Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2019, 10:21 AM

52,492 posts, read 34,224,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
If this is true, this forum represents the perfect example. Thread after thread of "this happened and that happened here" rather than Big Picture issues.

"Oh, someone got beat up by black kids somewhere"......

"Liberals want health care for this clown".....or the like.

It definitely the end, folks. And there is little anyone can do to stop it because they can't even feed their families and pay the bills. The LAST thing they (average peeps) care about is "this happened over there"...

'some people did something'.

Old 07-26-2019, 10:25 AM

3,046 posts, read 2,377,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
At least that's what I've seen on this forum.

I'll add illegals aswell.

But what would be a conservatives top 5 list of concerns?
1. Hillary Clinton
2. Hillary Clinton
3. Hillary Clinton
4. Hillary Clinton
5. AOC

Old 07-26-2019, 10:27 AM

58,720 posts, read 27,056,325 times
Quote:

"Liberals talk about many issues while Conservatives just talk about liberals.."

If you were to broaden where you get your "news", you wouldn't be saying this!

Old 07-26-2019, 10:30 AM

6,830 posts, read 3,201,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Liberals talk about many issues while Conservatives just talk about liberals.."

If you were to broaden where you get your "news", you wouldn't be saying this!

Where do you get your news?

Old 07-26-2019, 10:42 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,782,378 times
As an independent my top 5 issues are:

1 - Economic opportunity (decreasing burdensome regulations to improve commercial businesses - to support this end I support universal healthcare to remove the burden of healthcare from businesses - I also do NOT support a $15 minimum wage as that would put small businesses in certain sectors out of business IMO).

2 - Supreme Court justices (to this end I don't trust conservatives to uphold a woman's right to choose in regards to abortion. Republicanism and conservatism used to be about keeping the government out of the lives of the populace but on abortion, IMO because many conservatives are over-religious they want to put their religious views on others regardless of the individual circumstances of women and their families - I actually will support any liberal for president because I would be more comfortable with their SCOTUS choices).

3 - Educational opportunities - I feel that educational standards should be made at the state, county, and city level in order to tailor needs of those communities with the education that children receive. I feel that the federal government should not be so heavily involved in education except for funding measures and oversight related to preventing discriminatory actions of districts and that can be done by the court system and not an entire department.

4 - Environmental protections - IMO America should be the lead on environmental protections since in the past we have contributed a lot to the destruction of the earth's environment in relation to pollution. IMO we can be a global leader on green technology and in creating green jobs and let the markets transition our nation and the world away from "dirty" industry practices.

5 - Healthcare for everyone - as noted above this would be good for businesses in America but it is something IMO that we just need to do. However, I don't agree with getting rid of private healthcare industry. IMO we should have a basic plan that covers everything for all citizens but the ability to get a higher echelon plan from the private sector if we pay for it ourselves with a national market to make it more affordable. For the universal/public option, I'd like to see individuals responsible for a small amount of premiums and co-pays to discourage overzealous use.

Old 07-26-2019, 10:47 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,782,378 times
On conservatives on the forum, IMO their top 5 "concerns" are:

1 AOC
2 Omar and Tlaib (tie)
3 Hillary Clinton and Obama (tie)
4 "Illegals" doing something to them
5 Black people doing something to them

They are interesting to me on the "race" comments in regards to saying that it is liberals who speak of "race" all the time when they speak of race just as much as liberals do. They also seem to be in a silo of media websites as the same ones are repeatedly linked here on the forum. It is both interesting and sad to me.

I'll note that these are particular posters and IMO not all the conservative posters are like this, just those who consume too many of those media programming and who are always afraid of something. There are also a lot of proclaimed white conservative posters who often posts "race" articles and try to claim that they are some sort of victims of discrimination as if they have a complex about being persecuted.

Old 07-27-2019, 05:49 AM

58,720 posts, read 27,056,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
Where do you get your news?
All over the place. Liberal, conservative, libertarian, etc.

I noticed you did NOT address the comment I responded to, Instead just a silly comeback!

Old 07-27-2019, 05:51 AM

23,421 posts, read 17,101,753 times
Quote:

what are liberals to 5 concerns, trump, trump, trump, trump, trump

Old 07-27-2019, 05:58 AM

30,421 posts, read 20,249,834 times
Quote:

While I've been away from this forum for a while, I would disagree that liberals "talk about many issues." Mostly what I see, and why I quit posting here, is liberals bashing Trump. They are focused on a single issue, "impeachment." We also see that in the "mainstream" media. It's all they talk about, Trump and impeachment.

Democrat are headed for a huge defeat in 2020, and they will lose the House too. Look at what Nadler is doing. As if Wednesday's "smack down" wasn't enough, he's continuing his 'witch hunt,' and all the 2020 candidates are on board with him. But the American people have a different agenda.

Old 07-27-2019, 05:59 AM

3,350 posts, read 1,220,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Liberals whine about Trump. No matter the topic, they bring it all around to Trump.

24/7.
But Hilary!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies