U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old Yesterday, 01:19 PM
 
Location: Chicago, IL
6,868 posts, read 3,432,992 times
Reputation: 2912

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
Whats my "shortcomings"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
Again your position is clear. You approve of labelling a whole race as racist merely because of their race.

Yes I have a problem with that and for the record you are merely validating the topic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
That didnt happen.

Oh you chimed in alright. Your little line about shortcomings made it perfectly clear you consider me complicit in oppression of blacks.

I am under no obligation to further respond to your satisfaction, in leading questions of a circular nature.

I will respond to replies which include quotes of my statements, not **** you want to lead me into.
You're obviously willing to call people racist for claiming whole groups of people are racist, yet you skipped over the original post, whose entire foundation is that whole groups of people are racist, to find another poster talking about whole groups of people are racist.

I'm using the fact that you passed on commenting on the original post, which lines up w/ what you apparently have a beef with, as evidence that you actually support the OPs premise -- whole groups of people are racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old Yesterday, 01:26 PM
Status: "I hate living in Georgia!!" (set 26 days ago)
 
48,355 posts, read 45,626,606 times
Reputation: 15403
I don't think I could blame the left for this, or the right. However, there is something I could blame for some Blacks hating White people: Anger at Whites. There are some Black people who have remained angry at Whites for for what happened in the past and have passed that anger on to the next generation. An attitude of "we want revenge for the things that were done to us back in the old days". I'm not excusing the attack that took place. The persons who were attacking people. What I'm saying is that the left doesn't need to whip up racial hatred. Some people are angry at the world and want to lash out. And it isn't coming from politicians, but from people they live around and associate with. And I'm not talking about the majority of Black people. I'm only talking about the individuals who have such hatred in them. And this kind of hatred seems very prevalent in the inner city ghettos.

Blaming the left isn't going to do anything to stop racial violence.

And racial violence in America is nothing new. It has been part of America's history from day one. Jim Crow is one example of it. Violence against Chinese immigrants in the late 19th/early 20th centuries. Racial violence is basically woven into America's history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 01:38 PM
Status: "I hate living in Georgia!!" (set 26 days ago)
 
48,355 posts, read 45,626,606 times
Reputation: 15403
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Are your really going on this nonsense rant on a thread that claims... HALF OF AMERICA HATES WHITE PEOPLE?! Really?
I don't think half of America hates White people. I don't think a majority of minorities hate White people. There are some individuals who do have hate and anger in them. Is it the majority? No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 01:44 PM
Status: "I hate living in Georgia!!" (set 26 days ago)
 
48,355 posts, read 45,626,606 times
Reputation: 15403
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
You're obviously willing to call people racist for claiming whole groups of people are racist, yet you skipped over the original post, whose entire foundation is that whole groups of people are racist, to find another poster talking about whole groups of people are racist.

I'm using the fact that you passed on commenting on the original post, which lines up w/ what you apparently have a beef with, as evidence that you actually support the OPs premise -- whole groups of people are racist.
I would also think about the premise of this thread. The idea being "the left is brainwashing Black people to hate White people". Some posts will get ignored for this reason. I am aware that there are Blacks who hate White people. That certainly exists. And there have been Black people who hate White people enough to attack, beat, and kill them. It isn't the majority of Black people that feel that way. And this is something some people aren't getting. Of course, when one of the premises of a thread is "Black people are brainwashed by the left", that should let you know what this is about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 01:46 PM
 
Location: Raleigh NC
9,449 posts, read 7,246,414 times
Reputation: 8179
this was already posted yesterday. I know, the fact the title of the thread didn't max out the characters as you're wont to do - probably didn't catch your eye.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 04:11 PM
 
Location: Japan
10,828 posts, read 4,466,922 times
Reputation: 6972
I'm amazed something like that was shown on ABC News. Brutal black-on-other beatings happen all the time but are rarely ever mentioned by national media.

Wonder if they'll ever pick up this beatdown murder:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RhP4JDfbSA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 05:07 PM
 
9,976 posts, read 6,909,753 times
Reputation: 4229
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
What does that have to do with collective condemnation of all whites, most of whose ancestors, let alone them, had nothing to do with any of that? Its like me pounting out that because black men rape white women, you as a black man.should share accountability for that by merely being black.

Myself my mother left me at the hospital and I was raised by the county until 18mos. I was adopted but they tired of me by age 14 where I was made a ward of the courts. I was in group homes in the SF bay area in the 70s with blacks and asians and given no opportunities they did not have. I dont know who my parents are nor will ever inherit a plantation.
You tell me I am supposed to feel any responsibility for any actions hundreds of years ago by people I had nothing to do with MERELY BECAUSE MY SKIN COLOR MIGHT RESEMBLE THEIRS.

Rationalize that that is not just stupidly racist.

It is a collective condemnation of whites. A collective statement is not necessarily a condemnation of each or every member of the collective. That is the fallacy you are employing and it is known in debate as "the fallacy of division". If the foreign press reads "America elected Donald Trump" as its 45th president", its a statement about the collective (America). The collective is composed of members called (Americans). Would you infer from that headline that the foreign press is claiming that all Americans voted for Trump? You would not, I would assume, because I assume you have basic intelligence. You would understand that the press is characterizing THE COLLECTIVE IMPACT. Yet, why would you assume that a statement made of "whites", the collective, is a claim made against every member of the collective...without exception? All I have done is characterized the collective impact of whites upon blacks in America...and that collective impact upon black, although oppressive for the whole, was not necessarily oppressive for each member to the same degree, if at all .



Look....your reasoning is perfectly clear to me. It can't be denied that there is a long, long history of white people oppressing blacks in this country and there is plenty of evidence of racist living today. Since that cannot be denied.....you have no tenable rebuttal to those claims. It is facts that you can't handle. Yet, even though it is TRUTH...its a truth that gives you great discomfort. How do you then justify a counter attack, driven by your emotions, when all they are doing is speaking the truth? The answer is that your mind convinces you that something is being said that is not actually being said, because the distortion is the only thing that then justifies your emotions and your opposition. Ergo.....when you are not emotional, you don't think a collective claim is a claim against every individual, but when the subject is race and racism, a collective claim against whites gets distorted to "You are calling me a racist" because you only have justification for your backlash if you can demonstrate an untruth.....so you create the untruth (the straw man).



It does not matter, but for the record: "At no time has ALL white people been guilty of racism, oppression, etc. I don't believe that to have been EVER true. I have NEVER argued that to be true and nothing I have asserted is dependent upon that being true for what I asserted to be true". You are debating yourself. You are arguing against your straw man....not against me.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; Yesterday at 05:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 05:53 PM
 
Location: California
1,386 posts, read 411,265 times
Reputation: 2475
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Hey Dims you race baiters I hope youre proud of yourselves. Just keep up and you’re going to start a major race war.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/police-sea...ry?id=64570303
Whites should start taking to the streets and burn up businesses and cars and stuff like the others do when there’s an attack of some sort. It seems anymore causing destruction and terror gets people to listen up, oh wait, this is against the law. Crap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 05:58 PM
Status: "I hate living in Georgia!!" (set 26 days ago)
 
48,355 posts, read 45,626,606 times
Reputation: 15403
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
Whites should start taking to the streets and burn up businesses and cars and stuff like the others do when there’s an attack of some sort. It seems anymore causing destruction and terror gets people to listen up, oh wait, this is against the law. Crap.
We have something like that, sports riots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 05:59 PM
 
Location: Long Island
33,234 posts, read 14,021,399 times
Reputation: 7108
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
Whites should start taking to the streets and burn up businesses and cars and stuff like the others do when there’s an attack of some sort. It seems anymore causing destruction and terror gets people to listen up, oh wait, this is against the law. Crap.
Sure there have been no hate crimes in the past because of race or religion, this is new.


Why don't you just roll down your window and shout "were madder than hell and were not going to take it anymore".


Trump has been a really positive influence and a calming effect on all the races and religions. Another unifying rally should be the answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top