times
Quote:
You know when this story gets written, the u.s. is not going to be the good guy in it.

Canada doesn't have illegal entry for asylum seekers. They are today what the u.s. use to be, decent.

Are asylum seekers crossing into Canada illegally? A look at facts behind the controversy

Are they illegal?

"A political debate has raged over language and whether asylum seekers crossing between official points are entering Canada illegally. The term “irregular” is viewed by some as vague jargon and a euphemism. The use of “illegal” (Ontario Premier Doug Ford calls them “illegal border crossers”) is seen by others as inflammatory and dehumanizing.

Legal experts say Canada’s immigration laws are clear: “They’re not illegal border crossers,” said James Hathaway, founding director of the University of Michigan’s program in refugee and asylum law, who is Canadian, and a leading global authority on refugee law."
Canada is decent (and so is the U.S.), but they have the merit based immigration system people here claim is racist. And they enforce their immigration laws, unlike here. They also have the same population in their entire country as we do in our largest U.S. state.

Old 07-26-2019, 07:27 AM

11,425 posts, read 5,992,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
https://bigthink.com/strange-maps/wo...ries-for-women

What do Yemen, Nigeria, Afghanistan, Somalia and the USA all have in common?

They all made it to the Top 10 list of the most dangerous places for women.

Yeah, I was surprised too, and then reading the article, very, very saddened, because I recognized much of what was said was true, and I knew many cases of women who fit. As the article says, the biggest reason the USA made it on the list was that it ranked third, THIRD!, in places where women were most at risk of sexual violence, harassment and being coerced into sex.

So much for those xxx_hole countries south of the border, right?
What saddens me is people who read this kind of stuff, apply zero critical thinking skills, and just accept it as fact. And the worst part, they go cast a vote based on the nonsense that they read.

This is how we end up with Trump, this is how we end up with a clown car full of mostly unqualified Democrats running for office and spouting nonsense that nobody questions. This is how we end up with "Russia influenced our election" drama.

The real (not fake) news is that Russia didn't influence our election, its our failing education system and majority of low IQ voters who don't have critical thinking skills that influenced our election. We are stuck with at least a generation or two of our elections being heavily influenced by people who really have no idea how many lies and intentionally misleading statements they are being force fed every day in order to win political favor.

Old 07-26-2019, 07:28 AM

4,413 posts, read 903,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
You mean, caught in the act AGAIN, and AGAIN, and AGAIN! They truly are the enemy of the people.
Big Think is ranked as least biased by Media Fact Check

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/big-think/

Old 07-26-2019, 07:29 AM

4,413 posts, read 903,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
She lives in Canada.
SHE has only XY chromosomes, exclusively.

Old 07-26-2019, 07:33 AM

5,260 posts, read 3,770,008 times
From the linked article:

.......the survey polled 548 experts on women's issues spread evenly across Europe, the Americas, Asia and the Pacific. Those surveyed included academics and policymakers, healthcare staff and ngo workers, aid and development professionals and social commentators.

Old 07-26-2019, 07:34 AM

27,113 posts, read 19,185,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
What saddens me is people who read this kind of stuff, apply zero critical thinking skills, and just accept it as fact. And the worst part, they go cast a vote based on the nonsense that they read.

This is how we end up with Trump, this is how we end up with a clown car full of mostly unqualified Democrats running for office and spouting nonsense that nobody questions. This is how we end up with "Russia influenced our election" drama.

The real (not fake) news is that Russia didn't influence our election, its our failing education system and majority of low IQ voters who don't have critical thinking skills that influenced our election. We are stuck with at least a generation or two of our elections being heavily influenced by people who really have no idea how many lies and intentionally misleading statements they are being force fed every day in order to win political favor.
good post.

some people are so desperate to believe certain things that they're more than willing to ditch their thought processes to make it happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies